Berserk Frenchman Bites Chiang Mai Barman’s Ear Off

webfact

Berserk Frenchman Bites Barman’s Ear Off

A French Thai boxing enthusiast assaulted a Chiang Mai barman who he accused of having stolen his bag. In the ensuing fight, the Frenchman bit off the barman’s ear.

November 21, 2010: Yesterday, Nov20, in Chiang Mai, Morard Dowdy, (27), a French tourist who had flown from France, transiting through Bangkok and Chiang Mai Airports, en route to Pai, stayed one night in the Northern city intending to leave for Pai the following day to join a Mouy Thai (Thai boxing) camp. Being of a belligerent disposition, he became embroiled in several arguments in some of the bars he visited through the day, the last one resulting in him assaulting a bar tender in the mistaken belief that he had stolen his bag. In the ruckus that followed, the Frenchman bit of the ear of the bar tender before escaping to hide in a nearby bush where he was later discovered and taken to the Chiang Mai Police Station for further interrogation.

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-11-22

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Edited by webfact
we have removed the link as it points to the wrong article. We will post it when we have the correct link availabl

Am I correct in thinking we are reading more stories of the problems caused by some foreign Muai Thai Boxers have caused lately?

And - As a bunch, are they really as volatile as their reputations are beginning to suggest?

I'm wondering if some of these extra violent boxers are taking steroids??

If Muaythai fighters where a problem then it would be like a r3d shirt rally everyday of the week! Thailand is full of Fighters and wanna be fighters. On the most part, they are like Kittens that are extremely good at beating each other up! I've read more stories of people wanting to fly out hotel windows in Phuket then I have about Muaythai Fighters trying to harm or kill others in the last year or so.

Just sounds like a guy that wanted a piece of fight. He wasn't patient enough to arrive at the bloody camp before hand. Probably much better for everyone if he is gaoled, fined and deported to reek havoc on some other poor countries fighters.

Apparently the poor French bloke was driven mad by communication problems:

When he mentioned a pas de deux, the barman congratulated him on being father of twins and

when he replied c'est et un coup de grace the barman brought him a lawn mower

and when the French guy asked for les crudites, the barman showed him his genitals

and when he mentioned fin de siecle, the barman thought he was talking about the tail light on his bicycle

and the the last straw was when the French guy used the term esprit de corps the barman served him embalming fluid.

Notice to Barmen: Be very careful of French customer walking around with a van Gogh under his arm.

555 ! a french guy .......

The name and the surname are not french. I guess it's an immigrant from an arabian country or else. Unfortunatly, most of the time, these people have seriously need a brain. .

I don't want to generalize, but it's unfortunately the case because it's common to see this in France ...

hit before, think after ... then run to hide as a pussy ...

Apparently the poor French bloke was driven mad by communication problems:

When he mentioned a pas de deux, the barman congratulated him on being father of twins and

when he replied c'est et un coup de grace the barman brought him a lawn mower

and when the French guy asked for les crudites, the barman showed him his genitals

and when he mentioned fin de siecle, the barman thought he was talking about the tail light on his bicycle

and the the last straw was when the French guy used the term esprit de corps the barman served him embalming fluid.

Notice to Barmen: Be very careful of French customer walking around with a van Gogh under his arm.

Nice one, especially if you weren't reserving it for just such an instance as this!

"Being of a belligerent disposition, he became embroiled in several arguments in some of the bars he visited through the day, the last one resulting in him assaulting a bar tender..."

Summary: he was just an A-Hole.

I think quite large doses of steroids will produce the same effect and his all day bar fighting as a result

If it's not the Yanks, ... or the Aussies ... or the Brits, then it's the French. :rolleyes:

And then there's you.

Actually, I fit in the Aussie category.

I could have thrown in a few other nationalities, but just doing some <insert country here> bashing. :whistling:

The name and the surname are not french. I guess it's an immigrant from an arabian country or else. Unfortunatly, most of the time, these people have seriously need a brain. .

I don't want to generalize, but it's unfortunately the case because it's common to see this in France ...

I thought I'd noticed an unusually high number of 1-eared bartenders the last time I was in Paris.

Another Muay Thai tosser that can't fight and has to resort to biting like a big girl. Lets hope they throw him in jail for a while so he can see just how hard he is and then deport him with a black listing to boot.

:sorry:

Apologies to those that genuinely come to learn the noble art of Muay Thai but it does seem to attract a lot of tossers lately.

I can remember the days when ever self styled "hard man" was an expert at Ju Jitsu, then it became Judo, Then Karate became the fashion, now it is becoming Muay Thai .

Except for the genuine students none would stand a chance against a real street figher, but then a genuine student would not go around picking fights.

Yeah, he is not a true french. A true french would never do that...

He is most probably born in France, like 90 pcent of "immigrants" his parents or maybe even his grand parents lived, worked and died in France.

But no, no, don't you go thinking he is actually french, "these people" are still "immigrants" that the like of Oneyed hopes one day to get rid of, and if possible, by throwing them in the mediterranean sea. With a 1 ton rock attached to the ankle.

Couillon va.