Good Oil Massage In Chiang Mai?

blackbox

Hello everyone,

I do a lot of physical activities and when my body gets sore I need a oil massage for recovery.

Which massages places can you recommend?

-I prefer oil massage and the best option would be if there is possibility to take a shower when finished.

Thanks a lot

As I wrote before on forum I think best massage, either oil massage or Thai massage, is at Maripaun Salon and Thai Traditional Massage on Maejo Road. They have showers, air-con and 3 excellent masseuses. Price for oil massage is 250 baht per hour. It is on left side Maejo road heading from CM to Maejo. 6.5 km from Rimping market at meechok Plaza. Just go to second traffic light, make u-turn and come back towards Chiang Mai. Shop is betweenr Wawee Cofee and Wang Buathong muban. There are signs out front. It is best to make appointment. Phone number is 0852849118.

Absolutely right!!!!

After your last message on this subject, I visited the shop and the massage was brilliant and relaxing in nice clean rooms with AC. Highly recommended....I am not involved in the business of this establishment.....purely a satisfied customer.

As I wrote before on forum I think best massage, either oil massage or Thai massage, is at Maripaun Salon and Thai Traditional Massage on Maejo Road. They have showers, air-con and 3 excellent masseuses. Price for oil massage is 250 baht per hour. It is on left side Maejo road heading from CM to Maejo. 6.5 km from Rimping market at meechok Plaza. Just go to second traffic light, make u-turn and come back towards Chiang Mai. Shop is betweenr Wawee Cofee and Wang Buathong muban. There are signs out front. It is best to make appointment. Phone number is 0852849118.

Absolutely right!!!!

After your last message on this subject, I visited the shop and the massage was brilliant and relaxing in nice clean rooms with AC. Highly recommended....I am not involved in the business of this establishment.....purely a satisfied customer.

Is this a strictly therapeutic oil massage? It's hard to tell sometimes.

Try Dokmai Massage on Thapae Soi 1. It's a small place owned by a very friendly, English-speaking Thai woman named Ooy. She does oil massage and traditional Thai massage. Oil massage is 250 baht / hr and Thai massage is 200 baht / hr, although you could probably talk her into a discount. She even has an espresso machine in case you want a coffee fix (which I do).. There is a shower in the restroom. Ooy is a wealth of information about the local area and she really helped me when I visited Chiang Mai. I've attached a Google Earth placemark to her business. Enjoy! :rolleyes:

Dokmai Massage.kmz

Edited by connda

You know, how you receive a massage is so personal, the only way to find out if it's good for you is to find out yourself.

I am addicted to massages and I noticed that the cheaper treatments are just as good, or sometimes even better ;-), than the spa-versions.

Oilmassages are 200, 250, 300, so it's not a fortune you lose when it's not suitable.

Another recommendation: Home Massage on Loi Kroh.

Just had them treat my swollen foot and hamstring injury, they are just brilliant. The pretty ladies are across the street but the good massage is here! Hurt like hel_l but they told me to come back in 3 days for a second treatment and then it would be all good. If it works i must say its genius. I'll report back.

• 2 weeks later...

After riding all the way out there I found Maripaun Massage is closed on Mondays! Argh!!!

It's really OUT there. Here's a google maps link

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=18.879963,99.014719%20%28Nong%20Han,%20San%20Sai,%20Chiang%20Mai%2050290,%20Thailand%29

HI just back from trying (It's a long way from Hang Dong!)

Good massage, but nothing better than I can get much closer to home

in the Chanklan Rd area.

David

Another recommendation: Home Massage on Loi Kroh.

Just had them treat my swollen foot and hamstring injury, they are just brilliant. The pretty ladies are across the street but the good massage is here! Hurt like hel_l but they told me to come back in 3 days for a second treatment and then it would be all good. If it works i must say its genius. I'll report back.

I'll add my "plus one" to that. Me and Mrs Pikey have been going there for a number of years and have always had a great massage - her Thai, me, due to a dodgy back, oil. The ladies are older and a bit heftier, but certainly know their business.

Cheers,

Pikey.