Name Those Eggs

]Hi,

I don't know what these larvae thingies are, but I'd like to. They are all over the guesthouses I've seen in the South of Thailand. At first I thought they were mosquito nests or something, but they only propagate in still water, so that theory's out.

These things hang off the ceiling and on the walls, particularly in places that don't get much attention like behind desks and dressers.

See pic and see if you can ID them

post-114900-0-86812300-1291736644_thumb.

They're not eggs they are tiny cocoons and have a little worm inside them that comes out partially and crawls around dragging it's little cocoon all over. Beyond that I don't know what comes out of them once mature and would also be interested to know as we have them all over too..Probably some sort of moth..

Case bearing moth larvae.

What do I win?

You win my nomination for "Member with most knowledge of lepidoptery" in the Thaivisa Awards.

Cheers

And now I know what lepidoptery means as well biggrin.gif

Yeah...............Useless information................ :P

Case bearing moth larvae.

What do I win?

You win my nomination for "Member with most knowledge of lepidoptery" in the Thaivisa Awards.

Cheers

And now I know what lepidoptery means as well biggrin.gif

Yeah...............Useless information................ :P

Not quite; I've been wondering what those things are for years; just been too lazy to post like the OP; thanks and well done!

Our home is full of the little blighters. On the walls, on the windows, on the floor and some get in our beds, curtains and clothes.

Insect sprays don`t seem to work, normally have to use a vacuum cleaner to clear them off the walls. But within 24 hours they are all back again. And even using that method the things don`t go without a fight, they really do cling tightly on to the walls

I have noticed that these things do get caught up in curtains and seem to eat through the material. I have my doubts that these creatures are moth larvae, more like some sort of worm. They are flat and not easy to squash with the fly whacker.

200 house points for anyone who can tell us what these things are.

Moth larvae. Well that's not so bad.

The prize? Ok, if you can find me in some backpacker joint or bar and you come and say "You are Cranky Carrot - where's my prize?" I'll buy you a beer Chang (small).

I didn't know what lepiodoptery or whatever was either. I feel whole now.

Hey Beetlejuice

You can remove them pretty quickly with a long piece of sticky tape.

Just rack em up by pressing it to the wall and removing. It's pretty quick and you can make a game of it with your partner to see who gets the most in 2 mins. Winner gets, err, a small beer chang, lol.

Then just chuck it out. Done.

Oh yeah, and what the hell are Jing Jocks?

Gecko's to the rest of us, or Scotsmen that tell teh truth maybe..

I thought it was a gay Scotsman. :D

I think Jing is in a bad mood over the yank thread already, I' m off for a beer.:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...