Fyi: Bangkok Bank Internet Banking Alive & Well

Some time back I posted the complalnt that I was refused Internet banking when I opened an account at BB's main branch even though I have an O-A visa. Well, Ian at BB promptly intervened and I returned to the bank, where I was treated like royalty and got suitably enrolled.So: (a) the Forum works; (B) Ian works -- hard; and © Internet banking at BB is available even for miserable pensioneers such as I.Just thought you might like to know...Shido

Edited by Shido

How do you apply to use Internet banking with Bangkok Bank?. l already have a Bangkok Bank a/c so do l go to my branch and request it. Thanks for any advice

yup thats it

Then ( if I remember correctly )the first time you set it up they sms you a password which you will change after login.

Highly recommend them also I think it is great we have someone like Ian from BB here on the forum

Edited by flying

Call at your Branch and request it. if you have a work permit should be no issues. If not, the staff may seek a bit more information. Process should take around one week. You will be issued with two pieces of information, one to your email address and the other to your mail address. Bring both pieces together for your initial log on and then change the allocated password if you wish to one of your choice.

Call at your Branch and request it. if you have a work permit should be no issues. If not, the staff may seek a bit more information. Process should take around one week. You will be issued with two pieces of information, one to your email address and the other to your mail address. Bring both pieces together for your initial log on and then change the allocated password if you wish to one of your choice.

Should take around ONE week :lol: I've been waiting for 4 weeks now for BK bank and just been told it will be another week or so, (Ian is on the case though :))

Went to Kasikorn opened an account because was fed up of waiting, account open and Internet banking was up and running in less than 24hrs !!!

Edited by CharlieH

Always surprising to hear the various experiences.

Mine was set as soon as I made my account. Went home & set it up.

Also I have no work permit.

You are correct. The staff can also establish the Internet Banking facility by registering you through the ATM facility .

You are correct. The staff can also establish the Internet Banking facility by registering you through the ATM facility .

Yes that was it !

Right after opening the account I was instructed to use their ATM

I had to get a slip out of the ATM & it had the first code on it to login

Edited by flying

I get it setup easily also. No work permit, O-A retirement visa. A fair amount of papers to sign, though. I think I got a code in the mail from them. I've used it a few times and plan to do more so soon...

I bank with USAA in the US. Fantastic website where I can do pretty much anything I want without having to speak with an agent. Spoiled!

Thanks to all those saying kind words, as a banker we do not hear them very often since the events of recent years :D I agree that many bankers in the UK and US were shown to be a total disgrace, so I am not defending them in any way.

If you have any problems with the application, please let me know via PM. I always deal with customer issues offline to protect your privacy, then you can post whatever you feel is right.

This is always a trickly balance, between customer convenience and protecting customers from identity theft. Some other banks have had serious problems with identity theft when they take a much loser approach. So we need to move prudently towards making registration and activation more and more convenient while maintaining the balance against online fraud.

Good luck.

Ian

:rolleyes:

Just for the record...I've found the Bangkok Bank branch on Soi 43 Sukhumvit Road to be very friendly and have always had good service there.

About two weeks ago I went to he closest Bangkok Bank branch near me. Tried to open an account for my 800K baht to be used for my retirement extension/visa. No way, couldn't do it, they said. No matter what I asked they insisted I couldn't open an account without a proof of income from my embessy. I've had a joint acount with my Thai girlfriend with Bangkok Bank which I've use to send money to her and her family since 1980 at least. But in my local branch, I couldn't open an account in my name.

So I drove across Bangkok to that Sukhumvit Soi 43 branch. It was like I had walked into a diffeent world. They were friendly and quite ready to open my account. 30 minutes and I walked out with my new bankbook, an ATM card , and my 800K deposited in the account for collection. Last week I had to send some money in Euro to a Greek man I owed money to. Went back to Sukhumvit Soi 43 and filled out a form to transfer the money from my joint acount to him. I had the info they wanted, they filled in the forms, I signed them and the money was on it's way. No problem.

Bottom line: if your having problems with the "no can do" replies...try that Bangkok Bank branch on Sukhumvit Soi 43. For whatever reason they seem far more accomadating to foriegners...as long as you have the documents they require. If you don't they are quite clear about what they need you to have; and once you do they do all they can to help you fill out the forms. (She even translated my Thai mail address from Thai letters, and wrote it down for me in English).

:lol:

Edited by IMA_FARANG