Lake Green Condo, Suk Soi 8

Stayed there for approx 8 months in 2003 before they renovated.

Was a bit too close to the cigarette factory - If you open the windows the cigarette smell can be overpowering. My friends who are smokers loved this but I could not stand it.

Thanks for the reminder about the cigarette factory, the smell can reach all the way to Sukhumvit Rd sometimes.

The plan is to relocate the factory and turn that space into a park, then the location could be ideal. I wonder when that will happen?

I did notice a constant drone of highway noise when viewing the units on the west side.

Since its an older building, the room sizes are much bigger than the new condos being built, making it a tempting place to invest.

One thing I don't like about these Condo developments is the grand entrance lobbys, I get a twing of embarrassment when Ginger or Mary Ann come by for a short visit.

I looked at a few apartments in this building. Liked the apartments and the views, tuk-tuk to sukhumvit service is the best I've seen (they actually drive that thing all day, as opposed to other places where the "driver" is usually hiding somewhere asleep.

Ultimately passed for two reasons:

Location- Just a little too close to the sleaze (Lolita's blowjob bar down the street, etc).

Management- Very bad in opinion. Said they would supply new beds and when I sat down to sign said they would only supply old beds (that were a total joke). So stupid to blow a deal over a couple of new beds, but typical. Also one of the apartments was FULL of more mosquitos and moths than I have ever seen before in one place. I started laughing when I saw it because it was so rediculous. Manager inisted that was normal for Bangkok in February, needless to say, when I moved into the apartment I settled on I didn't have to fight the moths for space.

JB

• 4 years later...

I live there, it is really nice and the "new management" is excellent.

The Tuk-TUk is very convenient and work 24hours 7/7.

I live on high floor but i can't really smell anything from the factory(i leave early and come back home late..)

My friend Ree, an owner there is member of the building comittee so knows all the owners and if you are looking for a property to rent or buy there give him a call, the management people downstairs only know a couple of units, on the lower floor. Ree: 083 197 44 32

Enjoy !