WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

News_Editor

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

2010-12-07 17:29:33 GMT+7 (ICT)

LONDON (BNO NEWS) -- After weeks in hiding, marked by the issuance of an international arrest warrant and death threats from around the world over the release of classified U.S. documents, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was taken into custody on allegations of rape and sexual molestation on Monday, BNO News confirmed.

Assange was taken into custody on a European Arrest Warrant by appointment at a London police station at 9.30 a.m. local time. He is wanted in Sweden on accusations of sexual molestation and rape, unrelated to his work for the controversial whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks which brought diplomatic hurricanes to the United States this year when it began releasing classified documents it had obtained.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-12-07

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is accused of some very serious crimes and he will get his day in court. If he is innocent, he has nothing to worry about.

The innocents should have also nothing to worry about wikileaks and an open and transparent society.

Where is there an open and transparent society?

He is accused of some very serious crimes and he will get his day in court. If he is innocent, he has nothing to worry about.

The innocents should have also nothing to worry about wikileaks and an open and transparent society.

That is there where innocents have nothing to worry about.

That is there where innocents have nothing to worry about.

Where?

According to the BBC, he's supposed to have committed these sex offences in August this year.

Sounds more like a smear campaign to me given his status.

" The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State." -- :ph34r:

Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propaganda Minister

I assume you're referring to this: "The innocents should have also nothing to worry about wikileaks and an open and transparent society." The only reading of that which I can see is that the innocents have nothing to fear from an open and transparent society as an idea or a possibility, not that some place is an open and transparent society and that the innocents don't have to worry about it declaring war on them. I honesty can't see anything confusing about it.

^^

Don't forget that it isn't my claim that innocents have nothing to worry.

You said there was an open and transparent society. Why won't you tell me where? I really want to know.

Well there is the open society and there are its enemies.

The open society and transparency are essential condition that the innocents have nothing to worry.

The term 'open society' has even its own wikipedia entry. you may wanna start to read there if is that all totally unknown to you.

I assume you're referring to this: "The innocents should have also nothing to worry about wikileaks and an open and transparent society." The only reading of that which I can see is that the innocents have nothing to fear from an open and transparent society as an idea or a possibility, not that some place is an open and transparent society and that the innocents don't have to worry about it declaring war on them. I honesty can't see anything confusing about it.

I understand that Peter Pan lives in Never Never land. Please someone tell me where is an open and transparent society? Because I think you are referring to Never Never land. And what is the point in the real world in a discussion about real things to refer to Never Never land?

I'm still waiting for those doomsday leaks.

Maybe (western) governments are slow to act, but I wouldn't be too sure about the "evil" banks and oil companies.

It exist only in your fantasy.

So does an open and transparent society unless you can name me one. And if you can't what is the use of talking about it? Never was and never will be.

^^

Don't forget that it isn't my claim that innocents have nothing to worry.

You said there was an open and transparent society. Why won't you tell me where? I really want to know.

Well there is the open society and there are its enemies.

The open society and transparency are essential condition that the innocents have nothing to worry.

The term 'open society' has even its own wikipedia entry. you may wanna start to read there if is that all totally unknown to you.

There is no such thing and there are no innocents. Of course I could be wrong. Name me one. Please.

Most big corporates have NDA's for staff, and would be very very pissed if someone put all their corporate info / strategy in the public domain........ why should govt be different. Dont like big brother, but its not right to purposely put out such info without a purpose.......

whats the purpose ? Fame ?

Most big corporates have NDA's for staff, and would be very very pissed if someone put all their corporate info / strategy in the public domain........ why should govt be different. Dont like big brother, but its not right to purposely put out such info without a purpose.......

whats the purpose ? Fame ?

I do hope you understand the difference between a company and a nation...

It gets more bizarre. The District Judge in London refused bail because he considers Assange a flight risk. Hello? Whatever happened to grabbing his passport and alerting the port authorities just in case?

One of his Swedish 'unexpected sex' victims cooked him breakfast and bought his train ticket AFTER they had a shag. Then the two women learned that they had both been serially shagged so, after exchanging sms messages on how to approach the police, they filed dodgy complaints. The interim (overnight) Swedish prosecutor logged them in but the full-time (day time) prosecutor kicked them out. In the meantime, Assange hung around for an extra 40-days while this was being bounced around and when nothing looked like happening anytime soon, he buggered off overseas.

Interpol appears to have issued a warrant for shagging with a broken condom... better lay low chaps!

(you know who you are)

I expected nothing less from the spineless cretins who run my country. Any chance to get on their knees for the yanks. In fact, in one of the cables that <deleted> Cameron revealed just how wide he planned on spreading his cheeks.

He is wanted in Sweden on accusations of sexual molestation and rape, unrelated to his work for the controversial whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks

Is it April already?

I hear you, I've already downloaded the 'insurance file' from wiki. I can't wait for the encryption key to be released as it's high time the governmental pyramid is rattled to the core :)

It gets more bizarre. The District Judge in London refused bail because he considers Assange a flight risk. Hello? Whatever happened to grabbing his passport and alerting the port authorities just in case?

He surrendered his passport to police (though refused a photo and to give a blood sample).

Story

His lawyer was on TV this evening, saying he's not being allowed to contact his client, who's in Wandsworth Nick, until 13th Dec, leaving him little time to prepare for the next hearing the day after.