Any Ideas Of A Good Gift From The Usa For A Thai Woman?

jsflynn603

Since the OP is not checking any luggage I would again urge caution purchasing any beauty-type products (perfume, make-up, lotions, gels, toiletries, skin-care, etc.) in sizes greater than 3 oz/100 ml, and which cannot fit in your single, 1 Qt ziploc baggie. Note that TSA regulations change daily so try to stay informed if you can. (Pop Tarts have probably been banned; the TSA recently made a 3 year old dump the water out of his sippy cup for slightly exceeding the 3 oz limit.) Intimate apparel and sex toys could lead to embarrassing moments during a secondary search as the rookie TSA agent, holding up your toy, yells across to his supervisor, "Do we allow dildos this big now?" (Also remove any batteries.)

from post #14 So I am not sure who would say not to get (make-up). Well obviously six different women from yours ... When was the last time you saw 'whitening formula' advertised in the USA? Perfume is OK ...  but real Chanel No. 5?? Then again you posted elsewhere you bring back 100 kilos or so of salami and cheese, etc. so I will not try to mimic your shopping list.

Not quite correct--I never eat cheese.

From my limited population of Thai women, make-up has been very, very popular.  And at 100% of my population, given even a large standard variation, I think it is probably OK to assume that make-up is a valid choice.  "Make-up" is not limited to whitening cream, as far as I can tell.  

For the Jiu-Jitsu who questioned about which brand of chocolate, I buy Godiva packs at WalMart.  $2.67 for a nice-looking pouch of 10 or so small pieces each, and my office staff eagerly waits for them when I return.  Several have told me this is the best chocolate they have had.  OK, maybe it isn't the world's best, but to them, it is good and they appreciate it.

Easy..:)  America has made so many products which are good qualities,

although some can be found in Thailand, but the prices here are ridiculous expensive..

What I will recommend you:-

- Bath & Body Works's products - Lotions, Skincare.. toiletery stuffs.. this brand not yet sold in here, but well-known among Thais.

- Victoria Secrets, Pink's products - not the lingerie, but they also have nightwear, toileteries, etc. Don't buy her bras, you don't know her sizes.

- Krispy Kreme:lol:  - if you can carry! this Doughnut brand has just come to Thailand about few months ago, and it is soooo..popular here until it's got the longggg queqe to buy it.. Ridiculous really, just a doughnut!!

- I will disagree to buy all Cosmetics and Purfume products since it is too complicate, you must know the color and number of products she will need first, wrong colors can be disappointment more. So better not buy her.

- Chocolate, Candies.. any kind which made in USA.. this souvenir is very neutral, as some in here said Thais love to eat. Jelly Beans.. once have in Thailand but too much expensive..

- if you want something more expensive, can buy "Coach", may be small bag, tote, wallets.. B)  go buy at the outlets if you can, much..much cheaper.

- I prefer Tiffany :) , small jewelries, no diamond.. can be. a little more expensive.

- Blackberry, iPhone :D  because I like having one but I know you won't buy her this, too complicate!

Wish you good luck!!

I would have to agree with this.  Pink's from VS has gone over very well.  Coach is an instant success.  And at the risk of giving credence to Jazzbo, when I have bought make-up, I have been given a very specific list of exactly what to buy, so the onus was on them to pick the brand/color/etc.  Otherwise, I would have to agree with you about make-up (especially being a Thai female) and maybe only stick with the skin care-type stuff such as Bath & Bodyworks.

On the make-up front most designers have these travel make-up kits or palettes which are usually available from in-flight duty-free or duty-free shops departing the U.S. or in transit. I've gotten both the Dior and LANCÔME versions, and while not at all related to the U.S., they have been appreciated by Thai women as gifts. (I assume these are available locally?)

Just about every American female celebrity has a fragrance/cosmetic line, so maybe something from one of them might be appreciated.

Some gifts that are most highly prized and appreciated are actually free; first and business class airline amenity kits, PJs/slippers and lounge shower kits. I get to fly first class once a year on LH, TG, NH, SQ and they have excellent amenity kits. I always get the lady's versions where the amenity kit comes in a designer bag that can be used as a purse, and the items enclosed are usually very high quality designer category. The sleeper PJs are always very high quality. Anyway, these are always hits.

I have to admit I've been stumped on this one, given the carry-on limitation. Chocolate is a good idea, and See's is handy at SFO, but there is so much good chocolate available everywhere (while you can get Godiva at Wal-Mart it is really a Belgium-brand), maybe pralines, salt water taffy, or bark or even peppermint bark? Hawaiian coffee or macadamias?