Corn On My Heel

chaiyapoon

Have had a corn on my heel now for several years seems to be very slowly getting bigger.I've checked the net and doesn't seem to be a definative cure for it.I do the standard trimming the hard skin back every 4-6 weeks and this stops nearly all the pain.But it's not going away any time soon.

Anyone have any ideas how to get rid or at least reduce it?

No idea if you can find it or its equivalent in LOS, but "Pickles Ointment" is available in the UK from a good chemists. Contains 50% salicylic acid in a soft paraffin wax base - you just apply it for three days and bathe/soak your foot afterwards. Works for callouses and hard skin as well. Comes in a small (12 gram) tin, so you could easily get it posted from the UK.

Depending on the size of the corn, you could also use "Bazuka" - primarily used for verucca treatment but also for warts & corns. It looks like superglue and also contains salicylic acid; you put a drop on the corn and it forms a solid white cap to protect the covered area while it works on the corn etc.

http://www.bazuka.co.uk/

PS - I'm no doctor, but I did make a TV commercial for Bazuka! :o

Edited by Steve2UK

how about ,go to see a doctor , for surgery or maybe he will give you salicylic acid for soften the callus

Reducing the size of the callus yourself by soaking your callus in warm water and then using a pumice stone or Manicure File to lightly wear away the dead skin

Bambi

chaiyapoon,

try an over the counter drug called "Colomax" or "Colomack", available here in LOS. Just brush it over once or twice daily and it should come off after a few days when you take a shower. Really effective.

Edited by bonsaimax