Speedy Visa Run?

Has anyone ever done this?

I hold a 2 entry tourist visa and the 60 day stay of the first entry is almost expired. When I make the run (to Nong Khai as currently planned) must I actually enter Laos?

Wouldn't it be sufficient to get an exit stamp at the Thai immigration post, then turn around and make my second entry into Thailand?

Theories welcome, but description of an actual experience would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Edited by Lite Beer
E Mail removed.

Are you certain that they look for anything more than an exit stamp from Thailand?

I actually need another 60 days --- the extension would only postpone the problem.

Edited by Lite Beer
E Mail removed.

Are you certain that they look for anything more than an exit stamp from Thailand?

I actually need another 60 days --- the extension would only postpone the problem.

If you are going to Nong khai, you must exit Thailand and get an ENTRY/EXIT visa/stamp into/out of Loas before returning to Thailand, if you do not they WILL turn you away when you try to re-enter GUARANTEED.

lol

I thought the same thing once....

I exited thailand, crossed the road and re-entered.

On the return journey to bangkok i cursed my stupidity for all the wasted entry fees and time wasted in the past.

Next time i tried it they told me it wasn't allowed.

so basically, if they notice it they'll send you back, but if they're to busy and dont you go through.