American Football

ChuckZ

anyone going for the nlf playoff

Romo had a rough day........

and always will when the pressure is on.

The guy comes from a small time college program where he also would choke in pressure situations, and gets tunnel vision when under the gun.

Cowboys need to draft or trade for a bigtime QB.

GO BOLTS ! GO EAGLES ! (Bolts because my Faders are out, Eagles because I'm holding an 8-1 Vegas ticket for them to be NFC Champs)

So what is your opinion of Jamarcus? So you don't think this is a comeback on your Romo comment, I like Russell and think that he will do fine with some experience. For a lot of these guys, despite major talent, self confidence only comes with playing experience at the NFL level.

BTW, if your comment on Romo choking at the college level were true, Payton wouldn't have gone after Romo before he went after Brees.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, I just don't think Romo has "it". Proof in the pudding is Parcells calling it quits after that ball went through Romo's hands. Parcells heads elsewhere, walla, 1-15 to division winner, Dallas perrenial playoff team, out.

Jamarcus will be fine as soon as the old looney Davis stops meddling. Talk about the need for some real coaching, hel_l, I'll take that Dallas staff in Oakland.

BTW-the coaches are on the sidelines.........................

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patsfangr-you ever hear back from Truevisions regarding the Saturday games?

Schedule still only has Sunday.

Nope. No response at all. We may be out of luck. Since I didn't buy the NFL Game Pass package for the Playoffs, I guess I'll just have to read about them in the morning.

anyone going for the nlf playoff

Romo had a rough day........

and always will when the pressure is on.

The guy comes from a small time college program where he also would choke in pressure situations, and gets tunnel vision when under the gun.

Cowboys need to draft or trade for a bigtime QB.

GO BOLTS ! GO EAGLES ! (Bolts because my Faders are out, Eagles because I'm holding an 8-1 Vegas ticket for them to be NFC Champs)

So what is your opinion of Jamarcus? So you don't think this is a comeback on your Romo comment, I like Russell and think that he will do fine with some experience. For a lot of these guys, despite major talent, self confidence only comes with playing experience at the NFL level.

BTW, if your comment on Romo choking at the college level were true, Payton wouldn't have gone after Romo before he went after Brees.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, I just don't think Romo has "it". Proof in the pudding is Parcells calling it quits after that ball went through Romo's hands. Parcells heads elsewhere, walla, 1-15 to division winner, Dallas perrenial playoff team, out.

I don't think Romo is the best that ever lived and I also don't think he is better than Brady, but he is good enough to win a SB. Teams have won SB's with a lot less at QB than Romo, for sure. This isn't a one position game.

Parcels comment to Romo once he had left was to tell Romo not to let good enough be good enough. Parcels leaving Dallas had absolutely nothing to do with Romo. Zero. It had to do with the guy who likes to stand on the sidelines. In Miami Parcels got complete control and was able to take the last of Dallas' skilled coaching staff with him (i.e. Tony Sparano).

I don't think Romo is the best that ever lived and I also don't think he is better than Brady, but he is good enough to win a SB. Teams have won SB's with a lot less at QB than Romo, for sure. This isn't a one position game.

Parcels comment to Romo once he had left was to tell Romo not to let good enough be good enough. Parcels leaving Dallas had absolutely nothing to do with Romo. Zero. It had to do with the guy who likes to stand on the sidelines. In Miami Parcels got complete control and was able to take the last of Dallas' skilled coaching staff with him (i.e. Tony Sparano).

I agree with you, on all counts, OMR. Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer come immediately to mind as QBs who were well below Romo's level of talent, and won SBs.

You're also right about Parcels reason for leaving. When the news first came out that he was going to Dallas, most people were shocked, and predicted a short stay. There is no room for two massive egos to coexist for long at the head of a football team. That had already been proven with the Jones - Johnson combination; which really stretched the limit, lasting as long as it did. Jerry Jones has driven out two of the best Head Coaches in the history of the game. He's an egotistical, self-centered, selfish, greedy, JERK! (And that's my "gentle" description of him!) :-)

Romo is definitely good enough to lead a solid team to the Super Bowl. The Cowboys were good enough to get there this year, if they had high quality coaching. I've pointed out faults with him before, so I won't repeat all that again. But every QB, including Brady, has faults. Romo has definitely got all the talent he needs to win a championship.

Wade Phillips is a total dud as a HC. He's OK as a DC, but that's his ceiling. If Jones is dumb enought to keep Phillips there next year, he'll come up short again. But, as long as Bum's idiot son doesn't just does what Jerry the Jenius tells him to do, and keeps the team playing well enough to make lots and lots of money, he'll probably keep his job. Jones doesn't want another guy in there who will actually try to run HIS football team!

I don't think Romo is the best that ever lived

I agree with you, on all counts, OMR. Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer come immediately to mind as QBs who were well below Romo's level of talent, and won SBs.

Regarding winning Super Bowls, it seems (recently anyway) it's the team that really gets rolling at the end of the season.

Cowboys looked like they could do it in the beginning of the season, but then their running backs went down, the guys sort of started wanking at each other and the wheels came off for sure in Philly.

Last year in the end the Giants were on fire.

I think the teams with the mojo now are San Diego and Philly (excuse the Washington debacle). I'll be surprised if the Giants can put it back together, recently they just haven't looked that good.

You guys are right regarding QB's, defense wins championships.

I don't think Romo is the best that ever lived

Regarding winning Super Bowls, it seems (recently anyway) it's the team that really gets rolling at the end of the season.

Cowboys looked like they could do it in the beginning of the season, but then their running backs went down, the guys sort of started wanking at each other and the wheels came off for sure in Philly.

Last year in the end the Giants were on fire.

I think the teams with the mojo now are San Diego and Philly (excuse the Washington debacle). I'll be surprised if the Giants can put it back together, recently they just haven't looked that good.

You guys are right regarding QB's, defense wins championships.

You may have heard it before; but I'll tell you that Bill Belichick has always told his team that the season really begins after Thanksgiving. That's his point. Just stay in the running until then. The real Playoff push happens over the last 6 weeks or so.

Here's the response I got from TrueVisions regarding the NFL Playoff Schedule:

"Dear Khun George,

Please see the schedule of NFL this week 05/01/09. The match for 04/01/09, Truevisions has no license to broadcast the match. We really apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Anyway, thank you for your comment and useful information. We will pass it to the authorized party for a further information and any actions. We really apologize for it once again and please be informed that we understand you. We really appreciate for your patience and we accept that we sometime are unable to serve on every requiring. When we get a further information, we will announce it once again.

We are so grateful for your trust in our service and support us all time. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]"

So, we will be getting ONLY the games played on Sunday in the USA. Those two games are on CBS and FOX. The two Saturday games will be broadcast in the USA by NBC, which broadcasts the Monday Night games. Apparently, thats the licensing problem. TrueVisions does not have a license with either ESPN or NBC, which broadcast the night games we no longer get here.

Now, there is some potentially GOOD news for next week. The Divisional Round games will be on CBS and FOX on both Saturday and Sunday - one game for each network, each day. So we MAY get all four of them.

Likewise, the Conference Championship games on Sunday, January 16, are on CBS and FOX. So we shold get both of those games.

The Super Bowl is on NBC this year; but I feel reasonably confident that it will be a separate licensing deal. I'd be very, very surprised if that is not on TrueVisions.

Not perfect. But it could be worse. I'm thinking that the only games that TrueVisions will NOT carry are the two games played this Sunday in the USA.

"Dear Khun George,

Thanks for the info patsfangr.

Bummed I missed the Chargers-Colts game.Just finished watching the crappy NFl.com screen of the game, looked like it would have been an exciting game to watch. I was stoked when Sproles busted off that run for the game winner.

Next up is a tough one for them if LT isn't playing, that's for sure. Both Tennessee and Pittsburgh have excellent D.

"Dear Khun George,

Please see the schedule of NFL this week 05/01/09. The match for 04/01/09, Truevisions has no license to broadcast the match. We really apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Anyway, thank you for your comment and useful information. We will pass it to the authorized party for a further information and any actions. We really apologize for it once again and please be informed that we understand you. We really appreciate for your patience and we accept that we sometime are unable to serve on every requiring. When we get a further information, we will announce it once again.

We are so grateful for your trust in our service and support us all time. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]"

So, we will be getting ONLY the games played on Sunday in the USA. Those two games are on CBS and FOX. The two Saturday games will be broadcast in the USA by NBC, which broadcasts the Monday Night games. Apparently, thats the licensing problem. TrueVisions does not have a license with either ESPN or NBC, which broadcast the night games we no longer get here.

Now, there is some potentially GOOD news for next week. The Divisional Round games will be on CBS and FOX on both Saturday and Sunday - one game for each network, each day. So we MAY get all four of them.

Likewise, the Conference Championship games on Sunday, January 16, are on CBS and FOX. So we shold get both of those games.

The Super Bowl is on NBC this year; but I feel reasonably confident that it will be a separate licensing deal. I'd be very, very surprised if that is not on TrueVisions.

Not perfect. But it could be worse. I'm thinking that the only games that TrueVisions will NOT carry are the two games played this Sunday in the USA.

Patsfangr, if Arsenal was playing Chelsea, True would have found a way to televise it.

I know you have been touting NFL Game Pass, but the fact is that I have a TrueVisions Platinum account and for the same price I now get less American football than I did last year and previous years. I am locked into True because I have bought their PVR and besides my wife and kid who don't care about American football are happy with their programs.

I will be talking to them on and off during this year about 2009 American football, but it would be helpful to better understand this license arrangement they keep talking about. If, at the end of the day this is really beyond True's control, then OK, I can live with it, but right now it sounds to me like a kiss off.

If anyone does know more about this license agreement, please either post it here or PM me.

Edited by Old Man River

"Dear Khun George,

Patsfangr, if Arsenal was playing Chelsea, True would have found a way to televise it.

I know you have been touting NFL Game Pass, but the fact is that I have a TrueVisions Platinum account and for the same price I now get less American football than I did last year and previous years. I am locked into True because I have bought their PVR and besides my wife and kid who don't care about American football are happy with their programs.

I will be talking to them on and off during this year about 2009 American football, but it would be helpful to better understand this license arrangement they keep talking about. If, at the end of the day this is really beyond True's control, then OK, I can live with it, but right now it sounds to me like a kiss off.

If anyone does know more about this license agreement, please either post it here or PM me.

It's total BS. fellas. They just didn't want to pay for the rights to air the games. 'License agreement'....yeah, they don't have one because they didn't pay for one. It's that simple. They could have.

And they've got the same schedule set up for next weekend as well, to air just the two games played on Sunday in the States. Can you believe that? Gutting half the Wild Card round and Divisional Playoff round?

What a farce. Guess they figure the audience demand for them isn't worth what they'd have to pay for the games, or don't want to pay whatver the freight is, and that they can weather the complaints, try to smooth them over with this BS-type response.

A couple of good games, from the wraps I read. Have to say I'm surprised the Cards are movin' on. I thought the Colts-Chargers game going in was a tossup, Indy just doesn't run the ball well enough this year, but still they were on a such a roll.....it would have been a great game to watch.

Tomorrow, even though the Ravens come in with a rookie head coach and QB, as did the Falcons--and when is the last time, besides these two teams, for a rookie head coach and rookie QB took a team to the playoffs?--I just think the Ray Lewis-led Ravens defense gets it done against the Dolphins. And I'll be shocked if the Eagles don't take out the Vikes, it should be one-and-done for Minnesota this season.

If the Saturday games next week are not aired, it means we miss the games hosted by the Titans and Panthers. At least we would get the Eagles--should they win tomorrow they'll play Giants--in one of the Sunday games. That'll be a good one!

Edited by rwilem

"Dear Khun George,

Thanks for the info patsfangr.

Bummed I missed the Chargers-Colts game.Just finished watching the crappy NFl.com screen of the game, looked like it would have been an exciting game to watch. I was stoked when Sproles busted off that run for the game winner.

Next up is a tough one for them if LT isn't playing, that's for sure. Both Tennessee and Pittsburgh have excellent D.

Being the hopeless NFL addict that I am, I did watch both games, using a free "streaming" site. Quality is less than broadcast, but still OK to watch. (I missed most of the 3rd Q in the Cards/Falcons game, because my electricity "hicupped", and it appeared to knock down the C.A.T. signal for a while. It came back in time for nearly all of the 4th Q though. Good game to watch!

I was more interested in the Chargers/Colts game ... for "negative" reasons. I HATE THE COLTS! I expected them to win; and was overjoyed with their defeat! I was really pissed when they "stole" that TD to go ahead, 17-14, with that pansy "quick snap". Sure, the Chargers' D was inexcusably asleep during their attempt to substitute players. Still, for an "old school" dude like, quick snapping them is "playing like a girl"! This is FOOTBALL; not some freaking video game!

Now, however, I will be rooting against the Chargers. The Patriots have the Chargers' Round 2 Draft pick; and I do NOT want to see the Chargers get to the Super Bowl, and drop that pick all the way down to #31 or #32.

We'll see what we get from TrueVisions next week; but, as I said, since all 4 games are on CBS and FOX, I THINK we'll get them all!

It's total BS. fellas. They just didn't want to pay for the rights to air the games. 'License agreement'....yeah, they don't have one because they didn't pay for one. It's that simple. They could have.

And they've got the same schedule set up for next weekend as well, to air just the two games played on Sunday in the States. Can you believe that? Gutting half the Wild Card round and Divisional Playoff round?

What a farce. Guess they figure the audience demand for them isn't worth what they'd have to pay for the games, or don't want to pay whatver the freight is, and that they can weather the complaints, try to smooth them over with this BS-type response.

A couple of good games, from the wraps I read. Have to say I'm surprised the Cards are movin' on. I thought the Colts-Chargers game going in was a tossup, Indy just doesn't run the ball well enough this year, but still they were on a such a roll.....it would have been a great game to watch.

Tomorrow, even though the Ravens come in with a rookie head coach and QB, as did the Falcons--and when is the last time, besides these two teams, for a rookie head coach and rookie QB took a team to the playoffs?--I just think the Ray Lewis-led Ravens defense gets it done against the Dolphins. And I'll be shocked if the Eagles don't take out the Vikes, it should be one-and-done for Minnesota this season.

If the Saturday games next week are not aired, it means we miss the games hosted by the Titans and Panthers. At least we would get the Eagles--should they win tomorrow they'll play Giants--in one of the Sunday games. That'll be a good one!

I think rwilem is completely correct regarding the "rights/licensing" issue. TrueVisions simply made a business decision NOT to pay for the rights that would have allowed them to broadcast all of the game available for international broadcast; both during the regular season (no Sunday or Monday night games), and for the Playoffs. I would respectfully suggest that every NFL fan who is reading this thread, and has NOT written to TrueVisions with a polite, but enthusiastic, request for more games, is partly responsible for that. These people DO read our emails; they DO respond to those emails; and they DO pass them along to higher authorities. I know this for a fact, from the responses I've received from them, and two that I received from "higher authorities", after they were passed up the ladder. If we want more games, guys, we have to make our voices heard; and convince TrueVisions management that there is a significant demand out here. OK, rant over. Back to the current situation.

I have NOT given up hope that we'll get all 4 games next week. As I said in my initial summary of the situation, I'm guessing (that's all it is) that 'TV' has the rights to ALL games broadcast by CBS and FOX. Those are the games we've been getting throughout the season. During the Reg Season, the Sunday Night games are on ESPN; and the Monday Night games are on NBC. We didn't get any of those. The two games just played on Saturday were on NBC; while the 2 on Sunday (which we'll get tonight), are on CBS and FOX. Next week ALL FOUR GAMES ARE ON CBS AND FOX. That's why I think we may get them all. We'll see.

In any case, OMR says he'll be talking to 'TV' during the off-season. I ask, again, that every one of you who wants to see more NFL on TrueVisions next year does the same. Just take a few minutes, and, in your own words, convince them that you, and MANY FRIENDS, are disappointed at the minimal broadcasts we received this season. Ask them to please consider adding a full schedule of games next year, with licensing agreements from ABC, CBS, NBC, and ESPN. We SHOULD be able to get 4 games each week - 2 from Sunday afternoon (US); 1 from Sunday night; and 1 from Monday night. That's what we had last year (after the 'GOAL TV' arrangement), and the year before. Let's convince them that there are enough of us out here to justify their expense.

By the way, I am mystified by their missed opportunity to get some advertising to fill the commercial breaks in the US broadcasts. I'm going to mention that to them also. Right now, the NFL broadcasts are not contributing much, if anything, to the 'TV' revenue. There MUST be some businesses here, American owned and others, who'd like to have some ads during those games. And what about at halftime? TrueVisions actually has a 30-minute THAI program that reviews NFL games! If there's enough interest among Thais to do that, surely there's enough reason to seek advertising revenue during the games. I think they really are missing a solid business opportunity here!

That is what I think as well, but unless I have this info for sure, I can't really discuss it with them as they will always fall back on this license agreement comment. I need to know for sure what the situation is prior to any discussions. Even then, probably no chance, but it is worth a shot.

OK, guys, after posting my last note, I continued through my email, and found another response from TrueVisions. NOTE THAT THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON GETTING THE SATURDAY GAMES! I've copied that note below; followed by another note that I just sent to them. I'm going to keep trying to work this, and hope that all of you will do the same. Feel free to reference my notes, or not, when you contact them. Here's our most recent exchange:

FROM 'TV':

Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 4:15 PM

To: George

Subject: RE: NFL On Truevisions---62147370

Dear Khun George,

First, we have to apologize for any inconvenience about missing NFL that Truevisions have only two matches per week license. But we have also to follow this situation as well. We also hope like you mentioned because we understand how of your feeling to miss one of the most exciting game in the world.

Please be patient for the confirmation, within next week we thought we will get a confirmation or at least before Saturday.

We are grateful that your letter was brought to our attention and we appreciate your perseverance in settling this matter. Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you for your letter. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

We are so grateful for your trust in our service and support us all time.

Best regards,

Mr. Pattakit Kornkaeo

MY REPLY TO MR. PATTAKIT:

Dear Kuhn Pattakit,

I am sincerely grateful for your continuing effort to improve the broadcast situation for NFL games. I am certainly not aware of exactly how your licensing agreements work. I thought they were worked with the US networks, individually. Based upon this note from you, it appears that there is some other organization that controls such international licenses, and is imposing this "2 games per week" limit on you. Is that true?

I, and many friends with whom I talk on the internet about the TrueVisions broadcasts of the NFL, hope VERY STRONGLY that you WILL be able to broadcast all FOUR games next weekend. As you clearly do understand, the Playoffs are a puzzle which is incomplete, if we only see half of it! :-)

Beyond the Playoff broadcasts for this season, I would like to discuss some details of your NFL coverage with you, for future consideration, if I may.

First, I believe that TrueVisions is missing a significant business opportunity in the manner in which your games are broadcast. Throughout the games, the US networks have breaks for commercials. During those breaks, TrueVisions simply leaves the "dead air" feed from the field on the screen. Why do you not pursue some paid advertising to fill those gaps? Surely, there are companies here who would benefit from such advertising.

NFL fans eat a lot of food! How about ads from Pizza Hut, Pizza Company, McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, etc.? You could also seek ads from supermarkets and other chains that sell western clothing, or other items. Most NFL fans here are either American expats or tourists. They all have many contacts in the USA who may be considering coming to Thailand for a vacation. How about ads from travel agencies, hotels, resorts, etc.? During the longer half time break, you could be presenting paid 5 minute presentations from large resorts, along with some of those shorter, 30-second to 1-minute ads noted earlier. There is a very large potential advertising target group out there for TrueVisions, Kuhn Pattakit! NFL games have a primarily western audience. Those broadcasts are a great way for all businesses that sell products or services designed for westerners. If you make an effort to do business with them, your broadcasts of NFL games could become a significant producer of revenue for TrueVisions!

I hope you'll consider my ideas, and use them to help you increase your revenue; while also increasing the pleasure you'll bring to the many NFL fans here in Thailand. We can definitely help each other! If there is anyway that I can personally assist you in addressing this situation, please contact me at your convenience.

George

OK, guys, after posting my last note, I continued through my email, and found another response from TrueVisions. NOTE THAT THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON GETTING THE SATURDAY GAMES! I've copied that note below; followed by another note that I just sent to them. I'm going to keep trying to work this, and hope that all of you will do the same. Feel free to reference my notes, or not, when you contact them. Here's our most recent exchange:

FROM 'TV':

Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 4:15 PM

To: George

Subject: RE: NFL On Truevisions---62147370

Dear Khun George,

First, we have to apologize for any inconvenience about missing NFL that Truevisions have only two matches per week license. But we have also to follow this situation as well. We also hope like you mentioned because we understand how of your feeling to miss one of the most exciting game in the world.

Please be patient for the confirmation, within next week we thought we will get a confirmation or at least before Saturday.

We are grateful that your letter was brought to our attention and we appreciate your perseverance in settling this matter. Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you for your letter. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

Best regards,

Mr. Pattakit Kornkaeo

MY REPLY TO MR. PATTAKIT:

Dear Kuhn Pattakit,

I am sincerely grateful for your continuing effort to improve the broadcast situation for NFL games. I am certainly not aware of exactly how your licensing agreements work. I thought they were worked with the US networks, individually. Based upon this note from you, it appears that there is some other organization that controls such international licenses, and is imposing this "2 games per week" limit on you. Is that true?

I, and many friends with whom I talk on the internet about the TrueVisions broadcasts of the NFL, hope VERY STRONGLY that you WILL be able to broadcast all FOUR games next weekend. As you clearly do understand, the Playoffs are a puzzle which is incomplete, if we only see half of it! :-)

Beyond the Playoff broadcasts for this season, I would like to discuss some details of your NFL coverage with you, for future consideration, if I may.

First, I believe that TrueVisions is missing a significant business opportunity in the manner in which your games are broadcast. Throughout the games, the US networks have breaks for commercials. During those breaks, TrueVisions simply leaves the "dead air" feed from the field on the screen. Why do you not pursue some paid advertising to fill those gaps? Surely, there are companies here who would benefit from such advertising.

NFL fans eat a lot of food! How about ads from Pizza Hut, Pizza Company, McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, etc.? You could also seek ads from supermarkets and other chains that sell western clothing, or other items. Most NFL fans here are either American expats or tourists. They all have many contacts in the USA who may be considering coming to Thailand for a vacation. How about ads from travel agencies, hotels, resorts, etc.? During the longer half time break, you could be presenting paid 5 minute presentations from large resorts, along with some of those shorter, 30-second to 1-minute ads noted earlier. There is a very large potential advertising target group out there for TrueVisions, Kuhn Pattakit! NFL games have a primarily western audience. Those broadcasts are a great way for all businesses that sell products or services designed for westerners. If you make an effort to do business with them, your broadcasts of NFL games could become a significant producer of revenue for TrueVisions!

I hope you'll consider my ideas, and use them to help you increase your revenue; while also increasing the pleasure you'll bring to the many NFL fans here in Thailand. We can definitely help each other! If there is anyway that I can personally assist you in addressing this situation, please contact me at your convenience.

George

Patsfangr, thanks for the info. I have just sent an email to Khun Pattakit as well.

anyone going for the nlf playoff gamepass in HD? http://www.nfl.com/gamepass?campaign=YH_GP_playoffs

do you think it will work just like the regular season one?

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES! sorry OMR and to those who didn't get in, but had to gloat. what a day for the eagles; what a swing from last weeks tremendous downer. i can't believe today just happened, first the raiders upset, then houston kneeling it down - and then the smashing of the cowboys . . SIMPLY AMAZING. SUCH A LONG SEASON. WE WERE 5-5-1 AND MCNABB WAS BENCHED. Tampa ws 9-3 and fighting for homefield throughout.

patsfangr, i hope your pats got in at 11-5 . . even though i kinda hate them. they deserved to.

I knew you would post. We haven't heard from you in quite awhile, but then I understood why.

Romo had a rough day. He played with a back injury and then collapsed in the shower after the game due to a rib injury. He also, and a lot more telling, said they were out coached (he was talking about Jason Garrett).

Specifically, he said opponents have figured out their blocking schemes and could completely blanket their receivers and that the Cowboys have had nothing new to come back with. For Romo, who didn't come from big programs at the high school and college levels and has sat on the bench for most of his career, he greatly relies on the offensive coordinator's game plan.

It is no wonder Romo and Witten were drawing up plays by themselves. The defense is another issue, but the 5 turnovers and lack of production from the offense (field position) was the key to the Eagles win today (OK, I give the Eagles some credit, but do so grudgingly).

Patsfangr, everyone who knows anything about American football knows a system that keeps a team that wins 11 out of 16 games from getting into the playoffs is flawed and should be changed. The Pats accomplished way too much this year to be kept out of the playoffs. At least I can say my Cowboys sucked this year, but in your case it should never happen.

BTW, I won't be surprised if Cassell is still with the Pats next year. I don't know the status of his contract, but if he is allowed to go to free agency expect the Jets to make a serious effort to get him.

Lastly, for the SB I think it will be the Giants again this year. I have already picked the Steelers, but I really don't know as there are so many good teams in the AFC to choose from.

yeah, when the birds are struggling, i stick to the EMB trying to pinpoint the issues. but when they're flying, i'm all over the place . . time to catch some ZZZ before the game - feeling good about our D!

wow! playoff gamepass is SWEET! HD, fullscreen and clear . . at least the games from yesterday on archive are, and i expect them to be the same live. such an upgrade from the regular season . . almost like HD TV is the US . . almost. hope the regular season is the same next year too - looks like it will be where you can watch multiple games; looks like you can chat while watching too to other fans and other features like game stats, nfl network and fantasy stats

:o

wow! playoff gamepass is SWEET! HD, fullscreen and clear . . at least the games from yesterday on archive are, and i expect them to be the same live. such an upgrade from the regular season . . almost like HD TV is the US . . almost. hope the regular season is the same next year too - looks like it will be where you can watch multiple games; looks like you can chat while watching too to other fans and other features like game stats, nfl network and fantasy stats

:o

I told ya so! I had the Regular Season package this year; and will definitely sign up again next year. You can literally watch every game, if you so choose; with a couple 'live', and replays of others. And don't forget that you can also view replays of a couple of 'NFL Network' shows, if you choose to.

I didn't get the Playoff package, because, since my Patriots are out this season, I'm satisfied with the low quality free streaming of the games not carried on TrueVisons from a site I use for that. I watched the two Saturday games that way (at 04:30 and 0800 Sunday morning). If TrueVisions doesn't get all 4 games next weekend, which they said they ARE working on, I'll do the same then.

Great games on Saturday, too.

Congrats on your Eagles win today, qwunk. I expected pretty much what we got. The Vikings, especiall with their defensive injuruies, are just not quite as good as the Eagles. The Giants - Eagles game next week should be a freaking WAR!

If TrueVisions doesn't get all 4 games next weekend, which they said they ARE working on, I'll do the same then.

Patsfangr, this is the response I got to my letter:

We have to admit to you that we could secure the license to broadcast all NFC playoff games but not for AFC games that have been secured the license by another company. Nevertheless, we have planned to live the final game between the NFC and AFC on February 2, 2009 at 6:00 am. On TrueSport 4.

TrueVisions is striving to offer the best of our service for the majority of our subscribers and hope that these answers will meet you satisfaction. We apologize if this should disturb the viewing experience and assure that this was never our intention.

On behalf of True Visions, we would like to thank you again for taking your time for these constructive comments.

Best regards,

Mr. Wichian Chompoonog

Officer - TrueVisions Care

Support & Non-Voice Management

Tel+66(0) 2725-2525

Fax+66(0) 2725-2500

Email:[email protected]

เปิดชีวิตมุมมองใหม่ เปิด ทรูวิชั่นส์

True Visions Public Company Limited

118/1 Tipco Tower, Rama VI Road,

Samsen Nai, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400

www.truevisionstv.com

Dear all,

Hi, my name is Chris, Thai, 30 years-old, graduated from the U.S. I’ve found this Forum with google search and so glad there are still some people who want to watch ALL the Playoff games because I’ve post warning messages in Thai webboard long before the playoff and got almost no response at all.

There are some details I would like to share with your guys

1. True Visions aren’t working on anything to secure all playoff games for us. Their NFC license is secured long time ago, It’s on the same package with 2 Sunday ‘s regular season games per week. On the other hand, the Sunday night games, Monday night games, and the AFC playoffs license are secured by ESPN.

Since True Visions bought English Premiere League License last year, It might piss ESPN off. Someone told me that ESPN counter their move by raising the price of premium ESPN package (that include the NFL) which True Visions decide not to pay for it. Therefore, all we got is a lousy ESPN package with no NFL games.

2. The solution is simple. True visions have to pay ESPN for the license. (Which Goal TV did pay last year). Unfortunately, in the current situation True visions think that it’s not worth the

money.

Either we somehow let True Visions know that there are sooooo many people who want to see the NFL or prey for Goal TV to pay ESPN for the license just like last year. Otherwise, I fear that we may never again watch Sunday night games, Monday night games, and the AFC playoffs on the television in my country. :-(

For Khun Patsfangr suggestion, I learned that in Thailand there is law that prohibit any commercial for Thai’s cable TV. Therefore, True Visions can’t have any commercial other than their program advertising.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any more information. I just want to watch the Playoff games as much as you guys.

Go!! Packs!! Go!!

Dear all,

Hi, my name is Chris, Thai, 30 years-old, graduated from the U.S. I've found this Forum with google search and so glad there are still some people who want to watch ALL the Playoff games because I've post warning messages in Thai webboard long before the playoff and got almost no response at all.

1. True Visions aren't working on anything to secure all playoff games for us. Their NFC license is secured long time ago, It's on the same package with 2 Sunday 's regular season games per week. On the other hand, the Sunday night games, Monday night games, and the AFC playoffs license are secured by ESPN.

Since True Visions bought English Premiere League License last year, It might piss ESPN off. Someone told me that ESPN counter their move by raising the price of premium ESPN package (that include the NFL) which True Visions decide not to pay for it. Therefore, all we got is a lousy ESPN package with no NFL games.

2. The solution is simple. True visions have to pay ESPN for the license. (Which Goal TV did pay last year). Unfortunately, in the current situation True visions think that it's not worth the

money.

Either we somehow let True Visions know that there are sooooo many people who want to see the NFL or prey for Goal TV to pay ESPN for the license just like last year. Otherwise, I fear that we may never again watch Sunday night games, Monday night games, and the AFC playoffs on the television in my country. :-(

For Khun Patsfangr suggestion, I learned that in Thailand there is law that prohibit any commercial for Thai's cable TV. Therefore, True Visions can't have any commercial other than their program advertising.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any more information. I just want to watch the Playoff games as much as you guys.

Go!! Packs!! Go!!

Hi Chris! Welcome to our thread! I hope you'll stay with us, and join in discussions. The more fans of American football we get here, the more likelihood that we can organize some meaningful influence on TrueVisions.

Thanks for your information. However, I think that both you and TrueVisions have some sort of misinformation regarding the licensing arrangement. (I also told this to TrueV in another note.) The licensing is definitely NOT packaged by Conference (AFC/NFC) for either the Playoffs or the Regular Season. The two Playoff games shown on TrueV Sunday morning were one AFC (BAL @ MIA) and one NFC (PHI @ MIN) game.

I believe that the licenses are actually US NETWORK related. The ONLY games we have seen on TrueV this season have been games that are broadcast by either CBS or FOX in the USA. We got no Sunday Night games (ESPN); no Monday Night games (NBC); and no Thursday night games (NFL Network). Likewise, the two Saturday Playoff games were both on NBC. It's the US TV NETWORKS, not the NFL Conferences, that control the licenses.

So I am STILL hopeful that we may get ALL FOUR games this coming weekend, since they are all broadcast on CBS and FOX in the USA. The Conference Championships, on Jan 18, are also on CBS and FOX, so I expect that we'll get them, as well.

I got the exact same response from TrueV that OMR received, by the way. So they just copied it to one of us. But the good news from it is that they WILL carry the Super Bowl for us; which is on NBC. However, since it is "the Super Bowl", I'm certain there's a whole separate licensing deal for that one.

If I get a response from TrueV to my correction on that "Conference" vs. "US Network" licensing issue, I'll post it here. But, as I said, it is definitely NOT controlled by NFL Conference, or we would not have seen one of those games Monday morning!

It sure feels good to be a Panther fan right now. We get to feast on some Cardinals. Too bad I might not be able to watch.

There have been some excellent games thus far, which I adjusted my sleep schedule to watch live, unlike the regular season. Yeah man, I learned to fall asleep on command like a local. Or more precisely, like my cat. She's from China. (Why yes, she is a calico. How'd you guess? She's also a Panther fan, naturally.)

Based on what I've seen, the Ravens own the AFC. The NFC's up for grabs between the two favorites. And we're in for some great football. Hopefully televised. I'm still surprised it's not Lions vs Raiders, though...

Dear Khun Patsfangr,

The licensing arrangement in Thailand (and maybe in southeast asia region) of the NFL playoff did packaged by Conference but it's effective on the divional rounds and the conference championships.

For the Wild Card Playoff, ESPN package have saturday games and True Package have sunday games. It's been this way since 1999 (the first year that True Visions bought NFL license).

I believe that the Broadcast licenses outside the U.S. is not related to any U.S. network, it's solely belong to the NFL as well as the Superbowl. (that's why last year superbowl broadcast and commentator on True Vision is from the NFL Network not FOX which sucured superbowl license in the U.S.)

Dear Khun Patsfangr,

The licensing arrangement in Thailand (and maybe in southeast asia region) of the NFL playoff did packaged by Conference but it's effective on the divional rounds and the conference championships.

For the Wild Card Playoff, ESPN package have saturday games and True Package have sunday games. It's been this way since 1999 (the first year that True Visions bought NFL license).

I believe that the Broadcast licenses outside the U.S. is not related to any U.S. network, it's solely belong to the NFL as well as the Superbowl. (that's why last year superbowl broadcast and commentator on True Vision is from the NFL Network not FOX which sucured superbowl license in the U.S.)

This still doesn't all make sense, Chris. If the licensing is by Conference, then we should get ONE game on Saturday, and ONE on Sunday next week (Divisional Round), right? Both games should be from the same Conference. And, on January 18, we would get only ONE of the Conference Championship games (from the same Conference as what we get on Saturday and Sunday next week). That's how it should work out, if your description of the licensing is correct.

Let's see what we get. Then we can talk again.

In any case, it seems a very weird structure that completely ignores the realities of NFL Playoffs. I have trouble understanding how the NFL could put together packages like that, if, as you say, they control the licensing setup. Sad.

Dear all,

Hi, my name is Chris, Thai, 30 years-old, graduated from the U.S. I've found this Forum with google search and so glad there are still some people who want to watch ALL the Playoff games because I've post warning messages in Thai webboard long before the playoff and got almost no response at all.

1. True Visions aren't working on anything to secure all playoff games for us. Their NFC license is secured long time ago, It's on the same package with 2 Sunday 's regular season games per week. On the other hand, the Sunday night games, Monday night games, and the AFC playoffs license are secured by ESPN.

2. The solution is simple. True visions have to pay ESPN for the license. (Which Goal TV did pay last year). Unfortunately, in the current situation True visions think that it's not worth the

money.

For Khun Patsfangr suggestion, I learned that in Thailand there is law that prohibit any commercial for Thai's cable TV. Therefore, True Visions can't have any commercial other than their program advertising.

Go!! Packs!! Go!!

Hi Chris! Welcome to our thread! I hope you'll stay with us, and join in discussions. The more fans of American football we get here, the more likelihood that we can organize some meaningful influence on TrueVisions.

Thanks for your information. However, I think that both you and TrueVisions have some sort of misinformation regarding the licensing arrangement. (I also told this to TrueV in another note.) The licensing is definitely NOT packaged by Conference (AFC/NFC) for either the Playoffs or the Regular Season. The two Playoff games shown on TrueV Sunday morning were one AFC (BAL @ MIA) and one NFC (PHI @ MIN) game.

I believe that the licenses are actually US NETWORK related. The ONLY games we have seen on TrueV this season have been games that are broadcast by either CBS or FOX in the USA. We got no Sunday Night games (ESPN); no Monday Night games (NBC); and no Thursday night games (NFL Network). Likewise, the two Saturday Playoff games were both on NBC. It's the US TV NETWORKS, not the NFL Conferences, that control the licenses.

So I am STILL hopeful that we may get ALL FOUR games this coming weekend, since they are all broadcast on CBS and FOX in the USA. The Conference Championships, on Jan 18, are also on CBS and FOX, so I expect that we'll get them, as well.

I got the exact same response from TrueV that OMR received, by the way. So they just copied it to one of us. But the good news from it is that they WILL carry the Super Bowl for us; which is on NBC. However, since it is "the Super Bowl", I'm certain there's a whole separate licensing deal for that one.

If I get a response from TrueV to my correction on that "Conference" vs. "US Network" licensing issue, I'll post it here. But, as I said, it is definitely NOT controlled by NFL Conference, or we would not have seen one of those games Monday morning!

Patsfangr, I don't have a lot of time to discuss this now, but will later. In the meantime, please read my message above that copies my email received just yesterday from TrueVisions. They aren't working on anything. They say someone else got the AFC license and they will now only televise NFC playoff games, but will show the SB.

Thai commentator on the Eagles-Vikings game already said True 'll broadcast only the NFC games this weekend.

I know it's a weird and non-sense structure, I'll try to find out why they package like that.

Let's hope that I'm wrong and we'll be able to watch all 4 games this weekend.

Dear Khun Patsfangr,

This still doesn't all make sense, Chris. If the licensing is by Conference, then we should get ONE game on Saturday, and ONE on Sunday next week (Divisional Round), right? Both games should be from the same Conference. And, on January 18, we would get only ONE of the Conference Championship games (from the same Conference as what we get on Saturday and Sunday next week). That's how it should work out, if your description of the licensing is correct.

Let's see what we get. Then we can talk again.

In any case, it seems a very weird structure that completely ignores the realities of NFL Playoffs. I have trouble understanding how the NFL could put together packages like that, if, as you say, they control the licensing setup. Sad.

Patsfangr, Chris' comments make sense. If correct, and I think he is, then the responses we received from Truevisions that they will be televising the upcoming NFC playoff games only would be correct.

What I am confused by is that, at present, Truevisions is not showing on their printed or web schedules that they will be televising any NFL playoff games this weekend. I have written them to clarify this. If it is only the NFC playoff games, then we would get Saturday's Ariz. vs. Carolina (Fox) that would be televised here on Sunday starting at 8:15 AM and Sunday's Phil. vs. Giants (Fox) that would be televised here on Monday starting at 1AM.

Since we were both told that some other company has won the rights to televise the AFC playoff games, and we are in Thailand communicating with a Thai company about games to be televised in Thailand, I can only assume that some other company has the rights to televise these games in Thailand. It would be interesting to know which company (they may have Pay Per View similar to Truevisions).