Looking For A Temp Foster For 3 Tiny Puppies, Bkk Area

Linisha

Being in Bangkok over the weekend I was appalled seeing 3 tiny puppies tied with plastic strings to a guy lying on the pavement close to Nana Bts. The puppies were obviously desperate. They were crawling over the man trying to nibble his clothes in search for food.

I turned my head away and passed them. However, back at my room later that night I couldn’t stop thinking of the pups and finally went out at 3 am carrying some milk for them. But a woman, obviously high on drugs, wouldn’t allow me the poor puppies to have the milk.

As several more hours without food now had passed,the small creatures were obviously suffering from stravation. They were lying on the ground, apathic and weak. Though one of them smelled the milk and tried to crawl towards it. When he finally reached it, the stoned woman took the milk and tossed it away, smiling, with totally vacant eyes.

I got so angry it sacared her off for a while and in the meantime I bought the only food I could find on the street, meat. When I brought them this meal very unfit for their age, the puppies started crying and yelling. They ate every last ounce of it, apparently in a state of pure panic.

I looked at the puppies starving to death, much too young to be without their mother. Then I went in and bought a pair of scissors in a 7-11 shop, and got a sturdy plastic shopping bag from a street seller. I cut the puppies strings and put them in the bag, not knowing what to do with them.

Fortunately a good organization will find proper homes for the puppies. But this can not happen until they are a bit older, and have been neutered, fully vaccinated etc. This will be when they are approximately 3-3,5 moths old. In the meantime the pups need to be in a caring foster home.

I am thinking that this would be great for a family/person who are not p[repared to take on the long-term responsability it means to adopt a dog, but at the same time would like to enjoy the companionship, affection and amusement that pets bring. Fostering puppies is especially rewarding.

I so hope that someone wants to help these tiny pups by providing them with a safe haven for a few months, until they are ready for adoption. If so, I will of course pay all costs involved in their care.

All costs will be covered. The puppies are only 5 weeks old and of course totally adorable!