How Much Rice Can You Eat!

nellyp

i have seen this on here before but can't find it on the search function. How much rice would a person eat per week/month/year.

I'm trying to figure out how much rice to set aside for the familie's use before thinking about selling what's left

i totally get why you are asking, but that is such a strange question :) i tried a google search and i get "How much rice does the average chinese person eat per day?". that made me giggle because it's such a silly question.

anyway, yeah, go with what google tells you. according to answers.com, if you have any ancestry from Burma, you might require an extra stash.

the family would know best how much rice is needed for the family... we are two people and we eat about 25 kilo a month and we dont eat every day, and not all meals, but always rice... we have sticky rice for saturday field trips.... thai families feed not jus the immediate family but everyone who shows up...

wow there is a massive difference between the 2 figures quoted. I would think that 55 gr per meal would seem enough for a meal, but that ain't the way it's made. Too much in the pot and left overs go to the dogs, the neighbours dogs, the chickens et al. I still think that the 25 kilos for 2 may be a bit much. Thnks to you for the help though I am still none the wiser. I think that I will keep the rice elsewhere though as it seems to be too much of an exchange tool not to know what is happenning with it.

Cheers

Neil