คุยกันภาษาไทย

Dara

เมื่อไม่นานมานี้ มีใครถามเรื่องคุยกันภาษาไทย แต่แล้วก็เงียบไป ยังมีใครสนใจคุยกันโดยใช้ภาษาไทยง่ายๆบ้างไหมเอ่ย?.......

อิอิอิ (Thai version of "hehehe") เราเองล่ะ :D ขอโทษที่หายเงียบไปนะคะ คราวนี้ลองกันใหม่แล้วกันนะ :o

Translation for the beginners:

Hehehe... that was me :D Sorry to have disappeared that time. Let's give it another try, shall we? :D

อิอิอิ (Thai version of "hehehe") เราเองล่ะ :D ขอโทษที่หายเงียบไปนะคะ คราวนี้ลองกันใหม่แล้วกันนะ  :o

Hehehe... that was me :D Sorry to have disappeared that time. Let's give it another try, shall we? :D

เิ่ริ่มหัวข้อกระทู้อะไรดี - ชอบดูหนัง ทีวี อาหาร หรีอมีอะไรอีก?

อิอิอิ (Thai version of "hehehe") เราเองล่ะ :D ขอโทษที่หายเงียบไปนะคะ คราวนี้ลองกันใหม่แล้วกันนะ  :o

ใครดูหนังเรื่องต้มยำกุ้งแล้วบ้าง หนังดีไหม

ผมไม่เคยดูหนังนั้นเพราะผมบินออกจากประเทศวันที่หนังออก!

มีไครที่ไม่ฅ้องดูดิคลายคั้งตอนพิมพ์นี่ไหม :D

มีไครที่ไม่ฅ้องดูดิคลายคั้งตอนพิมพ์นี่ไหม  :D

ฅ้องดูดิคลายคั้ง

what does it mean? sorry :o

Edited by BambinA

มีไครที่ไม่ฅ้องดูดิคลายคั้งตอนพิมพ์นี่ไหม  :D

ฅ้องดูดิคลายคั้ง

what does it mean? sorry :o

Numerous spelling cock-ups :D

ฅ้อง should be ต้อง.

ลาย should be หลาย

คั้ง should be ครั้ง

Is there anybody who doesn't have to look at a dictionary lots of times when typing this/here?

I should probably check the dictionary a few more times before I hit add reply! Although I blame the character map for dissapearing the ro-rhua letter in the last mistake...

เห็นแต่โฆษณา ยังไม่ได้ดูเลย เพิ่งดูองค์บาก สนุกดีเหมือนกัน ต้มยำกุ้งดีกว่า่ไหม? สไตล์การต่อสู้ผิดกับ Jet Li พอใช้.......

สงสัยยังฉายอยู่นะ มีคนลงทุนกันหลายล้าน ที่เขาี่คงอยากให้คืนมา:o

ได้ข่าวว่าจา พนม กำลังถูกทาบทามให้เล่นหน้งกับฮอลลีวู๊ด ทุนสูงขึ้นอีก....

อ้าว พิมพ์ไทยได้แล้วเหรอคะ ดีแล้ว เวลาพิมพ์ภาษาคาราโอเกะมันอ่านยากมาก! :D

ดูข่าวทางทีวี เห็นบอกว่ารายได้ถึง 200 ล้านบาทแล้ว ไม่น่าเชื่อ โทนี่ จา ฟีเวอร์แน่เลย

§ÑÂÂѧ©ÒÂÍÂÙè¹Ð ÁÕ¤¹Å§·Ø¹¡Ñ¹ËÅÒÂÅéÒ¹ ·Õèà¢ÒÕ褧ÍÂÒ¡ãËé¤×¹ÁÒ:D

¡ÃÕê´ .....Prefect Thai :o

Bambi :D

Hello Bambi or Meadish

I can understand everything written in this post, except for a tiny bit in the last sentence. Could one of you perhaps tell me about this word " à¢ÒÕè ". I just can't help thinking that maybe it's a typo, or that maybe my browser is not rendering the text properly, because I've never seen vowels and tone marks above a vowel, which is what I see here.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment you may be able to give me! :-)

I can understand everything written in this post, except for a tiny bit in the last sentence. Could one of you perhaps tell me about this word " à¢ÒÕè ". I just can't help thinking that maybe it's a typo, or that maybe my browser is not rendering the text properly, because I've never seen vowels and tone marks above a vowel, which is what I see here.

Looks like there's some problems with the font encoding on this thread, but that word is just appearing as เขา to me

Edited by mike_l

I can understand everything written in this post, except for a tiny bit in the last sentence. Could one of you perhaps tell me about this word " เขาี่ ". I just can't help thinking that maybe it's a typo, or that maybe my browser is not rendering the text properly, because I've never seen vowels and tone marks above a vowel, which is what I see here.

Looks like there's some problems with the font encoding on this thread, but that word is just appearing as เขา to me

Hi Mike

Strange ... very strange ... this is a screen dump of how Meadish's post appears in my browser. You will find the bit I find strange in the third sentence.

post-17180-1124705704_thumb.jpg

As you say, it's probably something to do with encoding or such. I've always found this site to be ... well ... very strange in the way it handles Thai text. And I know I'm not the only one. There was another thread a while ago about some of the strange behaviour that different people see.

I really would like to suggest to one of the moderators that they look into the text encoding that the forum uses. If we really want to have a "Thai language only" forum, I think they might need to set up a forum that actually encodes the text in Thai. I don't think this is done currently, which is why different people get some less-than-satisfactory results.

Just to add a little to my previous post, the forum is set to "ISO Latin 1". This is the relevant html:

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

I could be completely wrong about this, of course, but it seems that when some browsers see the user typing in Thai when the page is set to Latin, they convert the text and send it as HTML Character Entities (as you can see if you look through the HTML for the <title> tag in the current thread, and all of the Thai text except one my first one, which was sent as Thai and then mangled).

Now, *if* it is the case that some browsers are automatically doing this conversion, then others (mine included) certainly aren't, however, which is why some people see some of the posts (mine included, I know) as rubbish characters. My browser sends it in Unicode, so unless I remember to manually convert the Thai text to HTML entities before I submit a post in Thai, many people don't see what I've typed unless they manually change the encoding to Thai.

I know some people have also mentioned a problem with "raw reua" sometimes disappearing from their posts. I don't know if anyone's ever been able to supply an answer to that.

And I don't really understand why the same HTML character entities from Meadish's post are displaying differently in different browsers ... oh, well! :o

So as I see it at the moment, posting in Thai -- and sometimes reading what others have posted -- is not quite as simple as it could be for some users.

Of course, the current approach (using Latin encoding) does appear to work for a lot of the board members, and changing to unicode may cause problems for some of them ... so I guess there may not be an easy solution.

Nevertheless, I find it a bit sad that this is the only forum I've ever used where I run into regular encoding problems with Thai text ... because this is the best, most interesting and most active Thai language forum I've found! :D

Edited by Andrew Mac

กรี๊ด = the  scream sound too

ps..Mike, so u explain him then ..lol :D

Hi BambinA

Sorry I didn't explain my first post very well. It wasn't your word " กรี๊ด " that confused me (I understood that word) ... it was another one in Meadish's post. I hope I made the point a bit better in the posts above.

I guess that rather than use your post, it would have been better if I had gone back and quoted Meadish's original post instead. Sorry about the confusion I caused! :o

PS: Once again, I had to come back and edit this post because I forgot to convert one of the Thai words to HTML Entities :D It should be OK now ...

Edited by Andrew Mac

Hi Andrew Mac, thanks for your feedback.

While we are waiting for any changes to be made to the site, I'd recommend you try using the Mozilla Firefox Browser, which seems to be the one most regulars at Thaivisa are using - including me.

I went back and edited my post after the first time, because there were some problems. It could be that the editing function is handled differently in different browsers... We used to have a Thai text display problem with Firefox that has been corrected since. What browser are you using now?

Andrew,

I am no technical expert and don't understand this encoding lark, but my observation is that of all the posters who have posted in the language section in Thai, only your posts show up as hieroglyphics. I have no idea why this should be, but, for the record, I use IE.

Scouse.