Best Place For Christmas Lunch

nong38

I will be in Chang Rai on December 25th to do my Visa run, Mae Sai is open I presume? Whilst in Chang Rai I would like to have a tradional English Christmas lunch if possible, wher would be the best place to go? Any help would be appreciated.

Rico's Bar and Restaurant are doing a Christmas day buffet, Turkey , ham , salads etc and a selection of hot foods to cater for all from different nations. The price is 398 bht per person with the food being served from 4 pm. He is taking bookings for a maximum of 60 persons.

As for the other Bars/Restaurants/Hotels I am not sure if any are doing anything.

You will find a great traditional Christmas lunch and dinner at Don's Cafe in Doi Hang on the road to the national park. Our dinning sala sits between 2 lakes and we have a beautiful view of the mountains and rice fields. We will have baked Virginia Ham, Turkey, Prime Rib of Beef, Sausages, Yorkshire Pudding and all the trimmings plus desert. Cost will be 350 including a welcome drink. Call 053 170633 for booking. We will start to serve on plates with refills at 12:00 to 21:00.

First of all...if you need to go to the immigration office, it is closed on Saturdays...if you are just going across the bridge and back for a 15 day visa, then that is probably a go. The immigration offices as far as I know, are never open on Saturdays. I only have to make it an annual trip as I have a work visa through a university.....and as far a getting great food in CR....lots of places, indeed. I make sure when I have to go to CR...I live in Phayao...I am still there around the time the night market opens. Kay's Mexican food is something not to be missed. Happy trails....ett