Australian Embassy

Yes returned to the scene of the drime yesterday. Unfortunately Khun Sumone must have had a day off and I had to face up to Khun I work at the Aust Embassy.

After an initial falter things sailed smoothly and I am happy to say I can report that Khun I work at the Aust embassy looked after me in a very efficient way even smiled (actually smirked I think when she relieved me of the Baht 600+ for an updated residential stat dec (Passport number has changed). Dearest rubber stamp I have ever seen (now for that type of money I could obtain a gold embossed version at KSR.

Living by the theory of only talk of people from your own experience Khun I work at the Aust Embassy counter manner has changed. ( The thai couple behind me would no doubt relate a different story but that is not my concern or is it?)

Security at all embassies has been upgraded due to world events and this is no secret.

Aust Embassy no difference new procedures - my comment is the courteous but efficient way it was handled by the Thai security team.

Several visits recently so pre-emting the need to empty pockets and have sources of beeps investigated was met with a smile and pleasantries - A job being well done with no beg your pardons for the necessary checks just courteous and efficient.

One for Samran ran across one of the "leave a lot to be desired types" in the foyer of the consulate area Khun I work at the Aust Embassy had passed him off to the Khun Sumone fill in nice move on her part. Maybe the security check could include a swim in the moat for certain customers - actually the young Thai Lass with him would have benefited from a dip too.

So what exactly are you talking about here?

cv

Firstly they were two separate posts placed in General but it appears all embassy related topics go here?

The first post was a follow up to the treatment I received at the Australian Embassy 2 weeks ago see post Aust Embassy Brickbats.

The second was a general post in its own right about the efficient and courteous service by the security staff at the Aust Embassy.