Underground Electronic Music Lovers

jgilb

When i am in the right mood i will listen and often enjoy electronic 'avant guarde' music, just like if i am in the mood i will listen to Hank Williams....... If i am not in the mood,then it is goddam boring.

Are you talkining live performance in Bangkok or recorded electronic music.?

You're right, lack of new underground music in LOS.......Thais are nervous about doing something if it isn't already popular somewhere.....fear of failure. Myself, I roll up, kick back and listen to the DJ s on SOMA FM ( non commercial internet radio station). You need to download a media player 4 this...I'd recommend the VLC media player which is freeware and can be downloaded at CNET download . com.................enjoy

i need some new electro music input.

Moved here 6 years ago from the uk and an still relying on old school from mid 90's to early 2000's. Left field, boards of canada, orbital,underworld,autechtre to name but a few still have deffinate appeal, but todays stuff just does not float my boat.

I search everywhere for recomendations and find maybe one good out of 9 bad.

If you can point me towards the good stuff i'll give anything a try.

Cheers

i need some new electro music input.

Moved here 6 years ago from the uk and an still relying on old school from mid 90's to early 2000's. Left field, boards of canada, orbital,underworld,autechtre to name but a few still have deffinate appeal, but todays stuff just does not float my boat.

I search everywhere for recomendations and find maybe one good out of 9 bad.

If you can point me towards the good stuff i'll give anything a try.

Cheers

Try here

http://www.sutemos.net/en/

I also have a hard time finding anything interesting and have basically hung up my music hat. Sometimes I trawl the net and hence came across this. Might go on a hunt for Andy Weatherall.

Thanks for that. i'll have a look at that after work as i'm restricted here.

Weatherall instantly brings back sabres of paradise, especially smokebelch 2, oh and weekender by flowered up..Stupidly i gave all my vinyl to a friend before i left for Thailand, what a plonker.

I also found this yesterday and will probaly start to get some of the listed ones i havn't listened too.

Top 100 electronic music

There's a lot of good ambient stuff floating about the internet at the moment, if you like boards you should try helios.

Along the same lines is Stray

Mount Kimbie

If you like those i've got plenty more tucked away in my itunes.

There's a lot of good ambient stuff floating about the internet at the moment, if you like boards you should try helios.

Along the same lines is Stray

Mount Kimbie

If you like those i've got plenty more tucked away in my itunes.

Check out Swedish House Mafia, Orbital, The Chemical Brothers, Future Sound of London, The Orb, Annie Mac, Daft Punk, The Prodigy....

If you need more, let me know.

ianwuk

My best friend is a Minimal Tech DJ in London and gives me weekly links to what good.

First up is www.mnml.nl where you can register and then download the latest live sets.

The second great source is www.soundcloud.com

try putting these DJ's into the search on that site..

praslea

cassy

ricardo villalobos

luciano

raresh

ivan smagghe

petre insprecu

rhadoo

dancetripping.tv

[email protected]

http://radio.myhouse-yourhouse.net/

All these depend on your tastes of course, but my regular haunts in London were Fabric, Public Life and The Egg. If you want more names or links then let me know.