Drunk Hit-And-Run Driver Caught After Police Chase In Pattaya

Rimmer

Drunk hit-and-run driver caught after police chase in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A hit-and-run driver tried to escape from a police pursuit after an accident with a motorcyclist and was eventually caught outside a Central Pattaya fast-food restaurant.

Pattaya, 22 November 2010, [PDN]: A drunk hit-and-run driver collided with a motorbike in the early hours of this morning, causing the young motorcyclist extensive injuries. Police were alerted and managed to identify the offending vehicle and gave chase.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-11-22

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

it really seems those drivers dont want to take their responsibilities in escaping like this. Or is it so easy to vanish in the air without being prosecuted by the police ? It happen to often on my opinion. But they should know that with the plate of their car or truck its easy to find them no ? :angry:

it really seems those drivers dont want to take their responsibilities in escaping like this. Or is it so easy to vanish in the air without being prosecuted by the police ? It happen to often on my opinion. But they should know that with the plate of their car or truck its easy to find them no ? :angry:

Huh !

Firstly the report states the driver was drunk, I'm sure his alcohol mangled brain did not even consider responsibility, assuming he was not that drunk I should think the reason he sped away was due to the gun he had in the vehicle.

Most people do not want to take responsibility for their actions, that is true but it applies to everything in life not just when causing accidents.

Motorcyclists extensively injured are unlikely to have read let alone memorised a vehicle registration number. I don't see anything in the report that a registration number was taken as I guess is the case in most hit and run incidents so likelyhood of being caught is probably quite low. I suspect the reason police spotted him was that the vehicle was red, had it of been like most pickups in Thailand black or silver they wouldnt have known which one to chase.

And yes it probably is easy to " vanish in the air " as police are not everywhere especially not in the early hours of the morning.