Police Clearance? Translate Marraige Certificate?

A couple of loose ends I need to tie up in the hopeful anticipation of getting the visa next week......

The missus may look for jobs in the NHS when she comes over. A friend told me that getting the Thai equivalent of a CRB check might be a good idea: Is it worth doing? And is

THIS what we need?

Second - is it worth getting the marriage certificate translated into English? I've been told a translation is useful to have alongside the visa, and can help in avoiding any difficulties at customs.

Any advice?

Yep, that's where your wife need's to go for the Police check.

My gf went to Special Branch a week ago (I posted here about it). The gf needed a copy of my passport and an "invite letter from me". Takes about 15 days ...no "Express" service :whistling:

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

My gf went to Special Branch a week ago (I posted here about it). The gf needed a copy of my passport and an "invite letter from me". Takes about 15 days ...no "Express" service :whistling:

http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry4024270

RAZZ

I would get your marriage certificate translated , for what it cost it will save you a lot of trouble , like when you open a bank account for her, also when you have to prove you are married. Not many people outside Thailand can read Thai.

Edited by Thongkorn

RAZZ

I would get your marriage certificate translated , for what it cost it will save you a lot of trouble , like when you open a bank account for her, also when you have to prove you are married. Not many people outside Thailand can read Thai.

Sounds like good advice.

Will sort it when I go over.

I am guessing it is the same process as doing the Affirmation of Marriage? i.e: translate, get the translation certified at MFA?

RAZZ

Sounds like good advice.

I am guessing it is the same process as doing the Affirmation of Marriage? i.e: translate, get the translation certified at MFA?

Do I need to get the translation certified? Can't seen anything about this on the web. Do I simply get a translation at any random bureau?

RAZZ

Sounds like good advice.

Do I need to get the translation certified? Can't seen anything about this on the web. Do I simply get a translation at any random bureau?

Anyone?

Do I need to get the translation certified?

Anyone?

Do I need to get the translation certified?

Most translation companies will automatically certify the translation. If not, you can have it done by any lawyer or Notary Public. We translate many different kinds of document, including marriage certificates, and we certify each document ( the cost is included in the translation cost ).

There is no need to have the translation certified by the MFA. This is normally done for translation of documents from English to Thai, for instance the Affirmation of Marriage.

My own marriage certificate is certified by our office, and I have used it in UK, for such things as dealing with my pension company, with no problem. Others may have details of incidents where the certified translations have not been accepted, but I have not heard of any such problems.

Hi VisaPlus,

Dont mean to sideline the OPs question, buti do understand translations of most things are normal, having visited the UK with GF 3 times now, we are thinkink of getting married in the new year, we both live in Thai and have for 4+years,im 58, she is 48, totlly together 5+years, and at the moment on Retirement visa, but i would like to make my dear old mum[and us}[happy by getting married.

So the question is, ive been married 3 times before, now would i have to produce and translate all these documents or only the last one?its a bit confusing that the Embassy site says "previous mariages" and others say previous marriage!

your thoughts please, Thanks, Lickey.

Hi VisaPlus,

Dont mean to sideline the OPs question, buti do understand translations of most things are normal, having visited the UK with GF 3 times now, we are thinkink of getting married in the new year, we both live in Thai and have for 4+years,im 58, she is 48, totlly together 5+years, and at the moment on Retirement visa, but i would like to make my dear old mum[and us}[happy by getting married.

So the question is, ive been married 3 times before, now would i have to produce and translate all these documents or only the last one?its a bit confusing that the Embassy site says "previous mariages" and others say previous marriage!

your thoughts please, Thanks, Lickey.

It does seem confusing, I must admit. My thoughts :-

I'm assuming that you are asking about the divorce certificate in order to obtain an " Affirmation of Freedom to Marry " from the Embassy or Consulate ? I think that just your last divorce certifcate is sufficient to show to the Embassy for the Affirmation. It shows that you are divorced, and ,therefore, free to marry. From memory, I think the Affirmation just states something like " I am single/divorced and free to marry ", and you put whichever one applies. You don't have to put " I am divorced x number of times ".