American Football

ChuckZ

Alright I nearly blew a gasket...(did scare some college kids right next to me)

I got screwed up thinking that the NFC Championship was on this early Sunday morning when it fact it will be on Monday morning at 6:30 am thai time. Having the Seahawks game last Sunday morning 4:30 AM screwed me up royally

06:30 National Football League 2005 039: NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: CAROLINA @ SEATTLE (23-JAN-2006) UBC Super SPorts

the AFC game will be on ESPN at 3 am

but im a lifelong Seattle fan and I could care less about the AFC right now.

GO SEAHAWKS

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's ESPN to cover all your needs, basketball, NFL, hockey, you name it.

I forget how much it is to install but I always go to a bar.

NOT in Thailand!! They haven't shown NHL games here for years. Some NFL games are shown on ESPN and some on SuperSport.

Good luck to all you guys who have teams in the big games this weekend.

Steelers beat the colts like a rented mule!

5250628_7_2.jpg

It's time to hop on the Bus! :o

next stop Denver

]

I stand corrected, I guess the steelers do want it more than the colts do. Missed the game and most of this week (in hospotal), what was that whole ref botched call things about?

The Hawks defense played probably the best game in Seahawks fanchise history today. I'm quite emotional and speechless right now :o SEAHAWKS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

btw, Zenith Hotel In Soi Sukumvit 3 (North Nana) have a superbowl breakfast deal for 250 baht.

Super Bowl Breakfast 2006 event on 6th February,2006

ticket cost 250 ฿ include breakfast

contact hotel : 29 Sukhumvit Soi 3 (Nana Nua), Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Telephone: (66)-2-655-4999

Facsimile: (66)-2-655-4940

E-mail: [email protected]

[email protected]

Steelers beat the colts like a rented mule!

5250628_7_2.jpg

It's time to hop on the Bus! :o

next stop Denver

]

I stand corrected, I guess the steelers do want it more than the colts do. Missed the game and most of this week (in hospotal), what was that whole ref botched call things about?

Troy Polumalo the steelers safety intercepted a pass which would have given the ball back to the steelers and they could have ran out the clock. the ref over turn the interception call which was clear to everyone in the free world except the ref. It could have potentially cost the steelers the game.

The NFL apologise later for the bad call.

929A2B705262BAD54D525AB0EA7429CC.jpg

Showdown Feb 5th Detroit. Congrats to the Seahawks for making there !st appearance to the

big dance.

The Bus is making his trip home, I just hope he goes out a winner.

PKG

Well, guys, unless you are a fan of the Steelers or the Seahawks, these 2 games gave us the most boring Conference Championship Sunday in recent memory. These 2 games are usually the best of the playoffs. A couple of real duds here for "neutral" footfall fans.

I hope for more out of the Super Bowl. I think the Seahawks have more on offense, and the Steelers more on defense. The Seahawks offense has excellent balance, with the running of Alexander, and the passing game of Hasselbeck.

I believe the Seattle defense can limit the Steelers offense. Take away the outside running options for Willie Parker, and the inside when Bettis is in the game, and you neutralize the Steelers running game. Roethlisberger will be the key. He's looked terrific in the last few weeks, using all of his receivers very well.

I expect a good game. I see the Seahawks winning it, 27-24.

Well, guys, unless you are a fan of the Steelers or the Seahawks, these 2 games gave us the most boring Conference Championship Sunday in recent memory. These 2 games are usually the best of the playoffs. A couple of real duds here for "neutral" footfall fans.

I hope for more out of the Super Bowl. I think the Seahawks have more on offense, and the Steelers more on defense. The Seahawks offense has excellent balance, with the running of Alexander, and the passing game of Hasselbeck.

I believe the Seattle defense can limit the Steelers offense. Take away the outside running options for Willie Parker, and the inside when Bettis is in the game, and you neutralize the Steelers running game. Roethlisberger will be the key. He's looked terrific in the last few weeks, using all of his receivers very well.

I expect a good game. I see the Seahawks winning it, 27-24.

Pats

You disappoint me. You should atleast be cheering for the AFC.

C'mon it not to late to hop on the BUS.

I hope everybody pic's seattle, the steelers play better with a chip on there shoulder.

PKG

Pats

You disappoint me. You should atleast be cheering for the AFC.

C'mon it not to late to hop on the BUS.

I hope everybody pic's seattle, the steelers play better with a chip on there shoulder.

PKG

My problem with the Steelers is that every time we beat them they came up with excuses; NEVER giving credit to the Patriots, and acknowledging that the best team, at least on that day, won. :D

I respect Bettis, and, on that single personal level, I'd like to see him go out a winner. But I have no respect for the rest of the team, or for most of the fans. Remember the wailing in 2001 when so many Steeler fans had already booked hotel rooms, and bought Super Bowl tickets, then had to sell them off when we beat them in the AFC Championship? :o

Every time we've faced them in the playoffs this decade, we've beaten them. But never have they shown good sportsmanship. :D

GO SEAHAWKS!! :D

well, Las Vegas pick the steelers as a favorite going in base on the fact that number#6 steelers win 3 playoff games on the road to get to the Superbowl. I think steelers have the upper hand going in but that doesn't mean much when it come to the gameday. It is actually kindna weird for the Hawks to get the national media attention :o

My problem with the Steelers is that every time we beat them they came up with excuses; NEVER giving credit to the Patriots, and acknowledging that the best team, at least on that day, won. :D

But I have no respect for the rest of the team, or for most of the fans. Remember the wailing in 2001 when so many Steeler fans had already booked hotel rooms, and bought Super Bowl tickets, then had to sell them off when we beat them in the AFC Championship? :o

Every time we've faced them in the playoffs this decade, we've beaten them. But never have they shown good sportsmanship. :D

Pats

It's time to let go of those bad feelings. You have to move on and get over it. It's time to hop on the Bus. :D Besides there are 2 sides to every story and I am sure the majority of the steelers and fans acknowledge that the Patriots were the better team.

I think a lot of bad press gets made up because alot of the steeler fan base will travel to see there team play and there presents on another teams home field kinda make the people mad .

I was at the greenbay / steeler game at Lambeau and there was 22,000 plus steeler fans there and I can tell you that the people of greenbay are still complaining about that to this day. Alot are talking trash about steeler fans but the fact of the matter is of the 22 people arrested that day, 18 were from greenbay and 4 were from california.

There's good and bad with every team and the fans.

enough rambling, watch and enjoy the game.

PKG :D

LV line has Steelers as the favorite – not sure if that is good news or not.

For me I have to pull for the Seahawks cause they are from the NFC.

I think the Seahawks will only get they respect they deserve by winning the Superbowl. They were overlooked pretty much all year (not a lot of press coverage), especially Mr. Alexander.

Almost want to pull for the Bus, but to be honest he did not impress that much in the last game, and I think the Seahawks have a much better defense than the Broncos. I think the first quarter will turn out to be the key to the game. In the past two weeks the Steelers have gone out on top by a couple of scores, which changed the dynamics of the games – give credit to the Steelers as they did play to get those leads. Of course without that lead the referees certainly would have given the Colts the game. Seattle needs to stop the opening drive to make sure the tone of the Superbowl is different than the past couple of games.

At a minimum I hope for a good close game, and not another Superbowl blow-out (I want to save those for when my Skins return to the Superbowl).

Pats

It's time to let go of those bad feelings. You have to move on and get over it. It's time to hop on the Bus. :o Besides there are 2 sides to every story and I am sure the majority of the steelers and fans acknowledge that the Patriots were the better team.

I think a lot of bad press gets made up because alot of the steeler fan base will travel to see there team play and there presents on another teams home field kinda make the people mad .

I was at the greenbay / steeler game at Lambeau and there was 22,000 plus steeler fans there and I can tell you that the people of greenbay are still complaining about that to this day. Alot are talking trash about steeler fans but the fact of the matter is of the 22 people arrested that day, 18 were from greenbay and 4 were from california.

There's good and bad with every team and the fans.

enough rambling, watch and enjoy the game.

PKG :D

Believe me, PKG, I'm very familiar with the "majority of fans" situation. The most obvious example are the Raiders fans. My description of that fan base is this: Not all Raider fans are hoodlums; but nearly all hoodlums are Raider fans! It's just the "personality" that they draw.

The same is certainly true in New England. There is a percentage of jerks in the stands there that are among the most obnoxious in the NFL. Idiots! Sports should be about having fun, not looking for fights.

As for the Steelers and their fans, I agree with the "majority" point you made. However, the number of players and fans who refused to credit the Patriots each time we beat them - not just once - was too large for me to ever support them.

I'm sticking with the Seahawks for this one! :D

George

One more weeks to go before my Seahawks plays for the Superbowl :o Go Seahawks!!!

Danbkk

I live near Greenbay and have always like Homgren and Hasselbeck as there were both Packers(my #2 team) But I was born and raised in Pittsburgh so I can not cross the line and root for the Hawks.

Go Steelers

one for the thumb

PKG

I'm a Bengals fan always root for the AFC in the SB. I'm maing an exception this year and pulling for the Seahawks. It was only a few years ago that they jumped from the AFC to the NFC anyway.

I think the #1 NFC offense will rule over the # 3 AFC defense.

One more weeks to go before my Seahawks plays for the Superbowl :o Go Seahawks!!!

Danbkk

I live near Greenbay and have always like Homgren and Hasselbeck as there were both Packers(my #2 team) But I was born and raised in Pittsburgh so I can not cross the line and root for the Hawks.

Go Steelers

one for the thumb

PKG

Danbkk

Go Steelers

one for the thumb

PKG

Sorry for my blank post....

PKG, I have to side with you. Being a midwesterner and a Detroiter, I've got to go with the Steelers. They are one of the long tradition NFL teams and have a certain blue collar image. Of course my Lions seem to only have a tradition for losing...

The Seahawks are in the SB because they have a fantastic owner. Paul Allen is one of the Top 10 richest men in the world and that's what it takes for a small market team to compete with the likes of the New York teams. Sure the Steelers have history on their side but the Seahawks just might be ready to start making a little history of their own.

They both have 4 common opponents this year and the most significant is that both teams lost to Jacksonville. But both also beat Indianapolis.

If it comes down to a field goal from beyond 45+ ... this game is going to the Seahawks.

Edited by Storekeeper

The Seahawks are in the SB because they have a fantastic owner. Paul Allen is one of the Top 10 richest men in the world and that's what it takes for a small market team to compete with the likes of the New York teams. Sure the Steelers have history on their side but the Seahawks just might be ready to start making a little history of their own.

They both have 4 common opponents this year and the most significant is that both teams lost to Jacksonville. But both also beat Indianapolis.

If it comes down to a field goal from beyond 45+ ... this game is going to the Seahawks.

True, the Steelers may have history on their sides. However, the Seahawks have destiny on their side :D Not to mention Lady Luck as seen in the Giant games. Actually one of the local blogers in Seattle predicts 2 very interesting outcomes. The first one is the Steelers blowout and the second one that Seattle win and go on and create the Seahawks dynasty for the next 5 years. Go figure!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!! :D:D:o

the thai gf informed that the superbowl was on a 6 on monday. she saw her first football game Big time college, in november. she was hooked. this is the most watched sporting event in the world. that one's for all the soccer fans.

Notthing wrong with being fan of both. I'm a full time Seahaks fan :o and a semi-regular soccer watcher

the thai gf informed that the superbowl was on a 6 on monday. she saw her first football game Big time college, in november. she was hooked. this is the most watched sporting event in the world. that one's for all the soccer fans.

I'll let you in on a widely known fact. The World Cup Final of football is the most watched sporting event in the world. It's not even close, but that's not really surprising.

For tonights game, i think it will be closer than the bookmakers are pricing it up, but i fancy Pittsburgh to win and will probably wait to see if i can get a good price on them in-running.