Television

booma

If you have Sophon cable, Pattaya People TV (channel 11 on my set) is in English 24 hours a day. Alternatively there is Pattaya Mail TV (on channel 2) about 4 times a day, Pattaya One TV (channels 27 and 40) on 4 times a day, and Sawadee TV (channel 27) a couple of times a day. They are all in English and present news and views from around Pattaya. But they have LOADS of adverts that are very amateurish (as are the programs) and never change.

If you have Sophon cable, Pattaya People TV (channel 11 on my set) is in English 24 hours a day. Alternatively there is Pattaya Mail TV (on channel 2) about 4 times a day, Pattaya One TV (channels 27 and 40) on 4 times a day, and Sawadee TV (channel 27) a couple of times a day. They are all in English and present news and views from around Pattaya. But they have LOADS of adverts that are very amateurish (as are the programs) and never change.

Thanks for your response.

just one question. Do you know if they are run/owned by foreigners?

B

Apologies to OP, but as you ( eyebee ) seem to know about Pattaya cable tv, do you have a problem with the sound on the English language movie channels? I have a loud hissing sound on the ones I get, so can't hear the words. All the other channels are OK, just the movie channels with a problem- very annoying

No problem for the TGF as have Thai subtitles!!!

Apologies to OP, but as you ( eyebee ) seem to know about Pattaya cable tv, do you have a problem with the sound on the English language movie channels? I have a loud hissing sound on the ones I get, so can't hear the words. All the other channels are OK, just the movie channels with a problem- very annoying

hi Thaibeachlovers

I thought it was just me !

Yes the English language Movie channels are very difficult to listen to with the consistent hiss & also poor picture, especially ch 2. (on my TV)

I tried the menu settings on my TV & settled on "Speech" as slightly better than the other options but still very poor sound & picture !

I even suspected the AC directly above my sofa as possibly resonating with the sound frequency but I'm glad in a way other people are experiencing this problem.

The other channels are fine on Sophon so the fault must lie with them. I wonder if they are aware of the issue as I'm sure it must just be a question of retuning that particular channel from their end !

cheers roger007

There is an English broadcast covering Thailand in general, but I am not sure of the times nor the channel. It is one of the regular Thai channels and is broadcast almost daily. Anybody know of this?

Is that NBT at about 8 in the morning? ... just off the top of my head.

There is an English broadcast covering Thailand in general, but I am not sure of the times nor the channel. It is one of the regular Thai channels and is broadcast almost daily. Anybody know of this?

Is that NBT at about 8 in the morning? ... just off the top of my head.

I could have sworn I have seen it around 5pm or so. I've seen it several times and keep forgetting to write down what channel and exact time! Oh well....I will try and do a better search and post it here when I get it figured out! ;)

But it is a decent roundup of the news here in LOS....

hi Thaibeachlovers

I thought it was just me !

Yes the English language Movie channels are very difficult to listen to with the consistent hiss & also poor picture, especially ch 2. (on my TV)

I tried the menu settings on my TV & settled on "Speech" as slightly better than the other options but still very poor sound & picture !

I even suspected the AC directly above my sofa as possibly resonating with the sound frequency but I'm glad in a way other people are experiencing this problem.

The other channels are fine on Sophon so the fault must lie with them. I wonder if they are aware of the issue as I'm sure it must just be a question of retuning that particular channel from their end !

cheers roger007

Thanks. At least I know now not to go and complain to the landlady!

It's not to do with the AC though, as don't normally use mine. I actually get a good picture, but can't hear any words.

I shouldn't watch so much tv anyway, and most of the movies they broadcast are pretty rubbish.

Much better to buy DVDs from the cheap shops in Tukcom, no?

Happy days.

Thanks. At least I know now not to go and complain to the landlady!

It's not to do with the AC though, as don't normally use mine. I actually get a good picture, but can't hear any words.

I shouldn't watch so much tv anyway, and most of the movies they broadcast are pretty rubbish.

Much better to buy DVDs from the cheap shops in Tukcom, no?

Happy days.

Or download movies and TV series. I have been downloading TV series a lot lately. Fantastic.

I have a fairly decent TV, a new Samsung Plasma. The sound was horrible with Sophon, could barely understand the soundtrack. I now have UBC and it is much better.