Place For Running (Soft Surface)

registrant

Hi everybody. I've got some problem with my knee that made me disable to continue my running exercises on concrete or asphalt surfaces. I'm looking for any place situated nearby Old City with soft surface (earth, grass, synthetic etc) which is suitable for running.

Thanks.

I've tried on Municipal Stadium once, but it's to hard for me.

Going to try CMU dirt track.

Use the CMU soccer field-its all grass. Running round the perimeter could keep you occupied for 30 minutes. The one I'm thinking of is easily accessible from the Huay Kaew Road CMU Main Entrance. The field isj just on the left as you go through the Gate.

Run around the lake or the soft edge of the 5km exercise track at Huay Tung Tao

There are also good dirt and grass trails that fork off from the asphalt exercise path at HTT

Also more dirt and gravel like paths to the north of the reservoir near the other entrance to Doi Suthep park. Can even venture a little onto the military reservation. Never had anyone warn or shoot at me yet... Knock on wood.

I almost completely shifted over to cycling like a lot of other people I know. A lot less trauma to the joints and can get as much intensity and far longer duration... Make sure to stretch as its muscle inbalance and tightness which causes the tensions that deteriorate the knee joints.

I still like doing workout running up stairs. 15 stories in the condo is a great power builder.

Lots of runners should change their shoes more often before they lose stability and consider orthotics for some foot/arch situations.

Running is great but do it wrong and the knee cartilage gets jacked.... and no easy way to repair it.

I have know runners who have been fine and boom they start having knee pain and get an MRI and receive the bad news.... No nerve endings on the joint surface in there to warn about damage.

Happy trails !

There are also good dirt and grass trails that fork off from the asphalt exercise path at HTT

Huay Tung Tao may be fine ( hardly ideal though) but the OP wrote, "I'm looking for any place situated nearby Old City with soft surface." I don't think HTT really fits the bill. It would be a real bind getting out there every day (15 minutes on the motobike ) whereas somewhere nearby would help to keep up the good work.

Huay Tung Tao may be fine ( hardly ideal though) but the OP wrote, "I'm looking for any place situated nearby Old City with soft surface." I don't think HTT really fits the bill. It would be a real bind getting out there every day (15 minutes on the motobike ) whereas somewhere nearby would help to keep up the good work.

if someone is serious about their health then well worth the short trip.... Improve your health by breathing somewhat to significantly cleaner air. More oxygen into the blood stream without the carbon monoxide and cocktails of pollutants. Exercising in or near town and breathing that funk?.... Don't forget your mask.