Byo In Chiang Rai

DangerousDavies

I was wondering how taking your own wine to local restaurants would go down?

Most of them have a pretty poor selection, some of the Thai places not offering plonk at all.

I was at Don's Cafe the other day and he doesn't have much either.

I suppose taking your own corkscrew would help as well.

Anyone had any experiences here?

It isn't an issue in most places, if they are Thai run. Maybe a few of the western folks would get irritated by it.

The times I have gone with Thais to enjoy dinner and a drink, they bring their own bottle of whatever and the staff provide glasses and ice without being asked. Very common here. Maybe a few of the upscale hotels would find a problem with it also. Never hurts to ask. In my dealings, I would just assume it is okay based on past experience.

It isn't an issue in most places, if they are Thai run. Maybe a few of the western folks would get irritated by it.

The times I have gone with Thais to enjoy dinner and a drink, they bring their own bottle of whatever and the staff provide glasses and ice without being asked. Very common here. Maybe a few of the upscale hotels would find a problem with it also. Never hurts to ask. In my dealings, I would just assume it is okay based on past experience.

The Nipawadee (sp?) restaurant added a small byo "cover charge" to our bill last week.