What Typesof Peopleare Coming Tophuket Now?

fatcatkamala

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're letting the English language get you all in a muddle mate :wacko:

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to get at. Perhaps you're getting confused with the difference between, 'saying' something wrong'

and 'saying 'something' wrong. I was saying the latter, which is exactly the same as being wrong about something.

So basicly, your 'you didn't say it wrong, you are wrong' statement with all the pretty smiley faces, didn't make the slightest bit of sense.

I stand by my statements. Calling it a small percentage was wrong (as I have admitted already) However, I stand by my comment that it was only slightly wrong. Bangla is only one road, and a huge amount of the time it's pretty quiet. A huge amount of people that walk up and down that road are mere spectators, not spending any money at all. If you clicked your fingers, and they vanished, that road would look very different, especially anytime outside high season. As soon as you turn off Bangla toward the beach, all the money is going to the restaurants. As soon as you head off Bangla, away from the beach, the bars are for the best part empty, often being 6 girls to one lonely Farang propping up the bar.

Of course that area and that industry generates a huge amount of money, but it's not a lion share of what Phuket generates as a tourist destination.

Normaly, it's people that only frequent that area, that would be unaware of how much more goes on in Phuket. Not saying that's you, just saying.

It's either right, or wrong. You can not be "slightly" wrong.

Now, all the restaurants on Beach Road you talk about, next time you walk past, have a look how many farang men are in there with a Thai girl. Most of the Thai girls work in a bar and have been taken out of the bar for the night, week, or fortnight, by the farang. Obviously, for "other things" than just conversation over dinner. If there were no bar girls in Phuket, he, and therefore she, would not be in the restaurant.

Look around in the markets and you will see the same. Farang men taking a Thai girl shopping.

It's not just what happens "back in the room" which sees money sent back to Issan (another economy within itself) but the farang buying 2 drinks (one for him and one for her - 3 drinks if she is experienced and gest him to pay for her cousin/friend/sister to come along as well) either in her bar, or any other bar, food in restaurants, shopping, transport etc etc. He is now buying 2, or 3 of everthing, instead of one. Even the hotels that charge "joiner fee" make a baht out of it.

A lot of lonely and/or horny men come to Phuket. The bar girls and freelancers cater for these visitors. The baht it brings to the island, and spreads across the island, is HUGE. Kata and Karon have a bar girl scene. It's all over the island, not just Bangla Road. How many farang do other activities once they are here - diving, go-carting, shooting, caberet shows, jet-ski, island tours, ten pin bowling, para-sail, massages etc etc. These would struggle to survive if the farang men didn't initially come "for the girls." Many take the girl to a smaller island for their holiday, so, the money in this industry even spreads to smaller nearby islands.

You mention all the spectators walking along Bangla Rd. What would they see if there were no bar girls swinging off poles etc etc. Bangla Rd would lose it spectator appeal.

I never said Phuket would not survive, I said it would become a ghost town. Once again, picture the island without it's main nightlife strip, Bangla Rd. All the big discos would close, all the small beer bars under Tiger would close etc. Now picture that elsewhere on the island. Phuket would become a shadow of it's former self.

The bar you mention at the end of town with 6 girls in it and a lonely farang "propping up" the bar, would close. The 6 bar girls would not be there, so either would the lonely farang. He would go to a bar where there were 6 girls still working in the bar, for some company in the bar and possibly later, in his room. That bar may now be in Pattaya, or Cambodia or Vietnam, but he will not be back to Phuket in a hurry.

As hard as it is to imagine, seriously, try to picture Phuket with no sex trade, whatsoever. Bar girls, freelancers, massage shops, "fly in friends" (where the girl comes to meet her "friend" when he comes to Phuket). It's a massive industry that also feeds business to other sub-industries.

No, you didn't say it wrong, you are WRONG - WRONG - WRONG. :)

I will not "play down slightly" how wrong you are which you have admitted to.

If you want to see what downstairs of the The Tiger Complex on Bangla Road would look like, without bar girls, go and have a look at the bars under the new boxing stadium.

I think you're letting the English language get you all in a muddle mate :wacko:

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to get at. Perhaps you're getting confused with the difference between, 'saying' something wrong'

and 'saying 'something' wrong. I was saying the latter, which is exactly the same as being wrong about something.

So basicly, your 'you didn't say it wrong, you are wrong' statement with all the pretty smiley faces, didn't make the slightest bit of sense.

I stand by my statements. Calling it a small percentage was wrong (as I have admitted already) However, I stand by my comment that it was only slightly wrong. Bangla is only one road, and a huge amount of the time it's pretty quiet. A huge amount of people that walk up and down that road are mere spectators, not spending any money at all. If you clicked your fingers, and they vanished, that road would look very different, especially anytime outside high season. As soon as you turn off Bangla toward the beach, all the money is going to the restaurants. As soon as you head off Bangla, away from the beach, the bars are for the best part empty, often being 6 girls to one lonely Farang propping up the bar.

Of course that area and that industry generates a huge amount of money, but it's not a lion share of what Phuket generates as a tourist destination.

Normaly, it's people that only frequent that area, that would be unaware of how much more goes on in Phuket. Not saying that's you, just saying.

Now, all the restaurants on Beach Road you talk about, next time you walk past, have a look how many farang men are in there with a Thai girl. Most of the Thai girls work in a bar and have been taken out of the bar for the night, week, or fortnight, by the farang. Obviously, for "other things" than just conversation over dinner. If there were no bar girls in Phuket, he, and therefore she, would not be in the restaurant.

Look around in the markets and you will see the same. Farang men taking a Thai girl shopping.

It's not just what happens "back in the room" which sees money sent back to Issan (another economy within itself) but the farang buying 2 drinks (one for him and one for her - 3 drinks if she is experienced and gest him to pay for her cousin/friend/sister to come along as well) either in her bar, or any other bar, food in restaurants, shopping, transport etc etc. He is now buying 2, or 3 of everthing, instead of one. Even the hotels that charge "joiner fee" make a baht out of it.

A lot of lonely and/or horny men come to Phuket. The bar girls and freelancers cater for these visitors. The baht it brings to the island, and spreads across the island, is HUGE. Kata and Karon have a bar girl scene. It's all over the island, not just Bangla Road. How many farang do other activities once they are here - diving, go-carting, shooting, caberet shows, jet-ski, island tours, ten pin bowling, para-sail, massages etc etc. These would struggle to survive if the farang men didn't initially come "for the girls." Many take the girl to a smaller island for their holiday, so, the money in this industry even spreads to smaller nearby islands.

You mention all the spectators walking along Bangla Rd. What would they see if there were no bar girls swinging off poles etc etc. Bangla Rd would lose it spectator appeal.

I never said Phuket would not survive, I said it would become a ghost town. Once again, picture the island without it's main nightlife strip, Bangla Rd. All the big discos would close, all the small beer bars under Tiger would close etc. Now picture that elsewhere on the island. Phuket would become a shadow of it's former self.

The bar you mention at the end of town with 6 girls in it and a lonely farang "propping up" the bar, would close. The 6 bar girls would not be there, so either would the lonely farang. He would go to a bar where there were 6 girls still working in the bar, for some company in the bar and possibly later, in his room. That bar may now be in Pattaya, or Cambodia or Vietnam, but he will not be back to Phuket in a hurry.

As hard as it is to imagine, seriously, try to picture Phuket with no sex trade, whatsoever. Bar girls, freelancers, massage shops, "fly in friends" (where the girl comes to meet her "friend" when he comes to Phuket). It's a massive industry that also feeds business to other sub-industries.

here in Kata Karon most couples seen are farang-farang or thai-thai, not to mention oz-oz. You are as usual talking about Patong but calling it Phuket :rolleyes:

No, you didn't say it wrong, you are WRONG - WRONG - WRONG. :)

I will not "play down slightly" how wrong you are which you have admitted to.

If you want to see what downstairs of the The Tiger Complex on Bangla Road would look like, without bar girls, go and have a look at the bars under the new boxing stadium.

here in Kata Karon most couples seen are farang-farang or thai-thai, not to mention oz-oz. You are as usual talking about Patong but calling it Phuket :rolleyes:

Read again.

I said most couple in Patong restaurants, shopping, bars etc are farang man/Thai girl.

I said there is even a bar girl scene in Kata and Karon. It's obviously smaller, but it is still there. They are obviously there for a reason and must be making some money.

Read again.

I said most couple in Patong restaurants, shopping, bars etc are farang man/Thai girl.

I said there is even a bar girl scene in Kata and Karon. It's obviously smaller, but it is still there. They are obviously there for a reason and must be making some money.

I did

It says "Beach Road" without mentioning which beach road in Phuket.

It said "Phuket" would not survive.

What you obviosly mean is Patong, but try to make Patong to Phuket

Despite kata karon having its girl bars, as every town and village in Thailand, still most couples seen here are farang-farang and thai-thai, in contrary to what you state. You are welcome to have a look :)

:coffee1: That's very simillar to the, you can't 'think you know' something argument, (which you can, in my interpretation of the English language) Very droll and unnecessary. Something can be right or wrong. Then there is the degree to which something was right or wrong. 3 + 3 = 7, is slightly wrong. 3 + 3 = 342 is very, very wrong. I appologise for the very basic example, but I felt it was needed to aid your comprehension. Not only that, but that's a completely different technicality than you used earlier. You can't be too convinced with your own arguement if you need to resort to childish technicalities!

As much as I appreciate your indepth knowledge of the bar scene and the ins and outs of how it works, you really need to read the two posts above mine and get something in to your head. If you learn one thing today make it this: You keep using the word PHUKET when the word you want to use is PATONG.

One second you are talking about tourism on PHUKET, the next you are saying PATONG would be a ghost town.

The people without the intimate knowledge of bar fines you have, are discussing Phuket as a whole, and the tourism industry and revenue made, Island wide.

I know you would like to believe that the average Beer Bar man is spending huge amounts of money, just because he is now paying for two, and I'm sure some do. But how many girls that have been taken out of their bar for one night, get taken to Mom Tris for dinner? How much do you think a group of golfers or a familly of 6 will spend in places like that. A little bit more than a bowl of Som Tum from a passing vendor!

Something else you fail to understand. You could have 10 blokes in a bar, it doesn't mean all 10 will need/want to pay for a girl, a huge amount of single men like to drink, look but not touch. For some people it doesn't sit right paying for something you can get an an abundance of for free. People like that will still come to a lively drinking area if the girls weren't there.

The bar girls vanish, PHUKET tourism is hardly dented, PATONG goes very quiet, for a very short period of time, until the entrepreneurs get to work and turn it in to a different kind of entertainment area. This would then attract a whole new group of tourists, that would be happier to see more areas like Karon and Kata, and less like Patong.

I am down at Surin beach every afternoon and often walk from Bang Tao to Layan beach or ride up to Nai Thon in the afternoons. Over this side of the island I'd say 95% plus of tourists are either couples or families on vacation. There are a lot of Russians here at present and they are mostly couples or groups of couples.

The Catch Beach Club at Surin beach has had a wedding every few days lately with large groups of family from both sides attending. I think it is part of the Marriot hotel so whoever sells their wedding packages is killing it. Yesterday I saw maybe 2 guys with hired help at Surin beach out of a few hundred people.

Even the most die hard bar skulkers I know say Patong is just getting too expensive for long drinking sessions at bars or clubs. The rent seekers will turn Patong into Pattaya as supply exceeds demand. Even now there is an excess of everything so competition gives the punter bargaining power if he's wise enough to know it.

Onething I have noticed is high season has become way shorter recently. Even 7 years ago I remember May being busy in Patong. I think the real high season starts January 1st and goes to Songkran in April now. This may change with the Russians but the last 3 years have been quiet right up to Christmas. This year seems busier but I rarely go to Patong at present so can't say much about it. I last stayed in Patong last April/May and it was very very quiet.

There's a few people on this forum putting up very jaundiced posts about Phuket. We know the place aint perfect, we know the cops are bent but give us a spell from whining the belly-aching for god's sake. Just be grateful you have enough money to live a decent life here as there's plenty of people who don't.

Every time I ride up to Nai Thon the security guards at the luxury estates always give me a smile and wave. They're standing there all day for maybe 6000 baht a month but still seem happier than some of the whiners who post here. The one-upmanship between a few guys is making them look like total dickheads. Have your say but remember right or wrong is always from a perceived reference point. Your "right" might well be somneone elses "wrong" .........get over it.

I am down at Surin beach every afternoon and often walk from Bang Tao to Layan beach or ride up to Nai Thon in the afternoons. Over this side of the island I'd say 95% plus of tourists are either couples or families on vacation. There are a lot of Russians here at present and they are mostly couples or groups of couples.

The Catch Beach Club at Surin beach has had a wedding every few days lately with large groups of family from both sides attending. I think it is part of the Marriot hotel so whoever sells their wedding packages is killing it. Yesterday I saw maybe 2 guys with hired help at Surin beach out of a few hundred people.

Even the most die hard bar skulkers I know say Patong is just getting too expensive for long drinking sessions at bars or clubs. The rent seekers will turn Patong into Pattaya as supply exceeds demand. Even now there is an excess of everything so competition gives the punter bargaining power if he's wise enough to know it.

Onething I have noticed is high season has become way shorter recently. Even 7 years ago I remember May being busy in Patong. I think the real high season starts January 1st and goes to Songkran in April now. This may change with the Russians but the last 3 years have been quiet right up to Christmas. This year seems busier but I rarely go to Patong at present so can't say much about it. I last stayed in Patong last April/May and it was very very quiet.

There's a few people on this forum putting up very jaundiced posts about Phuket. We know the place aint perfect, we know the cops are bent but give us a spell from whining the belly-aching for god's sake. Just be grateful you have enough money to live a decent life here as there's plenty of people who don't.

Every time I ride up to Nai Thon the security guards at the luxury estates always give me a smile and wave. They're standing there all day for maybe 6000 baht a month but still seem happier than some of the whiners who post here. The one-upmanship between a few guys is making them look like total dickheads. Have your say but remember right or wrong is always from a perceived reference point. Your "right" might well be somneone elses "wrong" .........get over it.

excellent post from a long timer, and its interesting to see the picture is the same on the other side of Patong too.

I am a periodical Patong drinker, and I still pay 2500 baht for a bottle of JD. 150% more than in the grocery store, gives me free mixers, ice, and 20 prettys to look at,:P in the middle of Bangla. I find that acceptable. If I come back a month later, my bottle is still as I left it. Beers still 70 baht

Read again.

I did

It says "Beach Road" without mentioning which beach road in Phuket.

It said "Phuket" would not survive.

What you obviosly mean is Patong, but try to make Patong to Phuket

Despite kata karon having its girl bars, as every town and village in Thailand, still most couples seen here are farang-farang and thai-thai, in contrary to what you state. You are welcome to have a look :)

Quote: "I never said Phuket would not surive. I said Phuket would become a ghost town."

I mean what I say. When I say Phuket, I mean THE WHOLE ISLAND. Of course, Patong would be the hardest hit. There would be massive shop, guesthouse, bars, restaurant, cafes, salons, massage shops and hotel closures, island wide. I do not have any statistics available, however, like the OP, my observations from being on the plane, to asking Thai staff, to people watching on Bangla Rd, leads me to have the opinion that the biggest demographic of tourist is young, single, males and they are all not here just for the beach.

A lot of the couples that stay in Kata/Karon come to Patong for their night out or for shopping etc. There would not be enough of these couples to support the amount of businesses here at the moment. In smaller places on the island that have a large expat community, you would have to consider that many of those expats would move to where the girls are. That could be Pattaya, Cambodia or Vietnam etc.

Without the sex trade, this island would change dramatically. Once again, I never said it wouldn't survive. I said it would become like a ghost town, compared to now and would be a shadow of it's former self.

:coffee1: That's very simillar to the, you can't 'think you know' something argument, (which you can, in my interpretation of the English language) Very droll and unnecessary. Something can be right or wrong. Then there is the degree to which something was right or wrong. 3 + 3 = 7, is slightly wrong. 3 + 3 = 342 is very, very wrong. I appologise for the very basic example, but I felt it was needed to aid your comprehension. Not only that, but that's a completely different technicality than you used earlier. You can't be too convinced with your own arguement if you need to resort to childish technicalities!

As much as I appreciate your indepth knowledge of the bar scene and the ins and outs of how it works, you really need to read the two posts above mine and get something in to your head. If you learn one thing today make it this: You keep using the word PHUKET when the word you want to use is PATONG.

One second you are talking about tourism on PHUKET, the next you are saying PATONG would be a ghost town.

The people without the intimate knowledge of bar fines you have, are discussing Phuket as a whole, and the tourism industry and revenue made, Island wide.

I know you would like to believe that the average Beer Bar man is spending huge amounts of money, just because he is now paying for two, and I'm sure some do. But how many girls that have been taken out of their bar for one night, get taken to Mom Tris for dinner? How much do you think a group of golfers or a familly of 6 will spend in places like that. A little bit more than a bowl of Som Tum from a passing vendor!

Something else you fail to understand. You could have 10 blokes in a bar, it doesn't mean all 10 will need/want to pay for a girl, a huge amount of single men like to drink, look but not touch. For some people it doesn't sit right paying for something you can get an an abundance of for free. People like that will still come to a lively drinking area if the girls weren't there.

The bar girls vanish, PHUKET tourism is hardly dented, PATONG goes very quiet, for a very short period of time, until the entrepreneurs get to work and turn it in to a different kind of entertainment area. This would then attract a whole new group of tourists, that would be happier to see more areas like Karon and Kata, and less like Patong.

Sorry to tell you that whatever way you look at it: 3 + 3 = 6 Any other answer than 6 is wrong. It's an exact science.

You mention the group of golfers. Have you considered they may change the venue for their "golfing trip" so they could play golf and have a shag???? Instead of just playing golf.

The 10 guys in the bar you mention, sure, not all 10 will go with a girl, but some will. So, those "some" may now choose to holiday somewhere else where there are girls. Maybe their mates will follow them, or the 2 groups may split, who knows.

I am talking about Phuket - the whole island. See previous post.

The industry is bigger than what you think with a big flow-on effect to sub-industries and big money being sent to Issan every month.

excellent post from a long timer, and its interesting to see the picture is the same on the other side of Patong too.

I am a periodical Patong drinker, and I still pay 2500 baht for a bottle of JD. 150% more than in the grocery store, gives me free mixers, ice, and 20 prettys to look at,:P in the middle of Bangla. I find that acceptable. If I come back a month later, my bottle is still as I left it. Beers still 70 baht

Agreed, very good post.

Except the bit where I got called a dick head.

I only partialy agree with that bit. :P

Sorry to tell you that whatever way you look at it: 3 + 3 = 6 Any other answer than 6 is wrong. It's an exact science.

:thumbsup: You've got something down to an exact science mate, but it's not math I'm afraid.

I'll try to refrain from replying to you NKM. All that time at the computer, your bar stool must be missing you!

:thumbsup: You've got something down to an exact science mate, but it's not math I'm afraid.

I'll try to refrain from replying to you NKM. All that time at the computer, your bar stool must be missing you!

Strange post bangtaoboy.

As far as I know the Uncertainty Principle is part of the discipline of Quantum Mechanics.

Can women become "slightly pregnant"?

Evan Johns.

Edited by CaptainZero

It's called an IPhone. Have you heard of them???? :)

Strange post bangtaoboy.

As far as I know the Uncertainty Principle is part of the discipline of Quantum Mechanics.

Can women become "slightly pregnant"?

Evan Johns.

You can try and be as clever as you like. What I'm talking about has nothing do with science or quantum mechanics.

'Can a woman become 'slightly pregnant?

No, she is either pregnant or not. Once that fact has been established, she can then be either heavily pregnant or only lightly pregnant, (or whatever the correct term for being in the early stages of pregnancy may be)

There is nothing incorrect about using the adverb 'heavily' to describe a pregnancy, it has nothing to do with the origonal fact, that has already been established, that she is in fact pregnant.

The exact same can be said for being right or wrong. Once that fact has been established, there is absolutely nothing incorrect about using the adverb 'slightly' or 'very' to determine exactly how right or wrong someone was.

Google 'Slightly wrong' and the first results will be:

Facebook gets it slightly wrong

The Times gets it slightly wrong

slightly wrong film titles

codes in shop slightly wrong

name spelt slightly wrong etc etc etc.

Perfectly correct use of the English language.

I think you'll find, the only thing 'strange' about my post, as you put it, is the fact that I bothered writing it in the first place. The same could be said about this one. But hey, what's TV for if not waisting a bit of time, while needing to be in front of the computer.

Check your book on Quantum Mechanics mate, and get back to me If you think I'm still wrong, I've got plenty more time to kill this evening.

It's called an IPhone. Have you heard of them???? :)

Yes vaguely. Isn't that the shodilly made piece of tut, that millions of people complained about, because the aerial problems?

Only on Thai Visa.com could the question "What types of people are coming to Phuket now" be answered by quantum mechanics.

I think the "Heisenberg principle of uncertainty" applies more as just by asking that question you have collapsed the wave function and altered the potential of any event. Are you willing to accept the consequences of that? If a Jetstar plane arrives tommorow packed with heavily refreshed yobs it will be all your fault for asking that question. :o

Edited by LivinginKata
Flame removed

This is the latest ads for Phuket in Aus............

Phuket's new secluded luxury resort

09:00 AEST Thu Nov 18 2010

Perched 60m above sea level on Cape Panwa, 60 very private villas are sprinkled across 13 hectares of tropical gardens and huge trees. All accommodation has views of the Phuket Islands and Andaman Sea. The resort's tuktuks are at the ready to transport you around........................There are one- and two-bedroom pool villas and luxury pool villas, pool suites and three five-bedroom residence villas. They have some properties for sale if you're cashed up.......................It's quite possible you won't want to leave the resort, but if you do, they will help you arrange shopping trips, kayaking or even an elephant trek...........

Cost

Sri Panwa villas start at $800 (24,000 baht) a night. Breakfast is included.

http://getaway.ninemsn.com.au/fsasia/thailand/8142459/phukets-new-secluded-luxury-resort

So in answer to your question, bloody rich tourist.

This is the latest ads for Phuket in Aus............

Phuket's new secluded luxury resort

09:00 AEST Thu Nov 18 2010

Perched 60m above sea level on Cape Panwa, 60 very private villas are sprinkled across 13 hectares of tropical gardens and huge trees. All accommodation has views of the Phuket Islands and Andaman Sea. The resort's tuktuks are at the ready to transport you around........................There are one- and two-bedroom pool villas and luxury pool villas, pool suites and three five-bedroom residence villas. They have some properties for sale if you're cashed up.......................It's quite possible you won't want to leave the resort, but if you do, they will help you arrange shopping trips, kayaking or even an elephant trek...........

Cost

Sri Panwa villas start at $800 (24,000 baht) a night. Breakfast is included.

http://getaway.ninem...d-luxury-resort

So in answer to your question, bloody rich tourist.

Currently, we have the Phuket International Soccer 7's in town. Recently, we had approximately 3000 American sailors off a war ship.

They are not staying at $800 per night resorts.

There are plenty of beaches and football pitches in South East Asia. Could it be they "choose" to come to Phuket for the specific "nightlife" that is here???? :) :) :) :)

Fear not people. I have just returned from the Arrivals hall at Phuket International Airport and it appears the annual 3 month long convention of the mentally and physically challenged is well under way!

Edited by BillR

Currently, we have the Phuket International Soccer 7's in town. Recently, we had approximately 3000 American sailors off a war ship.

There are plenty of beaches and football pitches in South East Asia. Could it be they "choose" to come to Phuket for the specific "nightlife" that is here???? :) :) :) :)

My friends who flew down from Bangkok as part of the Indigo Pearl Soccer 7's team stayed at the Indigo Pearl (probably around $400 per night) and were interested in winning the competition (they won the final of the Masters Plate) not sleeping with 'bar girls' or whatever you call them.

Fear not people. I have just returned from the Arrivals hall at Phuket International Airport and it appears the annual 3 month long convention of the mentally and physically challenged is well under way!

Ya mean the return of forum members returning from their visa runs? :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one. :) :) :) :)

My friends who flew down from Bangkok as part of the Indigo Pearl Soccer 7's team stayed at the Indigo Pearl (probably around $400 per night) and were interested in winning the competition (they won the final of the Masters Plate) not sleeping with 'bar girls' or whatever you call them.

Congrats to your friends on winning.

I note from their website that the "Welcome Party" was held in Soi Crocodile (full of bar girls). Did your friends go????

I also note that the "Awards Party" was held in Taipan Disco (full of freelancers). Did your friends go???? They should have, if they won.

Are you saying your friends, from Bangkok, have never had "a night out," at Sukhumvit Rd, Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, Patpong Rd? I would find that hard to believe.

I note from their website that the "Welcome Party" was held in Soi Crocodile (full of bar girls). Did your friends go????

I also note that the "Awards Party" was held in Taipan Disco (full of freelancers). Did your friends go???? They should have, if they won.

Are you saying your friends, from Bangkok, have never had "a night out," at Sukhumvit Rd, Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, Patpong Rd? I would find that hard to believe.

Well they fl;ew down on the Friday night and had their first game at 8am on the Saturday and seeing as they were staying at The Indigo Pearl they could not take advantage of the young thai 'bar girls'. Saturday was pretty much exactly the same situation. then Sunday after winning in the late afternoon their flight was at 10pm so if there was an afterparty that you mention I dont believe they went.

Maybe other teams did go but in this case they didnt and they were in a high end hotel. The Soccer 7's are held all over Thailand though...I dont believe they are based on the quality of the girls as much as the quality of the facilities and airports etc.

If football tournaments are based on the women when will England get the next world cup?

Well they fl;ew down on the Friday night and had their first game at 8am on the Saturday and seeing as they were staying at The Indigo Pearl they could not take advantage of the young thai 'bar girls'. Saturday was pretty much exactly the same situation. then Sunday after winning in the late afternoon their flight was at 10pm so if there was an afterparty that you mention I dont believe they went.

Maybe other teams did go but in this case they didnt and they were in a high end hotel. The Soccer 7's are held all over Thailand though...I dont believe they are based on the quality of the girls as much as the quality of the facilities and airports etc.

If football tournaments are based on the women when will England get the next world cup?

Never :whistling: