Swampy To Hualamphong

Yamojig

I wonder if any of you kind souls could suggest the best way to get from swampy to Hualamphong station mid afternoon

I am looking at airport express bus AE4, is there a better way with the new rail link?

What would the worst case scenario travel times be between swampy and the station?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Theoretically it's a short hike from Makkasan on the new airport line and Petchaburi MRT line which is a direct line to Hua Lamphong. But...

1 ) I don't know how easy the hike is between stations - not famed for their joined up transport thinking here.

2 ) MRT has security that like to poke into every little carrier bag, if you hit them with major luggage they'll either have a stroke or shoot you on sight.

If you had checked the Airport Forum you may have seen that there are already 2 threads on this issue. This one probably has all the info you require;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/392052-suvarnabhumi-airport-to-hua-lamphong-station/

Your mode of transport may depend on your luggage situation re: interchange between ARL & MRT. To answer your query, worst case scenario mid afternoon on ARL & MRT - max 1 hour but realistically 45 mins esp. if you take the express.

AE4 would take an hour or more but more if a Friday or raining (more unlikely this time of year).

I don't think there would be any issue with luggage and MRT

The pedestrian link between Makkassan and Petchaburi MRT will be ready in 2011, but right now you can still walk as it's only 200m. If you want to avoid that particular walk, you could exit at BTS Phaya Thai and transfer to the Silom MRT line at Sala Daeng.

Edited by thedistillers