Buying Furniture A Joke

fred007

Most places in the Uk hold NO stock its all made to order .......reason who wants a warehouse full of stuff they might not sell in the colour you might not like . Storage costs money so they make it to order.

The difference being in Europe you can buy the display stock with cash on the day in question. I have done this before with a £2000 three piece suite, furniture is furniture, the colour is largely irrelevant. I had it delivered the next day.

Most places in the Uk hold NO stock its all made to order .......reason who wants a warehouse full of stuff they might not sell in the colour you might not like . Storage costs money so they make it to order.

The difference being in Europe you can buy the display stock with cash on the day in question. I have done this before with a £2000 three piece suite, furniture is furniture, the colour is largely irrelevant. I had it delivered the next day.

color is irrelevant?

Most places in the US/UK won't sell floor stock unless they are discontinuing the model OR have stock in the warehouse. Can't sell (on order) what a customer can't see.

My landlord usually uses a hotel supply company for all the furniture she puts in her units. It’s high quality, durable, excellent construction, etc.

She also goes to those Furniture Fairs that they have at either Bitec, Muang Thong Thani, or Queen Sirikit Center a coupla times a year when they roll out new designs, and she buys last years clearance stuff.

All of her units have really nice furniture in 'em; although they're the obligatory 'thai height' stuff as far as the couches, loveseats, foot stools, etc. I always feel like I'm sitting in a house for munchkins :whistling: (with my knees up around my chin ;) ).

Really though; you can get some great deals at those furniture fairs. ..

Often times on the last day you can buy the display stuff dirt cheap, as the vendors don't wanna lug it back to their showrooms. (Usually delivery is free too)

FWIW: the next furniture fair at Sirikit Center is from the 18th - 26th this month.

Here's the link;

Furniture Fair at Queen Sirikit Center

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mega-bangna.com

5 Anchor stores INCLUDING IKEA!

Opening 2Q of 2011

One pic is the current construction of Mega Bangna and an artists rendition of the new IKEA at Mega Bangna.

Wow...an amazing shopping center. But the website says the opening is 2012???? IKEA says this store will open in Nov 2011.

Can't wait!