'report Button'

The_Moog

This is a useful tool and counterpoint to Rule 5.

However whilst breaking Rule 5 is considered a cardinal sin and provokes instant response, the use of the Report Button, in the proper way, results in no feedback.

No doubt comments from the Report Button are read somewhere, but if its all done invisibly then its less of an incentive to use it.........(which is bad, because its the way that Admin wants the Rules followed)

Why not :-

1) make the report button bright red.

2) ask the Moderator to acknowledge the report

You might say 'well the Moderator doesn't have the time,' but if people get more accustomed to reporting, the Moderator saves time in the long run.

I've used the report button about 5 or 6 times... and had responses from admin/mods for about 3.

I know the mods/admin are busy but I must admit, a response every time (if only to say the OP you reported was OK or not) would be appreciated.

Look at the shear numbers of folks onboard this forum at any given hour 24/7 and say it's practical for a mod to answer each and every 'report'.

I've used the button, half a dozen times in the time I've been registered and had a mod remit maybe half the time.

Look at the shear numbers of folks onboard this forum at any given hour 24/7 and say it's practical for a mod to answer each and every 'report'.

I've used the button, half a dozen times in the time I've been registered and had a mod remit maybe half the time.

Is it worth asking on which user(s)? :o

I have used the 'report' button on many occasions.

I get the wanted response on most occasions but only get a reply about 30 percent of the time.

The Mod most likely to reply is Dr PP.

This is because he is a well educated, compassionate, civilised gentleman with respect courtesy and understanding.

I don't mind either way whether anyone writes back...it can be an automated reply really.

But the report button does work, and if people feel its true feeback ...

(not 'thank you for your input, we apologise for any inconvenience caused')

...then they'll use it.

Otherwise we (me) may have a tendency to post a reply slagging off publicly why something has been allowed to stand, and then ....well that actually gets the whistleblower into more trouble than the original poster.

Like in football where the person committing the foul gets a yellow card and the person who's been fouled gets a red card after he bops him back.

I've used the report button about 5 or 6 times... and had responses from admin/mods for about 3.

I know the mods/admin are busy but I must admit, a response every time (if only to say the OP you reported was OK or not) would be appreciated.

Yep, I've reported on Jai Dee a few times.....only 'cause he gets one over on me now and then. :o

The Mod most likely to reply is Dr PP.

This is because he is a well educated, compassionate, civilised gentleman with respect courtesy and  understanding.

...and an Aussie!!! :D

Yep, I've reported on Jai Dee a few times.....only 'cause he gets one over on me now and then . :o

That's a very not-so-subtle understatement... :D

:D