Router Keeps Resetting

pkspeaker

Brand, model number?

I had issues with my router crashing about once a day, which, touch wood, were fixed with a firmware update, but if you're not staying connected for 3 minutes, you might have problems getting the firmware update.

I'm with True (Pattaya) and have been experiencing this on and off now for a couple of weeks, though fingers crossed, the problem hasn't resurfaced since last Monday. Called their technician out a couple of times but to no avail, so I'm beginning to think it was an internal problem they wouldn't admit to.

Is it your router, or TRUE's?

Did it ever work satisfactorily?

Can you post the exact model number? Maybe look on the bottom of the unit. (Maybe something like P-660W-T1 v2.)

Are you able to view any line statistics?

How do you know it is resetting?

My best guess based on scant details is that your unit cannot connect to the default gateway, but this is a guess. So could be a TRUE issue, but then it could be a cabling issue. All sorts of people are at the wiring (my TOT cabinet is routinely unlocked, open, wires dangling out and any number of chaps fiddling around inside it on a daily basis) I am forever amazed DSL even works at all here.

thx for reply its zyzel p-600 series .. 6am so far its not doing it today, was just on another machine for about 30min and it didn't do it maybe it was true and they fixed the probelm

I have been having the same problem. Same router and same ISP. Last night the Router was resetting every 2 mins or so... however this morning it seemed fine which would lead me to believe it's True at fault rather than the router. I have brought a new router just in case my old one has an issue, so should be able to work out who is at fault later tonight.

Might also be worth checking the ADSLsplitter as they don't last forever. My old splitter caused so much interference that it caused the connection to drop every few minutes - easily checked by plugging the line straight into the router.

Edited by Laawman