Bodyguards In Thailand

perkie173

Hey everyone,

I've been asked to write an article detailing about body guards in Thailand and just wondered if anyone here has any first hand experience in this area or could share a little of what they know. Can farrang be body guards, is it just Thais? Are bodyguards over here different to in western cultures? If anyone can share a little knowledge that would be uber as I don't know where to start right now. Thanks guys :)

I used to run with a thai guy that was a bodyguard for a farang, the thai guy was ex army, he was paid 15,000 Baht per month. He basically worked most of the day, whenever the farang went out or left his office the bodyguard was with him. We used to run in Mo Chit park early morning before he started work. When his employer left thailand then he was unemployed for a short while then started working security at a bank in JJ Mall.

Can't give you more info than that sorry.

I would suggest that since the OP doesn't know the topic at all, AND is asking on an English language internet forum, that all he will get from here are the stories from all of our former SAS/Delta Force/CIA etc members :)

If the OP both knows any relatively influential people in any field AND speaks Thai, he shouldn't have too many problems finding real people that employ real body guards. Otherwise, everything will be anecdotal and totally useless when it comes to writing any story based upon reality.

I would suggest that since the OP doesn't know the topic at all, AND is asking on an English language internet forum, that all he will get from here are the stories from all of our former SAS/Delta Force/CIA etc members :)

If the OP both knows any relatively influential people in any field AND speaks Thai, he shouldn't have too many problems finding real people that employ real body guards. Otherwise, everything will be anecdotal and totally useless when it comes to writing any story based upon reality.

I am a retired ninja if the op wants to pm me

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Never seen a farang bodyguard but I think it would look very cool to have one or three. Especially on a night out in Thonglor where they can pretend to be useful.

I have seen some Arab (women and men) with a Thai bodyguard though...wearing the mandarin collar silk outfit and who probably doubled as drivers.

When I first came to Thailand I went to RCA two or three times with some rich Indians and one Thai fellow, who had a bodyguard. When I tried to leave the group the bodyguard made it quite clear that I wasn't going to go past him...despite being a "friend" of his employer. Too weird. Had to make a run for it in the other direction due to newbie paranoia. Those were the days of Taurus, Morgan, Phuture, NASA where you'd see many more youngsters with bodyguards, more guns and more "incidents" involving them.

What reality or knowledge have to do with a farang writing English language articles about Thailand? He'll fit right in with the rest of the hack journalists living here

What is the cost of hiring a bodyguard on daily basis??

Like the rubber, I suspect you will get what you pay for.

If you need REAL protection, rather than the APPEARANCE of protection, I suggest you use an international firm who will hook you up with someone who speaks your language fluently and can respond appropriately to threats perceived or real. if you can't communicate well with your B/G I think their effectiveness is compromised.

If you need REAL protection, rather than the APPEARANCE of protection, I suggest you use an international firm who will hook you up with someone who speaks your language fluently and can respond appropriately to threats perceived or real. if you can't communicate well with your B/G I think their effectiveness is compromised.

I've been assigned a BG a couple of times, but for obvious reasons I've never needed one in Thailand. I did a three day trip to Baghdad/Basra in Iraq and apart from what appeared to be every US Marine as a bodyguard, I had two personal bodyguards. Both of them spoke arabic fluently. They were both french. An impression I got from the experience was that it is imperative that are able to communicate with everybody, not just the client.

I was in a similar situation in Burkina Faso, but this time I had a small Scottish guy as a bodyguard. At 5"6 he didn't look like much but my colleagues bodyguard mentioned that he was afraid of him, and he was 7"... These two guys spoke french fluently and managed communication in every situation.

In both situations the BGs came from a third party company. The customer in both situations was a large american oil company that you have heard of.

My friend Paul told me ' if you'll be my bodyguard i can be your long lost pal derr ne ne ne derr ne ne ne

I still to this day dont know why he called be betty

But i told him i had enough pals and my name wasnt betty. So i didnt become his bodyguard

My friend Paul told me ' if you'll be my bodyguard i can be your long lost pal derr ne ne ne derr ne ne ne

I still to this day dont know why he called be betty

But i told him i had enough pals and my name wasnt betty. So i didnt become his bodyguard

Can I call you, Al? :unsure:

Saw a couple of Yasorry American gents at the Yasathon rocker festival one year with a bodyguard (thai) dressed in a sort of uniform complete with AK47, side arm and big knife.

The 2 gents also each had a string of wooded penisis round their necks.

Dont know which would have given the best protection against what.