Capture The Flag

AndersSN

The night between Saturday and Sunday someone stole the flag from outside my bar on Loi Khro, It is a big Danish flag and for those that doesn't know what one looks like it's on the left of the photo.:annoyed:

It might have been stolen by an envious neighbor, or more likely some drunken tourist. Whatever the case I would very much like it back.

So if anyone has seen in knocking around, I would be very grateful for a hint. And who knows there might be some free drinks in it for you ;)

Anders

Dragonfly Bar

Just realised that the picture doesn't load, try this link: Photo

Edited by AndersSN

There is always someone or groups of people hanging about the Loi Kroh road. Surely someone must have witnessed this going on?

Have you tried making inquiries with other business owners and customers in the area or perhaps there is cct footage of the incident somewhere?

Edited by Beetlejuice

cct footage of the incident somewhere?

:D you are joking I presume?

Perhaps you are right. For a moment I forgot which part of the world I am living.

Thinking about this, businesses are struggling enough in Chiang Mai, I don`t know why some people get pleasure out of doing down to others as in this case, theft.

Could be jealousy, or just plain maliciousness. It`s a spiteful act and not funny at all.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Perhaps you are right. For a moment I forgot which part of the world I am living.

Thinking about this, businesses are struggling enough in Chiang Mai, I don`t know why some people get pleasure out of doing down to others as in this case, theft.

Could be jealousy, or just plain maliciousness. It`s a spiteful act and not funny at all.

Or just plain drunken stupidness ;)

Or just plain drunken stupidness ;)

Could be but something like this has to be within the person in the first place. No matter how drunk I could get, I would never commit such an act against someone else and I have no doubts that stands for you too, anonymouse.

I am a strong believer in natural justice and that whoever stole the flag will never make any gain from it.

He/she or those that have the flag would be well advised to return it to the owner and walk away.

I was going to stress south of Hadrian's Wall and east of Offa's Dyke but I thought that was way too pedantic. I thought I would just let people exercise their brain cells instead. :whistling:

Colour blind Englishman just doesn't have the same "ring" to it when discussing acts of vandalism. :D

I was going to stress south of Hadrian's Wall and east of Offa's Dyke but I thought that was way too pedantic. I thought I would just let people exercise their brain cells instead. :whistling:

Colour blind Englishman just doesn't have the same "ring" to it when discussing acts of vandalism. :D

hehe you're right but I was in a pedantic mood :jap:

There is always someone or groups of people hanging about the Loi Kroh road. Surely someone must have witnessed this going on?

Have you tried making inquiries with other business owners and customers in the area or perhaps there is CCTV footage of the incident somewhere?

I actually have CCTV in the bar (for insurance purpose), but not outside, so I can't see what goes on after we close.

So I guess I have to bite Apple (a girl that used to work in the bar) and order a new one from Denmark

Thanks for the support

Anders

Have you tried making inquiries with other business owners and customers in the area or perhaps there is CCTV footage of the incident somewhere?

I actually have CCTV in the bar (for insurance purpose), but not outside, so I can't see what goes on after we close.

So I guess I have to bite Apple (a girl that used to work in the bar) and order a new one from Denmark

Thanks for the support

Anders

Try the shop in front of the Chiang Mai Entertainment Center (boxing) on Loi Khro that sells boxing kit, across form Mikes burger. That's where I bought all my flags including a Danish flag.

Thanks for the support

Anders

i had a bite of Apple once. She did have a lovely pear.

Maybe when you get the new flag, wire it up to the electric mains after closing time. 2000 volts works a treat as a prevention against theft.

Good luck and probably see you down the bar one evening.

Thanks for the support

Anders

i had a bite of Apple once. She did have a lovely pear.

Maybe when you get the new flag, wire it up to the electric mains after closing time. 2000 volts works a treat as a prevention against theft.

Good luck and probably see you down the bar one evening.

:D I'll try that for sure, I'm just worried that my electricity bill will soar...