The Ashes

uptheos

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Englands 5-0 drubbing in the series 4 years ago, it was so refreshing this morning to watch the Sky Sports commentary panel of David Gower, Ian Botham and David Lloyd rip the Aussies to shreds, especially when they rubbed their noses in it by referring to a remark made by a former Aussie test player, who's name escapes me, after that series, when he said words to the effect that England were so bad that the Aussies should only play 3 match test series against them in future.

Australia now join Bangladesh as the only test playing nations to have suffered 3 innings defeats in a 5 match series.

Edited by Nuff Said

Sorry, I really didn't mean to return, but couldn't resist the opportunity to correct myself.

We have not only retained The Ashes, but won the series by inflicting another humiliating innings defeat.

Oh dear,....:cheesy: :cheesy:

OK I'm definitely out of here.

PS. For Will....I think you are spot on about MC - cheers mate.

Mate, cash in while you can. That could be quite a while as well.

Anyway, I'm glad the CEO of Cricket Australia has come out and

said that he thinks the coaches, selectors and administrators have

all done a good job. I can sleep well now.

Bring on the one dayers I say :D

One piece of good news to come out of the carnage is

that MC has quite twenty/20.

Regards

Will

PS Haven't the POMS come out of the woodwork?

Edited by Will27

Congratulations to the Englishmen- all 7 of them, and the 4 South Africans!!

Obviously an aussie with the obligatory sour grapes; you forgot Andy Flower and also the nationality of our bowling coach, the latter of which you must surely find grating! In the case of Strauss and Prior, they both came over as nippers and are English bred with English accents. In any case, all four have English ancestry; can you say the same for your aussie squad, which I'm sure are all aussie born and bred. :lol:

Nice to see graciousness in defeat from the likes of Clarkey, Watson, although in general Australians could do with learning about magnanimity and respect, which goes right down to the tabloids and their focus on how crap their team is, when in fact it's still decent enough, they were just undone by a much better side.

A bloke walks into a brothel and says: "I'm a bit kinky, how much for total humiliation?"

The madam replies £60.

"Wow, what do I get for that," he says.

She says: "A baggy green cap and an Australian shirt.

[/quote

biggrin.gif Hi Blinky, good to see you here at the end and taking it squarely on the chin, with a bit of humour as always.

It was a bit of a disaster for the Aussies, no-one likes to be humiliated so badly in their own back yard.

My Aussie friends keep telling me that England still have to prove themselves against the likes of India and South Africa, but that's totally irrelevant. No matter if we get slaughtered by them, real cricket fans know that The Ashes is the jewel in the crown as far as England cricket goes, always will be and everything else comes a distant second.

Nice bit of fun the other day with the England second X1 winning the 20/20

The ODI should be fun too, Australia might be able to maintain a little bit of face, but like the guy in your post above, no-one really wants a baggy green at the moment.

Cheers mate. smile.gif