Help-Should I Stay With Dsl Or Go Wireless

orchidlady

I am moving this weekend, just down the street (500 meters on Lad Prao). My current building is set-up with Buddy Broadband DSL. I just needed to pay a monthly fee, I guess the phone line was already connected. My goal in moving was to save me commute time. I will be next door to the MRT but it looks like all the time I have freed up will be spent dealing with connections for Internet, TV, getting a washing machine and connections (they don't have washing machines (everyone either has their own machine or uses a service!)

The new building is basically a free choice for all-Internet, tv etc. nothing is pre-installed and my unit has never been lived in before so I am starting from scratch.. If I want dsl, I was told I need a land line number. I know this will cost a monthly fee -any idea how much? I won't use it for phone calls just Internet. The leasing staff said it could take 7 - 10 days once I get down to the TOT office. Considering Sunday is the only day I will not be working for the next three weeks...I won't have Internet access for some time. Anyone know a list of office locations in English? I am looking for an office near Rangsit so I can go when I have a break at work.

How about using a wireless Internet service? Any suggestions as to good providers? Security issues? Any help or suggestions for the easiest and/or fastest Internet solutuion would be greatly appreciated.

The TOT Phone line only 107Bht per month at least that what I am paying I took over from some one else so I do not know install costs. You may want to grap a cheap USB 3.2 or 7.2Mpbs Air card (1000 -2000BHT not sure price have changed) and one of those 99Bht Data only sims (2GB dowload last 30days to keep you on the air until phone and ADSL is sorted out. Just avoide AIS as they only provide Edge about 256 -384kpbs) The Edge air cards are very cheap but will be reduntant once the 3G rollout is sorted and ar little better than dailup speeds.