Splitting Large Condo Into 2 Titles

Hi,

I am looking at buying a large condo that currently is on one Chanote. I wish to divide it into 2 condo's create separate titles and sell off one living in the other. Can this be done and what would be the legal process for doing this ? ...thanks in advance any thought's would be greatly appreciated.

Doubt this could be done. Besides adjusting the title deed there are aspects in building regulations that have to be to be satisfied, such as electrical services, fire alarm (and sprinklers if any) and escape, water supply, and building compliance with EIA (limit on total number of units in the project).

Its certainly not as simple as just putting up a couple of walls.

How will you plumb the 2nd unit and tie it into the main building water and waste system?

How will you re-wire and get the 2nd unit on a meter?

Will you be allowed to cut a 2nd entrance through a common-area wall in the corridor?

Good luck convincing the majority Thai owners to let you do this.

I believe that land registry will not split a title for a condo.

But even if they do then you will certainly require 50% of the owners approving the change at a general meeting.

Not sure what reason you would have to get this approval but change of the title deeds seems possible, or have to make a new entrance into the 2nd unit - a change of exterior appearance of the unit. Both the former (probably) and the latter (definitely) require owners approval.

That is not looking at the practicalities of separating water supply that often runs in the solid concrete floor!