Chonburi Bird Farm

Putu94

I called them before on the number in the website, the guy sounds very know what he is doing. so i assumed they r good.

but i didnt go to visit them coz i got my macaw from a guy that was looking for a new home for his bird. :)

anyway now im a bird hunting again, looking for a Scarlet macaw to be my bird gentleman friend :P

Hi little_muppet Beginning next year I will try to find this farm and will make a Video About my question mark ?

Palm Cockatoo ( Probosciger aterrimus ) it is difficult to believe he has this bird for sale(or very expensive,) this bird has one egg every 2 years, breeding is a other problem,

because they start breeding after 28 years.Anyhow it is the "father" of all Parrots rolleyes.gif

Probably you know as parrot lover but here some tips.

When you take a "friend" for your Macaw he will give his attention to him/her. ( and you will get less attention)

They can have a lot of affection to you but then it will change.

A young bird you can feed by yourself , I mean the same as in nature , from your mouth to his beak ( he/she will have/get the instinct that you are his "mam/dad") whistling.gif

And not forget, this can be done till over 9 months, they getting very tame, and always stay with you, even you can let them in the free flight.

They never will misuse there big powerful Beak.

Also ( maybe a pity) you will never hear anymore the traditional sound of this parrot (they are happy)

Beware if you ever see that they get red/rose cheek , they will attack . unsure.gif

Never give Avocado / Mango or peanuts

They love Almonds/walnuts/hazelnuts/brazil nuts/American walnut.You want to know more ? let me know.

Cheers

Our "Jazzie" , 60 days DSC00426.JPG

ohhh why not peanut? not even mango? for avocado and chocolate i know.

i was worry about my girl will love me less when she got her bf lol.and i believe bird are live with a mate that why we going to find her a mate.

my bird hardly make an annoying noise unless she is damand for attention (spoil child hehehe ) .

Lucy is my first parrot and she really loves me. i hope if we get her a bf he will be easy to handle like lucy too :)

and yes u seem to know alot about them im still pretty new for bird, i will have more question for u again for sure if u dont mind :)

Hi little_muppet

Here some answers ( sorry by the way when i have some language mistakes)sad.gif

I was lucky to have been involved with the training of birds in Bali Bird Park.

Long time ago (In Australia) i had my own Aviary

And more you can find here:

http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry4008926

Mango is Toxic to Macaws/ Peanuts have fungi ( fresh peanuts)

You can give hard Dog food /carrot / lettuce/ spinach/nettle tops/corn

wheat / brown bread and the yellow of the raw egg.

With banana and tomato be careful ( too much moisture)

Animal proteins are also necessary, ( in nature the eat the carcasses of their own species)

Try every to give branches, twigs of fruit are good

They need a shower every day, to spray with a bottle will do.

And give them toys ( to destroy whistling.giflaugh.gif they love it, I ' m shore you can find some rope ( Sisal)

Let them play and run, and some sunlight for the color of their feathers.

As you see a lot of work sometimes even more then our children but it is a lot of fun and happiness

be free to ask what you like to know.

Cheers

Hi little_muppet

Here some answers ( sorry by the way when i have some language mistakes)sad.gif

I was lucky to have been involved with the training of birds in Bali Bird Park.

Long time ago (In Australia) i had my own Aviary

And more you can find here:

http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry4008926

Mango is Toxic to Macaws/ Peanuts have fungi ( fresh peanuts)

You can give hard Dog food /carrot / lettuce/ spinach/nettle tops/corn

wheat / brown bread and the yellow of the raw egg.

With banana and tomato be careful ( too much moisture)

Animal proteins are also necessary, ( in nature the eat the carcasses of their own species)

Try every to give branches, twigs of fruit are good

They need a shower every day, to spray with a bottle will do.

And give them toys ( to destroy whistling.giflaugh.gif they love it, I ' m shore you can find some rope ( Sisal)

Let them play and run, and some sunlight for the color of their feathers.

As you see a lot of work sometimes even more then our children but it is a lot of fun and happiness

be free to ask what you like to know.

Cheers

Ohh thnaks, i give my bird banana everyday in her fruit bowl tomatoes too and variety of vetgetable (mainly tomato and banana ) now i will have to change.

on the food bowl, she has mixed sunflower seeds,some bird hard food (smell fruity and colourful) and about 5 of monkey peanuts(she loves to break the shell).

I was going to let her try the mango but luckily u told me first!!so skip that idea lol.

she has her own aviary too, toys in there and i take her out sometimes to walk around in the garden or play in thr house.

i shower her about once a week with the water spray .

i had finished reading 2 parrots books but seem like i still have to learn more about it.

Thank you alot, it nice to know someone that know alot about bird, i want her to be with me till i die :P lol

i have attached some more pics of her. the aviary picture is quite awhile , now there is more toys in there for he already to chew and destroy...lol she even peel out the paint we draw for her room lol.

post-26308-0-42311900-1290591798_thumb.j

post-26308-0-93659500-1290591810_thumb.j

post-26308-0-47367200-1290591823_thumb.j

Edited by little_muppet