Renewing 1 Year License

i renewed my car & motorcycle licenses last week @ Nang Rong. I used one residency certificate and a photocopy as they are 500 baht each @ Nahkon Ratchasima immigration.

I had 2 medical certificates as they are only 50 baht each. When my wife (Thai) renewed hers in October, she had to do the colour blindness, depth perception & reaction test, as well as watch a 45 minute safety video. I didn't sit any tests or watch the safety video. I think that was because I arrived @ 11am they didn't have enough time to fit it all in before closing for lunch @ 12 noon......LOL

I have a question! :D

Do you actually need both a motorcycle and a car license?

I've only ever had a Thai car license, and over the past 11+ years have presented it literally dozens of times while riding a bike in Samui, BKK, Phuket, Pattaya and Chiangmai, and have never had so much as a bat of the eyelid, even when being fined for other traffic offenses..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I have a question! :D

Do you actually need both a motorcycle and a car license?

I've only ever had a Thai car license, and over the past 11+ years have presented it literally dozens of times while riding a bike in Samui, BKK, Phuket, Pattaya and Chiangmai, and have never had so much as a bat of the eyelid, even when being fined for other traffic offenses..

By Thai law the answer is yes you need both license. You have been lucky but TIT.