Thailand Dismisses Terrorism Risk Study By British Firm

webfact

I would suggest that when state terrorism ceases, then so will citizen terrorism cease. If we had peaceful fair leaders, why would citizens start killing each other??

The real message about terrorism is that citizens turn to it as a last recourse to fight the injustices visited upon them by governments and all their state apparatus. Cut state terrorsim, and citizen terrorism will naturally disappaer.

But no, the world prefers to deal with the symptoms, never the causes. Oh well, take yer choice and live with it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continued denial, selective memory and what Thai's think they believe, right or wrong and they always find a way to justify it to themselves. Fortunately the public is far smarter at large! dry.gif

You're describing typical human behaviour. So yeah, it would be surprising if thais weren't doing this too, after all they are part of the human family.

I too love a debate, and have done absolutely heaps of research in my time about the topics i am interested in. Perhaps i could urge you to read more critically, then you won't see things in my writing that aren't there? Then your own debating may improve, but it might also be better to not write off young people. We can learn from them, we can learn from anybody with open minds.

I was going to respond, but think providing some of your comments would hopefully be more interesting. These are all from posts you have made. Look pretty silly now, and for sure are targeted towards blaming the USA for everything under the sun...at least bad things. You make a lot of blanket statements that are clearly not true. I agree with you to a certain degree...but blanket statements can come back to bite you.

The western corporations are poisoning us, then their brother and sisters in big pharma step in and give us more poisons with their pills.

The trouble for thailand and just about all developing nations is that once the american corporate interests have ruined the health of their own citizens, they set about exporting all their poisonous 'food' to the rest of the world. Natty advertising will do the trick all over again. All so they can satiate their monstrous greed for money.

What a nightmare that has been unleashed by american corporations, all over the world too.

Okay, not so much americans, even though the trend for this unhealthy eating began there. No, it's the corporate companies to blame, but they're all mostly american, so yep, it's back to blaming the americans! It's them producing all this food that is unhealthy, yet they deliberately make the foods addictive. It's them who do the advertising and entice the citizens to eat all this stuff.

We all know the biggest terrorists in the world are the US government.

Junk food came from countries outside of thailand, specifically the USA.

I'm not US bashing, i'm bashing the madness that allows these coporations to produce all this 'food' (at great expense to the wellbeing of our planet) and then advertise and sell it (at great expense to the wellbeing of the citizens eating it).

The US is unfortunately the major cause of just about ALL terrorism around the world.

And of course you're right, it would be incorrect to say the US is the cause of all terrorism, but then, who's saying this anyway?

We need to remember that terrorists are citizens who decide to kill fellow citizens in their (perverted) effort to stop governments committing crimes and abuses against their own brethren.

But back to Maplecroft, you made the following statement:

Those maplecroft people have been nowhere near the countries they've designated as at risk from terrorism.

Read their website as to how they develop their reports. It is pretty dang amazing. And read how many corporations and governments utilize their reports. This is from the OP. These guys are pretty sharp and just do number crunching on actual data. Kinda interesting as to how they do it....

Global risks advisory firm Maplecroft said in its website that the index uses data from June 2009 to June 2010 to assess the frequency of terrorist incidents and the intensity of attacks, which includes the number of victims per attack and the chances of mass casualties occurring. It also includes a historical component assessing the number of attacks between 2007 and 2009 and looks at whether a country is at risk from a long-standing militant group operating there.

Oh come on, Maplecroft and Co. In more than ten years of visits here, and two years as a resident, I have not encountered a single threat to my safety. And it isn't just the luck of the draw -- my friends here say the same thing. Where is this Thailand that is supposed to be as unsafe as Colombia? And whereabouts in Mexico on this list -- now that country is unsafe.

Oh come on, Maplecroft and Co. In more than ten years of visits here, and two years as a resident, I have not encountered a single threat to my safety. And it isn't just the luck of the draw -- my friends here say the same thing. Where is this Thailand that is supposed to be as unsafe as Colombia? And whereabouts in Mexico on this list -- now that country is unsafe.

I saw a report on the violence in Mexico a few days ago on BBC. I was shocked at the number of deaths that occurred over the past few years. Unreal. For sure Mexico should have been on this list!

You still don't get it. It's about potential.

But, where were you on May 19? I remember at about 2:30 dense black smoke billowed down our soi and we wondered if we would be burned out.