Help With Visa Run From Khon Kaen

Hi

So im staying in Khon Kaen and I am having a hard time finding a travel agency that provides Visa runs. In tourist places travel agencys are all over the place. Last time i did a Visa run i went from Samui to Malaysia with a minivan. Paid 5000 bht and one night stay. Is there any simililar Travel agencies here in Khon Kaen ? My visa Expires 1st of Decemeber. I have European passport. I wanna do a Visa run to Laos and get 90 days. Right now i have 30 days visa on arrival.

Question is, where can i get one of the Visa run tours ? Anyone have a adress to a Travel Agency in Khon Kaen?

Regards

Edited by Dirty80s

Not one that I know of.

It is quite easy to get the bus to the border at Nong Kai.

You will then need to visit the Thai Consulate in Vientienne and apply for a Tourist Visa. This will give 60 days and can be extended at Khon Kaen Immigration for a further 30 days.

There is even a bus that leaves Kohn Kaen and goes to Vientienne but you would need your Laos Visa in advance.

There is a Laos Consulate in Khon Kaen.

It is now the 7th of December so hope your permission to stay is not what you are saying expired on 1 December. And a tourist visa is only 60 days but you can extend for another 30 days at immigration.

Just get transportation to Nong Khai and cross the bridge into Laos and follow the others to Vientiane for a tourist visa and return. No need for special transportation or payments.

As you are not in one of the main tourist hotspots you are going to have to do this on your own.

Easiest thing is to jump on the Khon Kaen > Mukdaharn bus which will drop you off at the Muk bus station.

From there you can wait for the border bus or get a samlor to the Friendship Bridge II.

The bus will stop at immigration on both sides, and on the Lao side you will need to purchase a visa for bt1500 (if you go by samlor you can get a bus ticket and get on at the Thai immigration point).

Proceed to Savannakhet by using the bus (which goes on to the bus station in Savannakhey) then by samlor or taxi to find a hotel. There is a hotel about 5 mins walk from the Thai Consulate looking over the Mehkong, cheap and cheerful, but serves the purpose.

Aim to get to Savannkhet as early as possible as the Consulate shuts in the afternoon for applications. If you qualify for a Non Imm visa you may get one, but make sure you have all the necessary paperwork. You may find that they will not issue one, or warn you that they will not issue another one there for you.

If they won't issue a Non Imm visa then go for the Tourist Visa (60 days).

You will need to go back the next day to collect.

Back to the bus station, across the border and back to KK.

Now, I have assumed you don't have your own transport, but if you have a car/truck.. then you can drive to the Friendship Bridge and leave the car in secure parking (then follow the instructions for getting on the bus at immigration).

Actually, thinking about it, if you use the secure parking they have their own minibuses that can take you over the bridge.

You could always drive over in to Laos, but thats a kettle of fish I don't know about.

Another, you mention your visa expired which I am taking to mean your entry permit (permission to stay) has expired. In this case don't forget there will be a fine to pay - go straight to the office and they will collect the fine and stamp you put at the same time (the office entrance is to the left where the big trucks go)

Good luck, I hve been brief, so ask any specific questions you may have.

Totster :D

Edited by Totster

<P>if you have time get your visa from Laos Consulate on Prachasomosorn Road (before 12.00). Ask for express service and you will get it back in 10 minutes (200 baht extra). Go straight to the Bus Station on Klang Mueang (near Kaen Inn) and the ticket office for the Thai-Laos international bus service is in the middle aisle at one end (first window on left). Then buy your ticket for the afternoon bus (15.15) and that will drop you off, eventually, at Vientiane Bus Station. From there get a tuk tuk to the 'Phone Pseuth Guesthouse' (550 baht per night) which is located within walking distance of most of the bars and restaurants. The tuk tuk drivers in Laos make bangkok tuk tuk drivers appear meek by comparison. Bus station to guesthouse, no more than 100 baht all in, haggle there is plenty of choice. If no takers walk away and one will break rank and take you for 100 baht.<BR>If you are on overstay its not a good idea to take the international bus because you will be detained why you pay the fine and the bus will not wait for you. My advice is take one of the early morning trains about 05.00 and 08.00 (please check) and they stop 600m from the bridge. After checking into Laos get a tuk tuk to the above guesthouse for about 200-250(no more). People in the hotel and in the bars will give you the way to get to the embassy and what to do. If you have any problems obtaining a visa you can ring a Mr Seng Banlusak(good English) 0206775733 and for about 2000 baht he will get your tourist visa and deliver it to your hotel next day. You can get your visa back same day for about 4500 baht negotiable. Know many who used him to avoid the queues, great service nice guy. If you need any further info please im me</P>

Do some searches on KhonKaen.com forum.

There is a guy called "Visaboy" (or "Visa...." something). He is in Khon Kaen and offers such services.

wow, thanks, its just what i need. Is this guy still active ? Gonna look in to it later when i am on a acceptable internet connection. Aircard sucks.

"There is a guy called "Visaboy" (or "Visa...." something). He is in Khon Kaen and offers such services."

"wow, thanks, its just what i need. Is this guy still active ?"

I believe the last time Visaboy posted on the KK Forum he said he wasn't offering the service anymore.

He gave up after he couldn't or wouldn't answer questions about his service.

You might PM him and see if he can help you out. It might be worth a try.

If you post on that forum, there may be others who can help.

• 2 months later...

<P>if you have time get your visa from Laos Consulate on Prachasomosorn Road (before 12.00). Ask for express service and you will get it back in 10 minutes (200 baht extra). Go straight to the Bus Station on Klang Mueang (near Kaen Inn) and the ticket office for the Thai-Laos international bus service is in the middle aisle at one end (first window on left). Then buy your ticket for the afternoon bus (15.15) and that will drop you off, eventually, at Vientiane Bus Station. From there get a tuk tuk to the 'Phone Pseuth Guesthouse' (550 baht per night) which is located within walking distance of most of the bars and restaurants. The tuk tuk drivers in Laos make bangkok tuk tuk drivers appear meek by comparison. Bus station to guesthouse, no more than 100 baht all in, haggle there is plenty of choice. If no takers walk away and one will break rank and take you for 100 baht.<BR>If you are on overstay its not a good idea to take the international bus because you will be detained why you pay the fine and the bus will not wait for you. My advice is take one of the early morning trains about 05.00 and 08.00 (please check) and they stop 600m from the bridge. After checking into Laos get a tuk tuk to the above guesthouse for about 200-250(no more). People in the hotel and in the bars will give you the way to get to the embassy and what to do. If you have any problems obtaining a visa you can ring a Mr Seng Banlusak(good English) 0206775733 and for about 2000 baht he will get your tourist visa and deliver it to your hotel next day. You can get your visa back same day for about 4500 baht negotiable. Know many who used him to avoid the queues, great service nice guy. If you need any further info please im me</P>

sawasdii truethailand, i am thinking of visitng khon kaen and surrounding areas and then doing a visa run to vientiene to update my non imm "o" and stay there a couple of days.

i last went there about four years ago and getting the loas entry visa on the friendship bridge seemed to take forever.

if i get my loas visa in khon kaen and then get the international bus what happens at the friendship bridge?

get off the bus and be stamped out of thailand then go to the loas immigration and get stamped in, then get back on the bus to go to vientiene.

i remeber you could not get on the international bus unless you had a loas visa.

also is getting a loas visa in kohn kaen pretty quick and easy.

is the phone pseuth geust house o.k or a backpacker type place.

thanks for any info in advance, your post was very informative but i just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

chock dii khrap,

jerry, in hot chiang mai.