Tourist Visa Pp Cambodia

I got a double entry tourist visa from PP 3 weeks ago,you can let it do by your guesthouse or go yourself like I did;only a few people so finished quickly, but I had to wait 3 days to collect my passport,luckily there was a guy outside who approached me and told me I could have my passport back next day when I paid him 20$,i agreed and then he talked to a guard who called somebody inside the embassy and he confirmed I coule come next day 4 PM to collect my passport,i did not have to pay him before.So next day I went to the embassy and the guard gave me my passport with the 2 entry tourist visa in it and i gave him 20$. for 25$ you can get your passport back same day;also the 2 entry tourist visa was free. You cannot do the 20$ settlement inside,only with those guys outside. To obtain the 2 entry's I had to show my airplane tickets,for a single entry no documents required.

good luck

Thanks for this :) May I ask was this your first ever tourist visa, as I have had 2 from Laos reason being :-

I am under 30 and am not married to a thai - basically I am a long term backpacker and have made my way up Thailand purley for tourism reasons,but planning to go back to the UK in the summer to study after a rather long gap year :) Just worried incase I get rejected!

I got a double entry tourist visa from PP 3 weeks ago,you can let it do by your guesthouse or go yourself like I did;only a few people so finished quickly, but I had to wait 3 days to collect my passport,luckily there was a guy outside who approached me and told me I could have my passport back next day when I paid him 20$,i agreed and then he talked to a guard who called somebody inside the embassy and he confirmed I coule come next day 4 PM to collect my passport,i did not have to pay him before.So next day I went to the embassy and the guard gave me my passport with the 2 entry tourist visa in it and i gave him 20$. for 25$ you can get your passport back same day;also the 2 entry tourist visa was free. You cannot do the 20$ settlement inside,only with those guys outside. To obtain the 2 entry's I had to show my airplane tickets,for a single entry no documents required.

good luck

good luck

Can you pls.tell me which guest house you stayed in who can do it for you?

hi guys,

I stayed in the "Sweet Home Guesthouse" in the 258 street,they can do it for you,but as i told i did it myself;you can book a room in this guesthouse on www.hostelworld.com, in the same street are some more guesthouses.

I think no problem having tourist visas in your passport,I dont have any,because my passport is full of non-o visas and 1 year extensions;the runners for the guesthouses deliver a whole pack of passports and no questions are asked,another farang who came for a tourist visa was in and out in five minutes,he was very surprised it went so quickly,no questions or addotional documents asked,for me it took more time because i asked for a double entry.

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently been knocked back in vientiane,reason being i have 5 x 60 day tourist visa's in my passport 1 single entry from sydney and 2 double ebtry from laos,i returned to thailand and have 2 weeks stay here.

Now if i go to Cambodia would they take the 5 tourist visa's into account in issuing me a single entry visa? I only need one more 60 day visa as in febuary i have a flght booked back to sydney.

If i produce my flight ticket showing i will be leaving thailand would this go for me in the application.

Thanks nev

Im heading to PP tomorrow night for a week for a single TV - hopefully, have 2 tourist visas from Laos, although only used half of one of them (due to error on my part) am going back to the UK in march and have my flight confirmation to take with me so will let you all know how I got on in PP next weekend.

Im heading to PP tomorrow night for a week for a single TV - hopefully, have 2 tourist visas from Laos, although only used half of one of them (due to error on my part) am going back to the UK in march and have my flight confirmation to take with me so will let you all know how I got on in PP next weekend.

Cheers mate,as for only using half of one of them i was told they just count the entries granted not if you use them,i have 1 single and two double entries and on one double entry i did not activate the 2nd entry as i went back early.

good luck

Janalisa - Do you think the Guesthouse contacts could have gotten the visa for you with a next day turnaround? And you said you had to show a plane ticket - Do you mean a ticket proving you are leaving Thailand in the future(BKK out of Country)?

Much Thanks

Edited by sfokevin

good luck

I really, really hope I can pay a few $'s to get my tourist visa sorted out fast, I booked a flight for next Tuesday so I'll be applying on Wed morning, only problem is that I checked public holiday dates AFTER I booked my flight :blink: It turns out Thusday is Independance Day - public holiday! so my only 2 hopes are that I either pay $25 for the same day or $20 to collect it on the NEXT OPEN day on Friday...

Another problem, although I am actually flying back to the (y)UK in March, I don't yet have a ticket booked, has anybody got any experiences of this becoming a problem?

Thanks for ANY replies at all

Cheers mate,as for only using half of one of them i was told they just count the entries granted not if you use them,i have 1 single and two double entries and on one double entry i did not activate the 2nd entry as i went back early.

I doubt very much they count entries in Vientiane. Most likely they just count stickers and will make their decision based on which side of the bed they got out of that morning.

Everyone wants to know their exact policy. There isn't one.

I doubt very much they count entries in Vientiane. Most likely they just count stickers and will make their decision based on which side of the bed they got out of that morning.

Everyone wants to know their exact policy. There isn't one.

Mate i was told by the guy outside that does fast track visa's they have a new guy in charge he moved the goal posts and has stated they count the number of 60 day tourist visa's issued.

I am going to go back on 16th and change visa to a 3 month none immigrant visa,as i am 52 so i should be granted one? i hope i will not have any problems.

I would have tried for the 3 month none immigrant visa this trip just gone by but i arrived to find holiday in lao on thursday and embassy closed on monday kings birthday would have meant staying in lao to long,as i live only 2 hrs from the border by car i decided come back and return to try again if no success after my next 15 days i will head to cambodia.

Edited by nev

Mate i was told by the guy outside that does fast track visa's they have a new guy in charge he moved the goal posts and has stated they count the number of 60 day tourist visa's issued.

You can't trust what "the guy outside" says becdause he's scamming for visa applicants. It would be in his interest to tell people they cannot get visas on their own because they have too many already.

I want to make another point clear. Success can depend on nationality.

Once again, we have never seen hard and fast rules.

Edited by tropo

A good friend of mine (German nationality) went to Vientiane last week, applied for a double tourist visa (would have been his third in a row) and he got told that no more tourist visa for him as he was clearly illegally working in Thailand. (its not the case). Anyway, he told me that a lot of people got told this while he was there.

He went back into Thailand and got a 2 week visa exempt status on arrival and I found a Cambodian visa company for him in Poipet which is run by a former Cambodian immigration official. He was met in Aranyaprathet and they arranged the Cambodian visa for him, entered Cambodia and then arranged a double entry Thai tourist visa for him from Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh whilst he waited in Poiphet. Took 2 days and the cost was 3500 Thai Baht. This included the Thai and Cambodian visa.

The owner of the visa agency has good connections with the Thai embassy / consulate and he says he can get unlimited double tourist visas from the Thai embassy in PP. He also takes care of many of the clients of the Thai visa run companies out of Pattaya and Bangkok so by using him you cut out the middlemen.

You can't trust what "the guy outside" says becdause he's scamming for visa applicants. It would be in his interest to tell people they cannot get visas on their own because they have too many already.

I want to make another point clear. Success can depend on nationality.

Once again, we have never seen hard and fast rules.

Mate i understand your point,but he had no reason to lie as i was about to go through him for a fast track visa he started off at 5000 baht i talked him down to 4000 baht and we started to fill out the forms when he noticed this in my passport,i was quiet happy to pay this as i would have had to stay 4 nights it would ave been cheaper paying the 4,000 baht.

Tropo if i was to try for a 60 day tourist visa in lao and they knock me back can i change to a none immigrant visa at that point?

Edited by nev

Mate i understand your point,but he had no reason to lie as i was about to go through him for a fast track visa he started off at 5000 baht i talked him down to 4000 baht and we started to fill out the forms when he noticed this in my passport,i was quiet happy to pay this as i would have had to stay 4 nights it would ave been cheaper paying the 4,000 baht.

Tropo if i was to try for a 60 day tourist visa in lao and they knock me back can i change to a none immigrant visa at that point?

Sure, using those "agents" can make financial sense if you're in a bind. Time is money when you're on a visa run.

I don't believe you'll be able to score a non-immigrant visa unless you have a specific reason eg. Over 50 and going for a retirement extension or getting an extension on the basis of marriage...but even in these cases you can get the non-immigrant O from the immigration office in Thailand.

You would be better off asking Lopburi3 or Maestro about that one as they know a lot more about these things.

Sure, using those "agents" can make financial sense if you're in a bind. Time is money when you're on a visa run.

I don't believe you'll be able to score a non-immigrant visa unless you have a specific reason eg. Over 50 and going for a retirement extension or getting an extension on the basis of marriage...but even in these cases you can get the non-immigrant O from the immigration office in Thailand.

You would be better off asking Lopburi3 or Maestro about that one as they know a lot more about these things.

Thanks for that tropo i am 52 so am i entitled to a non-immigrant visa?asi am tempted to go this route not the 60 day tourist visa.

I am not ready for full time retirement,i tnd to work 3 months and 9 months here that is why i have not gome this way before.nev

Thanks for that tropo i am 52 so am i entitled to a non-immigrant visa?asi am tempted to go this route not the 60 day tourist visa.

I am not ready for full time retirement,i tnd to work 3 months and 9 months here that is why i have not gome this way before.nev

I really, really hope I can pay a few s to get my tourist visa sorted out fast, I booked a flight for next Tuesday so I'll be applying on Wed morning, only problem is that I checked public holiday dates AFTER I booked my flight :blink: It turns out Thusday is Independance Day - public holiday! so my only 2 hopes are that I either pay $25 for the same day or $20 to collect it on the NEXT OPEN day on Friday...

Another problem, although I am actually flying back to the (y)UK in March, I don't yet have a ticket booked, has anybody got any experiences of this becoming a problem?

Hi

Friday 10 December is Constitution Day a Public/Bank Holiday in Thailand, I'll be in PP applying for a visa.

There is no mention on he Embassy website of them being closed. But nothing surprises me any more.

I hope not I leave Wednesday, at worst won't be able to hand in my papers till Monday morning.

December 10 is a public holiday in Thailand to commemorate Constitution Day. The significance of the date goes back to 1932 and a time of great upheaval in Siam (the former name for Thailand) which resulted in the end of the absolute monarchy.

Being over 50 allows you to get a non-immigrant visa and extensions of stay for 1 year. No problem leaving the country every year for 3 months to work., as long as you do your extension on time in Thailand itself. You will only not be allowed to work in Thailand itself.

Basic requirements will be an income of 65,000 baht a month or 800,000 in a bank account. If you want yearly extension of stay the money will have to be in a bank acount in Thailand. There is also the option of yearly income and money in th bank totaling 800,000.

I really, really hope I can pay a few s to get my tourist visa sorted out fast, I booked a flight for next Tuesday so I'll be applying on Wed morning, only problem is that I checked public holiday dates AFTER I booked my flight :blink: It turns out Thusday is Independance Day - public holiday! so my only 2 hopes are that I either pay $25 for the same day or $20 to collect it on the NEXT OPEN day on Friday...

Hi

Friday 10 December is Constitution Day a Public/Bank Holiday in Thailand, I'll be in PP applying for a visa.

There is no mention on he Embassy website of them being closed. But nothing surprises me any more.

I hope not I leave Wednesday, at worst won't be able to hand in my papers till Monday morning.

December 10 is a public holiday in Thailand to commemorate Constitution Day. The significance of the date goes back to 1932 and a time of great upheaval in Siam (the former name for Thailand) which resulted in the end of the absolute monarchy.

Bugger...

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2501.php?&id=3820

Being retired in Thailand does not mean you can not work elsewhere. If you want to extend stay for retirement you just need to plan to be here at the same time each year for new application.

Thanks for that lopburi i will apply for the non-immigrant visa and will do what you mentioned time my trips to be here for the extensions.cheers nev

Arrived in PP earlier this week in the evening, handed 20 USD to my hotel here with my passport and a photo the next day I get my passport back with a new single TV not problems and very simple...I have 2 double TVs in my passport from Laos, and a single from Kuala Lumpur...and now a new single from PP.

I used my hotels agent as I didn't have much time - especially with the holidays this week and the average normal turn around for visas here being about 3 days

Will be heading back home next year so a single was fine for me, didn't ask for a double so not sure what the crack is with those.

Arrived in PP earlier this week in the evening, handed 20 USD to my hotel here with my passport and a photo the next day I get my passport back with a new single TV not problems and very simple...I have 2 double TVs in my passport from Laos, and a single from Kuala Lumpur...and now a new single from PP.

I used my hotels agent as I didn't have much time - especially with the holidays this week and the average normal turn around for visas here being about 3 days

Will be heading back home next year so a single was fine for me, didn't ask for a double so not sure what the crack is with those.

Yep, pretty much the same with me, gave my passport, $20 & a photo to my hotels agent at about 7pm Tuesday evening, got it abck mid afternoon the next day :)

What do they ask you for except passport and photos? Do I need to provide any kind of itenary / airticket, bankcard balance or anything else?

Seems like Phnom Penh is the place to go now. I appreciate there is always a nearby embassy or consulate taking advantage of the market when

another one is cracking down. jap.gif

nope ...well my hotel anyway needed nothing else, i did ask if they wanted a copy of my flight back to the UK etc but was not needed. if you look on-line and narrow down a few hotels you fancy ust send an email to a few and ask about their visa service - that is what I did anyway :)

oh and if anyone does go to PP via air especially remember its 20 USD to get in and 25 USD to get out...I did not know I had to pay to leave but luckily found an ATM so was ok .