Russian Mafia Active In Thailand: US Embassy Cables

george

The Russians are just as bad as the Americans. If that make you American happy.

And Thai :P ??

LaoPo

Are you saying Russia, America and Thailand are in the same boat Ethically, morally? Are you saying that the same freedoms are guaranteed? Are you saying that elections are conducted with the same transparency and standard of fairness? Perhaps you could give me a run down of the Russian and Thai bill of rights.

And you really wonder why some people think you are anti American? You really wonder?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wonder, is this topic meant to open another round of Yankee-bashing?

Or maybe open an discussion about the Russian mob taking over Pattaya and Phuket?

Last time in Pattaya I just wondered how it is possible for Russian women to work in clubs.

Owned by Russians of course.

On the topic of the wikileaks, I wonder why only US documents are so much pushed.

Why no Chinese, Russian, Arab, Iran, Turkish?

Is that becasue of a personal thing, or maybe translation is the problem.

It's because the US whistleblower handed the documents to WikiLeaks.

It would be interesting though to have some whistleblowers from other countries as well. Every country in the west have some but not from inside the "secret" diplomatic traffic..yet.

Of course language is a hurdle but not dramatic; leaked documents could be translated.

LaoPo

In China? In Iran? In Russia? In Thailand? In North Korea? Ya sure. But why not?

LaoPo

Are you saying Russia, America and Thailand are in the same boat Ethically, morally? Are you saying that the same freedoms are guaranteed? Are you saying that elections are conducted with the same transparency and standard of fairness? Perhaps you could give me a run down of the Russian and Thai bill of rights.

And you really wonder why some people think you are anti American? You really wonder?

:blink:...

Didn't you see my :P...?

LaoPo

I just wonder, is this topic meant to open another round of Yankee-bashing?

Or maybe open an discussion about the Russian mob taking over Pattaya and Phuket?

Last time in Pattaya I just wondered how it is possible for Russian women to work in clubs.

Owned by Russians of course.

On the topic of the wikileaks, I wonder why only US documents are so much pushed.

Why no Chinese, Russian, Arab, Iran, Turkish?

Is that becasue of a personal thing, or maybe translation is the problem.

It's because the US whistleblower handed the documents to WikiLeaks.

It would be interesting though to have some whistleblowers from other countries as well. Every country in the west have some but not from inside the "secret" diplomatic traffic..yet.

Of course language is a hurdle but not dramatic; leaked documents could be translated.

LaoPo

In China? In Iran? In Russia? In Thailand? In North Korea? Ya sure. But why not?

Yes, why not?

LaoPo

Interesting how all the cables and leaks are dirt about other countries, seems USA is as clean as they come.:whistling:

The leaks came from US intelligence. Do you reckon the Russians or the British or the Whomever would be saying bad things about themselves?

Use your brain for more than holding your ears apart.

Interesting how all the cables and leaks are dirt about other countries, seems USA is as clean as they come.:whistling:

The leaks came from US intelligence. Do you reckon the Russians or the British or the Whomever would be saying bad things about themselves?

Right, so the intelligence only sees some things but totally over looks others, no matter how clear and obvious those arewhistling.gif

LaoPo

:blink:...

Didn't you see my :P...?

LaoPo

Sorry I tend not to notice smiley faces. I will try and pay more attention.

With so many experts on this board, can someone please teach me on how to spot Russian Mafia

What would be the signs to look for?

1. Ugly man

2. If cafe full of Russian men, would they all be mafia?

3. Russian wearing an original brand name clothing?

4. Russian wearing jewelry?

5. Russian owns a business in Thailand?

6. Russian with a bottle in the bar/club?

7. Russian walking or sitting with more then 1 woman?

8. Russian who looks and acts aggressive?

it seems many have watched too many movies to "spot" Russian mafia, byt perhaps those were not very aware that the reason why Russian mafia is so successful is because they do not have identifying marks, are well trained, and usually never "advertise" who they are and what they do. Not to mention that most are an ex-KGB..

So i really would love to know how "experts" are spotting Russian mafia just by walking on Walking street or sitting in the cafe.

PS. Russian girls dancing on Walking street, do not need to be part of mafia. simple "donations"gets them work permits or "an ok" from immigration which can be achieved by any bar owners, really does not need to be mafia.

Right, so the intelligence only sees some things but totally over looks others, no matter how clear and obvious those arewhistling.gif

Kuffki, You are missing the point. They are not communications about the shortcomings of the US diplomatic corps or the US government. They are messages from the US diplomatic corps.

Teachers having a meeting about grading students do not discuss the shortcomings of teachers.

Students have discussions about shortcomings of teachers.

The Russian mafia does not write internal memos about how great the DEA is.

The Red shirts don't discuss how bad other Red shirts are.

It is not that the US diplomatic corps does not know the US is not perfect or is responsible for wrong doing but it is not in the scope of their job function to write about it.

I only know one Russian mafia guy. But actually he is from Estonia. How do I know he is with the Russian mafia? He carries a big pistol and owns a couple of smaller bars off of Walking street. He knows other guys who carry bit pistols. And they say Da a lot. He calls me “Stosh the pollock.” I don't know why he does that. My name is not Stosh and I am not Polish. But I have never corrected him. He is a fun guy if you know him.

Looking at the clubs with the ladies from the Ukraine and other former Soviet block countries advertising so openly and in violation of the law I don't think it is a stretch to make the connection between the clubs and organized crime. And since all the ladies are from former Soviet block countries, one would assume it is an Eastern European crime syndicate.

Kuffki, You are missing the point. They are not communications about the shortcomings of the US diplomatic corps or the US government. They are messages from the US diplomatic corps.

Teachers having a meeting about grading students do not discuss the shortcomings of teachers.

Students have discussions about shortcomings of teachers.

The Russian mafia does not write internal memos about how great the DEA is.

The Red shirts don't discuss how bad other Red shirts are.

It is not that the US diplomatic corps does not know the US is not perfect or is responsible for wrong doing but it is not in the scope of their job function to write about it.

Ohh ok, thanks for the explanation-does make more sense

PS. The first intelligent comment.

Looking at the clubs with the ladies from the Ukraine and other former Soviet block countries advertising so openly and in violation of the law I don't think it is a stretch to make the connection between the clubs and organized crime. And since all the ladies are from former Soviet block countries, one would assume it is an Eastern European crime syndicate.

I would agree IF this was not Thailand.

Nudity is also illegal yet it is very open.

I have no doubt that bringing the girls here is part of crime syndicate, but as a bar owner, one does not have to be one.

Most of this girls are actually brought from Armenia, Uzbek, but they are Russians living there, where the mob gets involved is with their visa's to leave the home country and to stay in Thailand. however the girls are not forced or extorted or anything like that. they are here working until they pay off the visa's and airfare and after that all the money they earn are theirs.

The point i was trying to make with my earlier post is that too mant "experts" have posted things like yeah its so clear because they saw a guy or a guy sat next to them and so on.

As i think you recall, i speak almost fluent Russian and i can tell you for a fact i do not know "real" Russian mafia. I know a few "wanna be" Russian Mafia and a few "try to be" but not the real deal.

The hands of Russian Mob no doubt extends to Thailand, but it is rather limited and small.

If you really want to see Russian mob, visit some of the Middle Eastern countries

They are the saviours of the universe everyone knows that.ermm.gif

America was definitely the primary saviour of the Western World in WWl & WWll, but, alas, the world has a short memory. Now it's the country that the world loves to hate ... and, ironically, loves to emulate.

As i think you recall, i speak almost fluent Russian and i can tell you for a fact i do not know "real" Russian mafia. I know a few "wanna be" Russian Mafia and a few "try to be" but not the real deal.

So, we now have wannabee Russian mafia joining the ranks of wanabee ex SAS, wannabee hansum men, wannabee tourist police, wannabee big men, wannabee hi-so, wannabee high flyer in small pond called Patttaya, wannabee everything except a sex-pat? In Pattaya, there's lots of wannabees and I am sure Russian mafia wannabees will feel right at home.:lol:

America was definitely the primary saviour of the Western World in WWl & WWll, but, alas, the world has a short memory.

I only hope you are joking with this statement

America was definitely the primary saviour of the Western World in WWl & WWll, but, alas, the world has a short memory.

I only hope you are joking with this statement

Actually, Great Britain and France, Russia, USA (and some many others)

America was definitely the primary saviour of the Western World in WWl & WWll, but, alas, the world has a short memory. Now it's the country that the world loves to hate ... and, ironically, loves to emulate.

Emulate really!!!!! by copying the great financial institutes and culinary contributions to the world and lets not mention wars .............

Emulate really!!!!! by copying the great financial institutes and culinary contributions to the world and lets not mention wars .............

95% agree

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Next you will be saying Bagdad was awash with WMD