Collapse The Banks!

LOL - I suggest you find yourself a cave up in Nakorn Nowhere and move into substistence farming. Bear in mind though: - no electricity allowed, no vehicles, no petrol, dig your own well for water, don't get sick as the hospitals have no electricity either and no money for medicine, research and development or equipment. Most of these rely on banks at some point in the credit system for either collections or financing, and if they don't their suppliers or customers usually do.

Roll on the Dark Ages.... :)

you do realize that when the us gov was on a gold standard that it was the most economically successful periods in our history, right? you also realize that Jefferson, who most consider the wisest of our founders, spent more or less his entire post revolution effort at attempting to prevent private banks from controlling our money supply, right? and that throughout American and European history the gov and banks have fought over who issues the money? or did you not know any of this?

are you that ignorant that you believe that there would be no banking system or lending without fractional reserve cronyism where losses are nationalized and profits privatized?

555 I remember the gold standard well. I also remember that they had banks during that period as well.

OP suggested collapsing the banking system. I'd be interested in your concept of a gold standard without any banks, which is what OP suggested. Or are you two working together to develop some sort of silver standard without any banks... who's printing the money in this world of yours or is it all done on bartering... careful the buffalo doesn't get sick.. tell us more please...

Sound like something off Hancock's half hour, where he deposited a pint of blood at a blood bank, and wanted to make sure he got his own pint of blood back. Excellent comedy...

My point is dont deposit. Keep it out of there as much as you can.

As for the poster that is getting 7% per cent on his monthly payments, well done to you, that is a very good rate at the moment. But bear in mind if the banks suddenly wanted to change they have the power to do so and there is sweet .f.a you can do about it, no matter how protected that piece of paper says you are.

Im not an American but look what happened to all those pension schemes, completely gone and what can they do... nothing! Worked all their life, entitled to as much rights as anymore if not more due to their service to the tax system and then the bankers mess up but to soften their losses they take it from people like you and me. It will all go pear shaped soon.

Fractional reserve banking, the system the banks use would be illegal in any other business. The only reason Bernie Madoff is in prison for a hundred or so years is he didn't call himself a bank. Banks make money out of nothing. Just look at the Federal reserve in the USA. The print money then charge the US interest on every dollar they print. Why doesn't the country print its own money and save the enormous amount they pay the Fed ?

Curious that every President that has proposed to do this has, by coincidence ended up being assassinated.

I watched a clip on Youtube showing one of the Feds chief officers being asked where all the bail out money has gone to and she could not answer. The US tax payer has given the Fed over 2 Trillion dollars and they cannot or will not tell the Government what they have done with it. It beggars belief!

You should only blame ourselves, wanting the credit card, ATM, loans, etc. etc.

I remember my dad who only used cash, and the contract was a hand shake, I guess you call than stone age, so need up to us to use or don’t use the bank

Fractional reserve banking, the system the banks use would be illegal in any other business. The only reason Bernie Madoff is in prison for a hundred or so years is he didn't call himself a bank. Banks make money out of nothing. Just look at the Federal reserve in the USA. The print money then charge the US interest on every dollar they print. Why doesn't the country print its own money and save the enormous amount they pay the Fed ?

Curious that every President that has proposed to do this has, by coincidence ended up being assassinated.

I watched a clip on Youtube showing one of the Feds chief officers being asked where all the bail out money has gone to and she could not answer. The US tax payer has given the Fed over 2 Trillion dollars and they cannot or will not tell the Government what they have done with it. It beggars belief!

You should only blame ourselves, wanting the credit card, ATM, loans, etc. etc.

I remember my dad who only used cash, and the contract was a hand shake, I guess you call than stone age, so need up to us to use or don't use the bank

Other than home mortgages, I operate on a strictly cash basis. The properties I own have enough cash placed in them when I take a mortgage to avoid mortgage insurance. The credit union that I run my checking accounts through for ATM withdrawals do not charge a fee for it. I do not have a line of credit attached to the ATM. (I keep 2 current credit cards just in case of emergencies but have not used either of them in 7 years that I have lived in Thailand)

I would suggest that almost anyone with any real assets NEEDS banks and that those without any real assets might be able to survive without them.

Nobody is saying that you don't need banks. They are saying that banks shouldn't be allowed to lend money that they do not have deposited: no crazy ass insane 100:1 leverage and rolled over debt AND no nationalized losses/privatized gains.

Please feel free to go back and read the original post (and answers to it).

The again the OP wrote this in another thread ....

Banking is not really my thing but if I change pound to baht in the bank, is it cheaper than changing baht to pound.??

and I would agree with the intent of his statement, that he doesn't understand banking.

Nobody is saying that you don't need banks. They are saying that banks shouldn't be allowed to lend money that they do not have deposited: no crazy ass insane 100:1 leverage and rolled over debt AND no nationalized losses/privatized gains.

Banking is not really my thing but if I change pound to baht in the bank, is it cheaper than changing baht to pound.??

and I would agree with the intent of his statement, that he doesn't understand banking.

I agree that I dont really understand banking but I must add that my above post was a mistake which Im sure I rectified later in the thread...?

But anyways you're right I dont really understand banking on a whole. I do listen to a lot of people that do however and while I have alot to learn I do know when Im being conned and taken for a fool, simple as that.

I do find it weird that you would go through my posts though, to find something that you didn't know you were looking for. Alot of effort, bit scary

Another similar campaign

'Crash JP Morgan Buy Silver goes global in less than a week, a spark of an idea from Michael Krieger was put into action by financial investigator and broadcaster Max Keiser on the Alex Jones Show.

During the interview on the Alex Jones Show, Max Keiser announced, “If everyone in America bought one silver coin, or even if one million people collectively bought 100 million ounces it would take it off the market and crash JPMorgan.” So people in their millions all over the world are buying physical silver. Coins, troy ounces, everything they can get their hands on.'

http://unitednationsoffilm.com/?p=2452

and

Crash JP Morgan’s stock to zero. Buy Silver. JPM’s got a 65 trillion dollar deriviates bomb on their balance sheet exploding IN REAL TIME as Silver prices climb exposing 3.3 bn. ounces of Silver shorts

http://maxkeiser.com/2010/11/19/crash-jp-morgans-stock-to-zero-buy-silver-jpms-got-a-65-trillion-dollar-deriviates-bomb-on-their-balance-sheet-exploding-in-real-time-as-silver-prices-climb-exposing-3-3-bn-ounces-of-silver-sho/

Another similar campaign

'Crash JP Morgan Buy Silver goes global in less than a week, a spark of an idea from Michael Krieger was put into action by financial investigator and broadcaster Max Keiser on the Alex Jones Show.

During the interview on the Alex Jones Show, Max Keiser announced, "If everyone in America bought one silver coin, or even if one million people collectively bought 100 million ounces it would take it off the market and crash JPMorgan." So people in their millions all over the world are buying physical silver. Coins, troy ounces, everything they can get their hands on.'

http://unitednationsoffilm.com/?p=2452

and

Crash JP Morgan's stock to zero. Buy Silver. JPM's got a 65 trillion dollar deriviates bomb on their balance sheet exploding IN REAL TIME as Silver prices climb exposing 3.3 bn. ounces of Silver shorts

http://maxkeiser.com...-of-silver-sho/

Here's the youtube link

I agree that I dont really understand banking but I must add that my above post was a mistake which Im sure I rectified later in the thread...?

But anyways you're right I dont really understand banking on a whole. I do listen to a lot of people that do however and while I have alot to learn I do know when Im being conned and taken for a fool, simple as that.

I do find it weird that you would go through my posts though, to find something that you didn't know you were looking for. Alot of effort, bit scary

No effort at all --- your other thread popped up on the first page (new posts added) and I looked at the first page of the thread.

Your idea stated in this OP shows no knowledge of banking or what it does, nor has anything else I have seen you post about banking or finance to date.

I wonder where you store all those silver...:lol:

In a gun cabinet works for me :)

I've got 5 kilo's worth and as it goes up in price to it's rightful level It's working for me :)

:) Unless it dumps in price before you unload it. I actually met Bunker Hunt and his brother when I was a youngster.

From Hunt's wiki page

Beginning in the early 1970s, Hunt and his brother William Herbert Hunt began accumulating large amounts of silver. By 1979, they had nearly cornered the global market.[6] In the last nine months of 1979, the brothers profited by an estimated $2 billion to $4 billion in silver speculation, with estimated silver holdings of 100 million ounces.[7]During the Hunt brothers' accumulation of the precious metal, prices of silver futures contracts and silver bullion during 1979 and 1980 rose from $11 an ounce in September 1979 to $50 an ounce in January 1980. Silver prices ultimately collapsed to below $11 an ounce two months later. The largest single day drop in the price of silver occurred on Silver Thursday.[1]

Hunt filed for bankruptcy under Chapter 11 of the Federal Bankruptcy Code in September 1988, largely due to lawsuits incurred as a result of his silver speculation.[1]

In 1989 in a settlement with the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Nelson Bunker Hunt was fined US$10 million and banned from trading in the commodity markets as a result of charges of conspiring to manipulate the silver market stemming from his attempt to corner the market in silver.[1] This fine was in addition to a multimillion-dollar settlement to pay back taxes, fines and interest to the Internal Revenue Service for the same period.[1]

Now, of course I am not suggesting that with 5kg of silver you are in a class with Bunker Hunt..... I am suggesting that the market could at some point become volatile :)

With long term low investor interest rates, control over currency exchange rates, major players in the credit card game, business and home loan industries, banks have become 2 separate entities.

They are both a safe house to store our money and a loan company. When we deposit our money into a bank account we are in fact lending the banks our money for hardly any return.

They are of no use at all to us investors; it is us that are being exploited.

Yes, I would like to see the end of the banks in their present format. They have too much control; there must surely be a better system?

Possibly the greatest footballer of all time.

Amazing to think that an easy withdrawal of our money would change the world in such a significant way.

I think when people start to do this then we'll see how corrupt the banking system really is and what they'll do to keep our money

Edited by james24

Another similar campaign

And another from France by Eric Cantona ..... I posted in another thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck1hTTR-2EE&feature=player_embedded

And that is only part of a wider effort see -

December 7 Is The Unofficial Pan-European Bank Mutiny Day

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/december-7-unofficial-pan-european-bank-mutiny-day

The only problem U have got with the banks is that their brand name is damaged beyond repair, it don't matter what they put up in advertising, they R damaged , no one would say the banks have helped their country in times of need , yet that is exactly what they were designed to do.The snouts are back in the trough as we speak.