August 13, 200521 yr Loads of it here in Beirut at only $20 / 100 Litres <{POST_SNAPBACK}> they say it's good for indoor plants
August 13, 200521 yr udon,it would appear that in the 20,000 odd tv members there are bugger all gardeners.
August 13, 200521 yr Well, I'm a gardner but I stick to orchids, lotus and lilies. We make nearly weekly forays to a nursery neighborhood outside of Korat and I have never seen vermiculite or perlite there. However, we did recently purchase an orchid handbook, in Thai, published here, which recommended both of those potting media. So, they must be readily available. Perhaps Tesco/Lotus stocks them. Next time I'm there I'll look and check the price for you. For orchids, I stick to dried coconut husk which I get for free from a neighbor who produces coconut oil. Potting soil rich in organic matter which, although not sterile, is fine for ordinary cuttings and is available for about 20 baht for five kilos, I believe.
August 14, 200521 yr Hi Udon AFM Group in Chiang Mai can supply vermiculite and perlite by mail order. Not sure of quantities, but 55 Baht for a bag. Plus postage. They supply other stuff for gardeners, but I'm not particularly impressed with the quality of the seeds. Apart from being reluctant to germinate, no instructions on the packs at all. I can't remember, but there may be a 1000 Baht minimum order. Best contact them by email and they can maybe help you. Let us know how you get on. Cheers Loong Here is the link http://www.afmgroup.com/details.asp?prodid...07&path=207,107
August 14, 200521 yr Author Thanks guys. I need to know as I don't want to haul a load to LOS if it's easy to buy locally. A 100l bag is 5' long and about 15" diameter for A$20 and that's for medium or coarse granules, coarse preferred. A bag for 55b would be quite small, I should imagine.
August 14, 200521 yr I haven't bought vermiculite or perlite from AFM so have no idea how big the bag is. Send them an email, I'm sure they will tell you
Create an account or sign in to comment