Tot Adsl Access Settings

LivinLOS

Have just moved into a new house and the owner has left a TOT adsl package running for the house.

It has the crappy TOT ADSL modem and as soon as I run some torrents through it, it drops to its knees.. The connection seems relatively fast, as long as its not being heavily used but once you do pings go up, the modem chokes, the usual.

I have a spare modem, that handled my normal useage previously, but I dont know any of the TOT settings.

Is it possible to guess / work out the username from the phone number ??

VPI / VCI ??

Etc ??

username is your phone number @ whichever cyber package you are on (goldcyber or the like)

password is your phone number

vpi is 1

vci is 32

encapsulation is PPPoE LLC

protocol is G.dmt

Can't you 'see' these settings on your old modem?

username is your phone number @ whichever cyber package you are on (goldcyber or the like)

vpi is 1

vci is 32

protocol is G.dmt

No the current modem is password protected and my old modem wasnt using TOT.

So the only stumbling block is which 'cyber' package I have..

I assume if I try <telno>@silvercyber and <telnumber>@goldcyber thats all ?? Or are there other 'cyber' packages in the list ??

Looks like I am getting a ballpark 5mbit connection.

vpi is 1

vci is 32

protocol is G.dmt

No the current modem is password protected and my old modem wasnt using TOT.

So the only stumbling block is which 'cyber' package I have..

I assume if I try <telno>@silvercyber and <telnumber>@goldcyber thats all ?? Or are there other 'cyber' packages in the list ??

Looks like I am getting a ballpark 5mbit connection.

Well, I have gone from silvercyber to goldcyber, and now the latest for me, is <telno>@tothome.

If I recall there were a few others mentioned in another thread on TV.

Seems to me, that TOT should give you the settings. Have you tried?

Edited by BB1950

The modem password is probably the default, so few people change it.

Try username admin and password admin, password or just nothing. Works on may modems. Or google the model you have (or of course look on the modem for a sticker!)

I thought that the cyber endings would have changed!

I think the OP needs the username and password for TOT, not his new modem?

I found this thread by searching.

In my case:

RFC 2516 PPPoE

LLC

UBR

VPI=1

VCI=32

G.dmt

User Name = 02nnnnnnn@tothome

Password = 02nnnnnnn

(where 02nnnnnnn is my telephone number)

There seems to be some variation in the username protocol; I've seen some passwords that incorporate the speed of the package, like @ tothome4.

I use their DNS offerings, one of which is Google.

I think the OP needs the username and password for TOT, not his new modem?

I found this thread by searching.

<snip>

It could be @tothome, @tothome4m, @tothome8m or @tothomeplus, amongst others of course.

A year ago, my first TOT modem came wrongly programmed with @tothome. I was on the 8mbps service and it took a few hours before the TOT &lt;deleted&gt; who programmed it got it right - "@tothome8m".

Then today, quite coincidentally, I went to my new house to get my 9/1 service working and again the modem came preprogrammed with @tothome. I suggested to the guy who eventually turned up to sort it out, that maybe it wasn't "@tothome". I could tell he thought I was daft to suggest such a thing, but he called his boss and they found out that it should be "@tothomeplus".

I had no problems in the old days with TT&T. They would give you your User Name, Password and protocol details printed out from their computer. It always worked. TOT seem to have a bunch of "installers" who were taught that the User Name must be "@tothome" and it takes quite an effort to get them to think otherwise.

Thanks for all who helped...

A Bit of tinkering got me into the speedtouch modem settings (user admin password TOT) where I was set up as <phone number>@goldcyber..

My net went crappy yesterday and I started doing this after it actually failed.. So I wasnt sure if any failure was my settings or the TOT adsl.. Phone call to tech support and they told me it shouldnt be goldcyber and should be platinumcyber..

Got the speedtouch working again (to test) and the pings were awful, line kept dropping, so I exchanged to my own modem and all is now fast and solid. Amazing the difference an aftermarket modem makes, torrents humming along in the background and all fine. Really for all the unhappy customers it must make you would think they could give a working piece of hardware.