uptheos

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we'll see the Aussies!

th_FATLADYSINGS.jpg

What a great result for the series.

The Boxing Day Test should be a ball-tearer.

Bloody True Visions not showing it :D

Regards

Will

I'm now not sure if you love or hate True Visions. wink.gif

Yep, the Boxing day test should be great, let's hope both teams live up to the occasion.

The Aussies seem to be back, but Ricky's broken his finger........Clarke could be captain! biggrin.gif

th_FATLADYSINGS.jpg

Regards

Will

Yep, the Boxing day test should be great, let's hope both teams live up to the occasion.

The Aussies seem to be back, but Ricky's broken his finger........Clarke could be captain! biggrin.gif

Stop it!!

Dont spoil my victory mood :-)

Clarke couldn't captain a packet of maltesers.

I loved waking up after celebrating Christmas day in Oz

and turning on the test. Nothing quite the first session at the

Boxing day test or at Lords.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

th_FATLADYSINGS.jpg

Regards

Will

Stop it!!

Dont spoil my victory mood :-)

Clarke couldn't captain a packet of maltesers.

I loved waking up after celebrating Christmas day in Oz

and turning on the test. Nothing quite the first session at the

Boxing day test or at Lords.

Regards

Will

A test on Boxing day at Lords would certainly sort the men out from the boys! ohmy.gif

Used to go to Lords quite a lot as a youngster and lucky enough to see the likes of Cowdrey, Graveney, May, Laker, Trueman, Statham et al, whenever their county was playing away to Middlesex.

If I understand correctly, if Truevisions did show it then none of yous would have an excuse to watch it at a pub?

I'd probably watch the first day in the pub, it's nice to be with others.

Depending how it went I'd probably watch the next day at home.

If it comes to a climactic finish, definitely in the pub win or lose, share the joy or sorrow.

We really are lucky to have the UN Irish Pub in Chiang Mai, smile.gif otherwise sports coverage would be extremely dismal sad.gif

Thank you Sandy. jap.gif

Edited by uptheos

I guess the Aussies didn't Like getting stomped and mashed in the second match. What did Peterson hit... wasn't it 229? That was almost the Aussies entire score. It just makes all further matches that much more interesting.

Poms Deny too Much Crumpet Was The Problem.

ENGLAND skipper Andrew Strauss insists the arrival of team WAGS didn't quell the tourists' killer instinct and trigger a stunning third Test capitulation against Australia in Perth.

England had looked invincible after crushing Australia by an innings and 71 runs in Adelaide.

But the arrival of England's glamour partners and families last Monday coincided with a stunning reversal of fortunes at the WACA ground that saw Ricky Ponting's men level the series with a 267-run triumph.

Asked if the warm fuzzy feeling of having loved ones around after six weeks apart had dulled England's competitive edge, Strauss said: "I don't think so, no.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/the-ashes/wags-didnt-affect-us-andrew-strauss-says/story-fn67x4c9-1225973528520

So, presuming we are now all excited about the Boxing Day test on Sunday and now that the time zone will mean around a 6.30am start at the UN, I have some questions for those in the know:

• will the UN be open at 6.30am?
  • does it have good coffee?
  • does Guiness taste good at 6.30am?

:jap:

Poms Deny too Much Crumpet Was The Problem.

ENGLAND skipper Andrew Strauss insists the arrival of team WAGS didn't quell the tourists' killer instinct and trigger a stunning third Test capitulation against Australia in Perth.

England had looked invincible after crushing Australia by an innings and 71 runs in Adelaide.

But the arrival of England's glamour partners and families last Monday coincided with a stunning reversal of fortunes at the WACA ground that saw Ricky Ponting's men level the series with a 267-run triumph.

Asked if the warm fuzzy feeling of having loved ones around after six weeks apart had dulled England's competitive edge, Strauss said: "I don't think so, no.

http://www.adelaiden...9-1225973528520

It's all those run and tickle's down to fine leg that have been their undoing! wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

So, presuming we are now all excited about the Boxing Day test on Sunday and now that the time zone will mean around a 6.30am start at the UN, I have some questions for those in the know:

• will the UN be open at 6.30am?
  • does it have good coffee?
  • does Guiness taste good at 6.30am?

:jap:

No - 8am......so don't get too excited and set your alarm for 5-30 am! wink.gif

Don't know - I drink tea old chap.......tally ho and all that coffee1.gif

To me it tastes awful any time of day! bah.gif

Edited by uptheos

Oh dear!!

You've surfaced Blinky, so I this is where I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.smile.gif

I knew once the Aussies did well you'd come out of hiding, unlike us Pom's who remain regardless. wink.gif

Looking forward to thrashing us on Boxing day? rolleyes.gif

Edited by uptheos

Cricket one of the greatest games on earth and the Ashes series is the pinacle of the game and the greatest match in the series is the Boxing Day match at the MCG. Bring it on poms and the Barmy Army.:lol::D

The only person who could destroy our joy is Ulysses G and thank god he is not a Guru on cricket.

Cricket one of the greatest games on earth and the Ashes series is the pinacle of the game and the greatest match in the series is the Boxing Day match at the MCG. Bring it on poms and the Barmy Army.:lol::D

The only person who could destroy our joy is Ulysses G and thank god he is not a Guru on cricket.

Yes indeed, this is really where it starts to heat up and I'm so thankful that at least one place is able to show this spectacle on the big screen........I can safely say the UN Irish Pub is the only real sports bar in Chiang Mai. thumbsup.gif

Although the next Ashes Test starts at 0630 Thai time, I have been informed that the UN Irish Pub will be opening on Boxing Day at 7:30am. sleepy.gif

Yes indeed, this is really where it starts to heat up and I'm so thankful that at least one place is able to show this spectacle on the big screen........I can safely say the UN Irish Pub is the only real sports bar in Chiang Mai. thumbsup.gif

Although the next Ashes Test starts at 0630 Thai time, I have been informed that the UN Irish Pub will be opening on Boxing Day at 7:30am. sleepy.gif

You can get live coverage on the net if you don't want to wait for the pub to open

You can get live coverage on the net if you don't want to wait for the pub to open

Yes, I'll most certainly be there at the start (on the net) and then I'll wander along to the UN Irish Pub to watch it will all the others, I just enjoy the big screen and meeting all the others, I expect it will be crowded for this one.

This is certainly the best sporting event by far on Boxing Day, followed by Premier league football, if it's on.

I know it isn't cricket, but aren't there some big NFL games on around this time too?

OK sports fans here's some viewing for you over the festive season. The biggie of course is The Ashes, but lots of other goodies to suit different tastes. Enjoy and Merry Christmas. smile.gif

Events at the UN Irish Pub: 21 – 28/12/10

BOLD & ITALIC ITEMS WILL BE SHOWN WHEN POSSIBLE.OTHER ITEMS MAY NOT BE.

Tue 21st 8:30am NFL – Chicago @ Minnesota (108/111) Live

12:00pm NHL – Anaheim @ Boston (108) ®

2:00pm NHL – Montreal@ Colorado(108) ®

6:30pm NFL – Green Bay@ New England (108) ®

7:30pm EPL – Man Cityv Everton 21/12 (111) ®

8:30pm Live Music – Irish Country with Mac& Mel

9:00pm Heineken Cup – Ospreys v Munster (Euro) ®

9:30pm NFL – Chicago @ Minnesota (103) ®

10:45pm Heineken Cup – Leinsterv Clermont (Euro) ®

10:30pm UFC - #119 (108) ®

Wed 22nd 5:00pm NHL – Anaheim@ Boston (108)®

7:00pm NHL – New Jersey@ Washington(108) ®

8:30pm Live Music – Open Mic Night Hosted byMac & Mel

10:00pm NFL – Chicago @ Minnesota (111) ®

10:00pm UFC - #120 (108) ®

11:00pm Classic Boxing – Knockouts (107) ®

Thu 23rd 5:00pm NHL – New Jersey@ Washington(108) ®

7:00pm NHL – Anaheim @ Boston (108) ®

7:30pm EPL – Sunderland v Bolton18/12 (111) ®

8:30pm Quiz Night – Special Quiz - Every TeamWins!

10:00pm UFC - #116 (108) ®

Fri 24th 8:15am NFL – Carolina@ Pittsburgh(108/111) Live

6:30pm NFL – Chicago @ Minnesota (108) ®

9:00pm NFL – Carolina@ Pittsburgh(108) ®

11:30pm UFC - #118 (108) ®

Sat 25th 6:30pm Christmas Dinner – FirstSeating

9:00pm Christmas Dinner – Second Seating

Sun 26th 6:30am The Ashes – Australiav England(StarC)

6:00pm NHL – Calgary@ Dallas (108)®

7:00pm EPL – Fulham v West Ham (101/111)

10:00pm EPL – Man U v Sunderland (101/111)

10:00pm EPL – Blackpool v Liverpool(103)

10:00pm EPL – Newcastlev Man City

12:30am EPL – Aston Villa v Tottenham(103/111) (1st halfonly)

Mon 27th 6:30am The Ashes – Australiav England(StarC)

8:15am NFL – Minnesota@ Philadelphia(108/111) Live

2:00pm NFL – NY Jets @ Chicago (108) ®

4:30pm NFL – New England @ Buffalo (108) ®

7:00pm NFL – Indianapolis@ Oakland (108)®

9:30pm NFL – Minnesota@ Philadelphia(108) ®

10:00pm EPL – Blackpool v Liverpool26/12 (103) ®

Tue 28th 6:30am TheAshes – Australia v England (StarC)

8:30am NFL – New Orleans@ Atlanta(108/111) Live

6:00pm NFL – Minnesota@ Philadelphia(108) ®

7:30pm EPL – Arsenal v Chelsea 28/12 (111) ®

7:30pm NFL – New Orleans@ Atlanta (103)®

10:00pm EPL – Tottenham v Newcastle (101/111)

10:00pm EPL – Man Cityv Aston Villa (103)

12:30am EPL – West Ham v Everton (103/111) (1st half only)

Edited by uptheos

Oh dear!!

In the unlikely event that the Aussies will thrash the poms in this one, Up Theos, I'll still be freezing my cashews off over the border in Myitkyina. No TV coverage and very limited internet here.

Enjoy the match! I was once a member of the MCC and enjoyed the few matches I attended from the comfort of the Long Room.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Oh dear!!

In the unlikely event that the Aussies will thrash the poms in this one, Up Theos, I'll still be freezing my cashews off over the border in Myitkyina. No TV coverage and very limited internet here.

Enjoy the match! I was once a member of the MCC and enjoyed the few matches I attended from the comfort of the Long Room.

Hedging your bets eh?

You're up early it's only 0830 there.wink.gif

I like that part of Burma and it's common knowledge that the Kachin are ardent followers of cricket, especially The Ashes. rolleyes.gif

Is that Melbourne Cricket Club or Marylebone Cricket Club?.............there's a heck of a difference.

Edited by uptheos

Oh dear!!

Hedging your bets eh?

You're up early it's only 0830 there.wink.gif

I like that part of Burma and it's common knowledge that the Kachin are ardent followers of cricket, especially The Ashes. rolleyes.gif

Is that Melbourne Cricket Club or Marylebone Cricket Club?.............there's a heck of a difference.

Melbourne Cricket Club with reciprocal rights to the other, but due to not living in Melbourne or Australia for the past 27 years I let it lapse.

Melbourne Cricket Club with reciprocal rights to the other, but due to not living in Melbourne or Australia for the past 27 years I let it lapse.

Now if you had meant MCC being (Marylebone Cricket Club, Lords) you would have taken a giant leap on the hierarchial ladder, though somehow I can't see you with the required attire on a sweltering hot day, not that we get many of those!

I believe unbuttoning the top button or loosening the tie is a criminal offence.

Now if you had meant MCC being (Marylebone Cricket Club, Lords) you would have taken a giant leap on the hierarchial ladder, though somehow I can't see you with the required attire on a sweltering hot day, not that we get many of those!

I believe unbuttoning the top button or loosening the tie is a criminal offence.

Execution by cannon?

Execution by cannon?

Nah, you'd be beheaded at silly mid off during Lunch, according to Britain's Shariah law.

Edited by uptheos

JUST FOR WILL - MERRY CHRISTMAS MATE!

0,,6409282,00.jpg

Future Australian captain....please!

It's bad enough he's VC.

I was going to wait until tonight until tonight to hit the Xmas drinks.

You'v just changed my mind for me.

Thanks mate!!

Until Boxing day.

Regards

Will

JUST FOR WILL - MERRY CHRISTMAS MATE!

0,,6409282,00.jpg

Future Australian captain....please!

It's bad enough he's VC.

I was going to wait until tonight until tonight to hit the Xmas drinks.

You'v just changed my mind for me.

Thanks mate!!

Until Boxing day.

Regards

Will

Until Boxing Day and have a great Christmas mate. thumbsup.gif

Perhaps the picture is representative of Blinky Bill's signature i.e.

"For the finishing touch God created Australians".sick.gif