Thanksgiving 2010

dekestone

I know Bourbon Street and Madrid are having their usual spreads. And many of the hotels. I believe last year Bully's Pub had a T-Day dinner as well but I don't know about this year. Any recommendations based on recent (last year's) experience?

(My last year's experience: Madrid was too crowded, Roadhouse had already finished their Thanksgiving dinner (6:00!!)so I had a chicken shwarma at the Beirut!)

Edited by dekestone

Last year I was away from Bangkok at Thanksgiving but two years ago I went to The Pan Pacific Hotel on Rama 4 and they had a very good spread. I heard that Dean & Deluca by the Chong Nonsi BTS station will be serving Thanksgiving dinner this week. I would imagine that they would do a good job.

Other ones that I know of for this year are......

1. American Chamber - 400bht - to be held on Suk Soi 11 at Zanzibar...includes Carlsberg and other drinks, etc. They say roasted pig, but no mention of Turkey specifically...hmm?

2. Big Mango - 390bht - full spread of Turkey, the works.. Suk Soi 4, at the alley where the Tavern/Jools are located.

3. Los Cabos - Suk, Soi 14 - Not sure of the price, but spoke to Rob the owner who says they have a full turkey spread on offer.

Enjoy....

I'm thinking about trying Dean & Deluca. Ate there a couple of times recently, very impressed with the quality of the food and the service, as well as the prices. They had a notice at the tables about a T-giving dinner - I forget the details but again the price was right, I thought.

They've only been open three weeks, and are in a temporary building until the Mahanakorn project is finished (2013?).

http://thegourmetfoodblog.deandeluca.com/bangkok-cafe/

Edited by SpoliaOpima

Other ones that I know of for this year are......

1. American Chamber - 400bht - to be held on Suk Soi 11 at Zanzibar...includes Carlsberg and other drinks, etc. They say roasted pig, but no mention of Turkey specifically...hmm?

2. Big Mango - 390bht - full spread of Turkey, the works.. Suk Soi 4, at the alley where the Tavern/Jools are located.

3. Los Cabos - Suk, Soi 14 - Not sure of the price, but spoke to Rob the owner who says they have a full turkey spread on offer.

Enjoy....

Saw this on facebook. Have had a few too many Mexican meals lately, so will give it a miss but it looks like a good deal.

76349_10150328412765478_875285477_15570124_545231_n.jpg

Edited by SpoliaOpima

I'm thinking about trying Dean & Deluca. Ate there a couple of times recently, very impressed with the quality of the food and the service, as well as the prices. They had a notice at the tables about a T-giving dinner - I forget the details but again the price was right, I thought.

They've only been open three weeks, and are in a temporary building until the Mahanakorn project is finished (2013?).

http://thegourmetfoo...m/bangkok-cafe/

I live right by Dean & Deluca - the place looks pretentious as hel_l but if the price is right as you say, I'll walk by on my way home to see what they have on for Thanksgiving today. But I reckon I'll wind up going to Bully's - last year it wasn't too crowded and they had a decent spread.