Guess How Much I Miss You In Thai **Help**

dsa282s

Hello all. Does anyone on this board read and write Thai? If so, can you tell me if this is a good translation or not? We did this record a book for our adopted daughter and I wanted to translate it into Thai, but if it is not a good translation I'll leave it off. Any advice is appreciated.

Guess how much I miss you

เท่าใดฉันคิดถึงเธอ

For Siri. Guess how much we miss you! Are you missing us too? Let’s read this book together. We love you! Love Mommy, Daddy, Dale and Jack.

สำหรับศิริ เดาว่าเราคิดถึงคุณมาก! คุณไม่ได้รับเราด้วยหรือไม่ ลองอ่านหนังสือเล่มนี้เข้าด้วยกัน เรารักคุณ! แม่รักพ่อเดลและแจ็ค

You know that I love you more than words could ever say. But do you know how much I miss you when I’m far away?

เธอรู้ว่าฉันรักเธอมากกว่าเคยได้คำพูด คุณมี แต่รู้ว่าฉันคิดถึงคุณเมื่อฉันอยู่ห่างไกล?

I miss you more than flowers would miss the sun.

ฉันคิดถึงคุณมากขึ้นกว่าดอกไม้จะพลาดดวงอาทิตย์

I miss you more than a squirrel would miss his favorite tree.

ฉันคิดถึงคุณมากขึ้นกว่ากระรอกจะคิดถึงต้นไม้ที่เขาชื่นชอบ

I miss you more than eagles would miss the chance to fly.

ฉันคิดถึงคุณมากขึ้นกว่านกอินทรีจะพลาดโอกาสที่จะบิน

I miss you more than a dolphin would miss the sea.

ฉันคิดถึงคุณมากขึ้นกว่าโลมาจะคิดถึงทะเล

I miss you every day that we’re apart, but I don’t feel too blue….

ฉันคิดถึงคุณวันที่เราออกจากกันทุกครั้ง แต่ฉันไม่รู้สึกเศร้าเกินไป ...

…because I know that with each day , I’m one day closer to seeing you. We love you Siri!

... เพราะฉันรู้ว่าที่มีในแต่ละวันผมวันหนึ่งอย่างใกล้ชิดว่าจะได้พบคุณ เรารักคุณศิริ!

Guess how much I miss you

เธอไม่รู้หรอกว่าฉันคิดถึงเธอมากแค่ไหน

For Siri. Guess how much we miss you! Are you missing us too? Let's read this book together. We love you! Love Mommy, Daddy, Dale and Jack.

ถึงศิริ เธอไม่รู้หรอกว่าเราคิดถึงคุณมากแค่ไหน เธอก็คงคิดถึงเราเหมือนกันใช่หรือไม่ เรามาอ่านหนังสือเรื่องนี้ด้วยกัน พวกเรารักคุณ! รักแม่ รักพ่อ รักเดลและแจ็ค

You know that I love you more than words could ever say. But do you know how much I miss you when I'm far away?

เธอก็รู้ว่าฉันรักเธอมากกว่าที่จะเอ่ยออกมาเป็นคำพูดได้ แต่เธอไม่รู้หรอกว่าฉันคิดถึงเธอมากแค่ไหนเมื่อฉันอยู่ไกลอย่างนี้?

I miss you more than flowers would miss the sun.

ฉันคิดถึงเธอมากกว่าดอกไม้จะคิดถึงพระอาทิตย์

I miss you more than a squirrel would miss his favorite tree.

ฉันคิดถึงเธอมากกว่ากระรอกจะคิดถึงต้นไม้ที่เขาชื่นชอบ

I miss you more than eagles would miss the chance to fly.

ฉันคิดถึงเธอมากกว่านกอินทรีจะคิดถึงการโบยบิน

I miss you more than a dolphin would miss the sea.

ฉันคิดถึงเธอมากกว่าโลมาจะคิดถึงทะเล

I miss you every day that we're apart, but I don't feel too blue….

ฉันคิดถึงคุณวันที่เราห่างจากกัน แต่ฉันไม่รู้สึกเศร้าเกินไป ...

…because I know that with each day , I'm one day closer to seeing you. We love you Siri!

... เพราะฉันรู้ว่าในแต่ละวันที่ผ่านไป หมายถึงอีกหนึ่งวันที่ฉันใกล้จะได้พบเธอ เรารักเธอศิริ!

I adjusted some words for smooth sentences. Hope these help.

Edited by joy16

คุณจอบครับ

ผู้ตั้งคำถามจะเป็นพ่อแม่บุญธรรมของเด็ก ถ้าเขาจะใช้คำว่า "ลูก" แทนคำว่า "เธอ" จะดีกว่าไหม?

ถ้าเป็นพ่อแม่บุญธรรมก็ใช้คำว่า "ลูก" ดีกว่าค่ะใน 2 ย่อหน้าแรก แต่ประโยคที่มีการเปรียบเทียบความคิดถึงกับสิ่งต่างๆ ใช้คำว่า "เธอ" จะคล้องจองกันมากกว่าค่ะ

พอดีตอนแปลอ่านไม่ละเอียดเลยไม่เห็นที่เจ้าของกระทู้บอกว่าจะเขียนถึงลูกบุญธรรม

ป.ล.ชื่อจอยค่ะ ไม่ใช่จอบ (อิอิ อันนี้แซวเล่นนะคะ)

Edited by joy16

ถ้าเป็นพ่อแม่บุญธรรมก็ใช้คำว่า "ลูก" ดีกว่าค่ะใน 2 ย่อหน้าแรก แต่ประโยคที่มีการเปรียบเทียบความคิดถึงกับสิ่งต่างๆ ใช้คำว่า "เธอ" จะคล้องจองกันมากกว่าค่ะ

พอดีตอนแปลอ่านไม่ละเอียดเลยไม่เห็นที่เจ้าของกระทู้บอกว่าจะเขียนถึงลูกบุญธรรม

ป.ล.ชื่อจอยค่ะ ไม่ใช่จอบ (อิอิ อันนี้แซวเล่นนะคะ)

ขอโทษทีคุณจอยครับ ผมพิมพ์ผิด ขอบคุณมากที่ตอบมา

Joy16 - Thank you so much! I really appreciate this!

David and Joy - What were the last few posts in Thai about. Did I write something that would be innapropriate to send?

Thanks again! Danyel

David and Joy - What were the last few posts in Thai about. Did I write something that would be innapropriate to send?

Thanks again! Danyel

I was just asking Joy for a clarification. She answered my question. Please follow her advice. Best of luck to you on your adoption.

Thanks David -

We are planning to travel to Bangkok in May of 2011. I have been enjoying learning about the amazing Thai culture. I am trying to learn the language, but find it difficult.

Anyhow, Thanks again! Danyel

Thanks again! Danyel

I was just asking Joy for a clarification. She answered my question. Please follow her advice. Best of luck to you on your adoption.

David and Joy -

I have one more question. Does this say "Guess how much I miss her" or "Guess how much I miss you"? Maybe I am reading it wrong. We are sending this to Thailand and I hope to write "Guess how much I miss you".

เธอไม่รู้หรอกว่าฉันคิดถึงเธอมากแค่ไหน

I'll hold off on writing it in the book till I hear from you. Thanks! Danyel

Thanks David -

We are planning to travel to Bangkok in May of 2011. I have been enjoying learning about the amazing Thai culture. I am trying to learn the language, but find it difficult.

Anyhow, Thanks again! Danyel

Thanks again! Danyel

คุณ khoon is a somewhat formal word for "you"--เธอ ter can mean "her", "him", or "you" depending on the context, and when it means "you" it's typically used in familiar or intimate situations, so here it's definitely a better choice than คุณ.

In David and Joy's exchange earlier, David asked if it wouldn't be better to use ลูก luuk (child), which can also mean "you", and is often used by parents or parental figures when talking to children. Joy replied that yes, ลูก could be used in place of เธอ, but for the "I miss you more than..." bits, เธอ sounds better.

I hope I haven't muddled things for you... if you're in doubt, just stick with what Joy wrote. It's a very good translation, and it isn't incorrect or open to any misinterpretation the way it is.

(And one more little note: beware of machine translators! Joy says that she only "smoothed over" the translation, but in fact much of the original was gibberish and she basically rewrote it from scratch. Meaning in Thai is often very sensitive to context (as you can see with the word เธอ) and computers simply aren't able to figure out the context in the way humans can.)

Thanks so much. That explains it. I just wanted to be sure it said "you", as if she was reading it and not "her", as if I were speaking to someone else about her.

So, I have printed what you wrote Joy. I am putting it in the mail today.

Joy - **HUGS** Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help on this!

Danyel

คุณ khoon is a somewhat formal word for "you"--เธอ ter can mean "her", "him", or "you" depending on the context, and when it means "you" it's typically used in familiar or intimate situations, so here it's definitely a better choice than คุณ.

In David and Joy's exchange earlier, David asked if it wouldn't be better to use ลูก luuk (child), which can also mean "you", and is often used by parents or parental figures when talking to children. Joy replied that yes, ลูก could be used in place of เธอ, but for the "I miss you more than..." bits, เธอ sounds better.

I hope I haven't muddled things for you... if you're in doubt, just stick with what Joy wrote. It's a very good translation, and it isn't incorrect or open to any misinterpretation the way it is.

(And one more little note: beware of machine translators! Joy says that she only "smoothed over" the translation, but in fact much of the original was gibberish and she basically rewrote it from scratch. Meaning in Thai is often very sensitive to context (as you can see with the word เธอ) and computers simply aren't able to figure out the context in the way humans can.)