Location Immigration Office In Bangkok?

Make it official and post the location in a pinned topic, I'd say. Otherwise people keep asking in several threads.

Actually there is a pinned topic:

In there there are two threads about locations of immigration:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=101110579867335234058.000465f03d84d91df360b&t=h&z=6

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Immigration-Office-List-t302107.html&view=findpost&p=3041544#entry3041544

It is a bit hidden, but we can't do it differently. Otherwise people would need to scroll down a whole page before they would come to the forum posts itself.

Can you not use the immigation office in Saun Plu for visa exentions etc is it now closed. thesign out side stil says immigration department?

Suan Plu can only be used for re-entry permits and is rumored to do extensions of tourist visas also, but have not seen confirmation of this last one.

Only naitonals of Laos, Burma and Cambodia can use Suan Plu.

Make it official and post the location in a pinned topic, I'd say. Otherwise people keep asking in several threads.

Actually there is a pinned topic: http://www.thaivisa....a-descriptions/

(...)It is a bit hidden, but we can't do it differently. Otherwise people would need to scroll down a whole page before they would come to the forum posts itself.

No problem, but it's so hidden that I cannot find it. The idea is to just send the people a link showing the map of the new Chaeng Watttana location and how to get there in reposnse to their query.

Can you not use the immigation office in Saun Plu for visa exentions etc is it now closed. thesign out side stil says immigration department?

You can still use the immigration jail in Suan Plu, if you overstay or work without a work permit and can't buy yourself out, but do practice living on a proteinless diet of broken rice and sleeping standing up first. Oh, and don't forget to update your vaccinations too.

Edited by Arkady

"Suan Plu can only be used for re-entry permits and is rumored to do extensions of tourist visas also, but have not seen confirmation of this last one.

Only nationals of Laos, Burma and Cambodia can use Suan Plu."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suan Plu is mainly used to provide immigration services for nationals from the countries mentioned above. The 90 day reporting queues are a mob scene and all outside forcing these poor folks to wait hours and sweat for their reporting duty.

The one service that Suan Plu provides for other foreigners is re-entry permits - BUT ... only on Saturday mornings between 8:30am and 12 noon. No other days or times or service than this. This service is provided inside in air-conditioned relative comfort compared with the way the Laotians, Burmese and Cambodians are treated.

I accompanied my Burmese maid there one time and had my eyes opened by the mob scene. A scruffy looking guy who flashed me his Immigration security badge (plain clothes guys covertly watching for illegal activity) told me about the re-entry service and time.

You can still use the immigration jail in Suan Plu, if you overstay or work without a work permit and can't buy yourself out, but do practice living on a proteinless diet of broken rice and sleeping standing up first. Oh, and don't forget to update your vaccinations too.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

"Suan Plu can only be used for re-entry permits and is rumored to do extensions of tourist visas also, but have not seen confirmation of this last one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suan Plu is mainly used to provide immigration services for nationals from the countries mentioned above. The 90 day reporting queues are a mob scene and all outside forcing these poor folks to wait hours and sweat for their reporting duty.

The one service that Suan Plu provides for other foreigners is re-entry permits - BUT ... only on Saturday mornings between 8:30am and 12 noon. No other days or times or service than this. This service is provided inside in air-conditioned relative comfort compared with the way the Laotians, Burmese and Cambodians are treated.

I accompanied my Burmese maid there one time and had my eyes opened by the mob scene. A scruffy looking guy who flashed me his Immigration security badge (plain clothes guys covertly watching for illegal activity) told me about the re-entry service and time.

OK, please come again. Suan Plu is much for convenient for me to reach than Chaeng Wattana, so I'd like to understand this clearly/

1.) Re-entry: Used to be a matter of less than half an hour from arrival to departure, no problem. You are saying this is only possible on Saturday mornings now, but is it still efficient and fast in that air-conditioned room? I'll have to make a re-entry soon, but since this happens only once a year, I can drive to Chaeng Wattana.

2.) 90-day reporting. Used to be a matter of "in and out", no big deal, and filling out the form being the part that took the most time. Are you saying this has changed and I'd better do it at Chaeng Wat now?

• 5 months later...

OK, please come again. Suan Plu is much for convenient for me to reach than Chaeng Wattana, so I'd like to understand this clearly/

1.) Re-entry: Used to be a matter of less than half an hour from arrival to departure, no problem. You are saying this is only possible on Saturday mornings now, but is it still efficient and fast in that air-conditioned room? I'll have to make a re-entry soon, but since this happens only once a year, I can drive to Chaeng Wattana.

2.) 90-day reporting. Used to be a matter of "in and out", no big deal, and filling out the form being the part that took the most time. Are you saying this has changed and I'd better do it at Chaeng Wat now?

I'll clarify -

1) Re-Entry: Possible only on Saturday mornings at Suan Plu for foreigners. I don't know if it is fast or efficient as I have not used it yet. It is air conditioned.

2) 90-day reporting. Cannot do this at Suan Plu unless you are Burmese or Lao, or Cambodian.