Newbie Looking For A Squash Partner

samlowry

Hi!

I'm played squash only 1 time, want to try more (for example, 1 time per week). If somebody look for a partner and have patience to teach me basics of game - contact me. Actually, I know principles of the game, and I play other active games, so, hope, teaching will be easy.

I also play squash at Maejo University. I have squash ball and can play on Wednesday or Friday. If interested just send me PM.

I saw their courts a couple of weeks back. They look good - glass backed for spectators, and quite cool also.

There were only 2 girls playing on one court and 3 courts empty. This was about 5:30 pm.

The courts were on the 2nd floor of the same building as the ground-floor fitness gyms, right?

I'll PM you for a game soon.

Thanks I look forward to it. I played yesterday and courts free from 430-530 but then filled up. Rule is if people are waiting you are only supposed to play 20 minutes, and then first one playing gives up court. However this has only happened to me once and it was when I got there late.

Thanks I look forward to it. I played yesterday and courts free from 430-530 but then filled up. Rule is if people are waiting you are only supposed to play 20 minutes, and then first one playing gives up court. However this has only happened to me once and it was when I got there late.

Are they any good? Is it only students and you? I presume you are a farang.....

Are they any good? Is it only students and you? I presume you are a farang.....

hehe... i mean are there other farangs there also? And does everyone play each other or do you need to arrange a game in advance?

I'm going to get my ankle checked out then hopefully ready for a game.

Jules

Yes I am farang. My regular squash partner is a teacher at the university. I would suggest you arrange game in advance, as students play each other generallly. Also they have first choice of courtt naturally as they are paying for them. However if you come early the courts are generally open. They do not mind if public uses them, however I believe this will change if students complain they are unable to play becaus of outsiders using courts, so whenever people are waiting to use courts I relinquish court. However this has rarely happened.