Thaivisa Auction Site

george

On request from some members we installed an Auction site on our server, so we could buy and sell here a la eBay.com style.

But no success yet. Only one object has been auctioned out over a period of one month.

I can't understand why the Auction site doesn't work out.

Please have a look at Thailand Auction at let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

George

It looks great but IMHO I would be very concerned about rip-offs and scammers. I am supposed to trust some guy I never met before and who can split at the drop of a dime?

It could be alright if the people met each in person but this has limitations. Also, I believe that the people selling their things are often very unrealistic about the asking prices. I am sorry but electronics in any shape or form should be discounted at 50% or more when they are 6 months or older. The people at MBK are not going to give this phone seller that high of a price so why should we offer more?

Anyway, how is the security set up? How do we know if seller is real, has the thing he is selling, and most importantly we are not going to get ripped off?

How do we pay? We put money in the guys's account first? More questions. Personally I think it is a big headache for small things. The classifieds section seems adequate although people seem to be unrealisitic for setting prices for their things.

However, I do see there being some promise for bigger items that can be verified and the seller/buyer get together in person later to complete purchase.