Torrents

Westerner

Hi

I download torrents every day and haven't had any problems until recently. Over the past week I have noticed that everything has been getting slower and slower when I try to view websites on the internet and today it is almost impossible to open anything. When I first switch my laptop on everything is OK, and I can view websites on the internet, but after I have opened and watched a torrent then the problem starts.

Does anybody know what the problem might be? I feel I should mention also, that I download torrents into both C drive and backup D drive.

Thanks.

W.

Turn off the torrent client completely. Reboot the computer, and don't open the torrent client. Does this fix the problem or not?

If yes:

In your torrent client, reduce the number of torrents open simultaneously.

Go to the Preferences or Settings in your Torrent client and reduce the number of allowed open connections per torrent. It could be they are choking your router.

As a follow up to the comments from Meadish.

Cntrl+Alt+Delete for the Task manager

Click on the performance tab,

then click on the top of the cpu column and see which programme is

using the cpu most.

Ideally it should be System Idle Process, but if it is another one

then you have a better idea of what is wrong.

For me, Firefox occasionally grabs the cpu and needs to be killed and restarted.

I download torrents every day and haven't had any problems until recently. Over the past week I have noticed that everything has been getting slower and slower when I try to view websites on the internet and today it is almost impossible to open anything. When I first switch my laptop on everything is OK, and I can view websites on the internet, but after I have opened and watched a torrent then the problem starts.

When configuring your torrent client, make sure the Global maximum upload rate is NOT set to "unlimited". Setting this value too high will limit your ability to browse the web whilst downloading and/or seeding torrents.

Use this formula:

upload speed (kbit) / 10 * 0.80 = Max. upload rate (KB/s)