Danish Christmas Eve Dinner.!

brianmarinus

Hi!

I dont know if eny of you have the owen to do-but here ie how to make a danish-flaeskesteg!

Flæskesteg - Roast pork

5-6 lb (2½ kg) leg of pork

About 1/3 pint (2½ dl) stock

Salt

Ground black pepper

Colman's mustard

4-6 tablesp. cream

1 tablesp. tomato purée

Soy sauce

Corn starch for thickening

Score the pork and rub with salt, mustard powder and a little pepper. Place on a grid and roast at 480o F (250o C) for about ½ hour or until the crackling turns white. Turn the oven down to 360o F (180o C) and pour in the boiling stock.

Roast the joint for a further 2 1/4 hours depending on the size. Do not baste, or the crackling will become soft, but turn down the heat if it becomes too dark.

Pour the gravy into a small saucepan, leaving the joint to keep hot in the oven with the door ajar. Skim the fat off the gravy and add the cream to taste. Boil up with the salt, pepper, tomato purée and soy sauce, thickening with cornstarch if desired.

Serve with red cabbage and caramelized potatoes.

brianmarinus.

Sounds wonderful Brian.

My neighbour also Danish has invited me to Christmas Dinner Several times in the past. I know he's a good Cook but we always ended up with Pork Sandwiches as he always had a few drinks preparing the food . It either never got cooked or he burn't the pans, and the Kitchen.

I'm sure your meals are far more successful :)

He doesn't invite me anymore, He can't remember my name .

Edited by jubby

Sounds wonderful Brian.

My neighbour also Danish has invited me to Christmas Dinner Several times in the past. I know he's a good Cook but we always ended up with Pork Sandwiches as he always had a few drinks preparing the food . It either never got cooked or he burn't the pans, and the Kitchen.

I'm sure your meals are far more successful :)

He doesn't invite me anymore, He can't remember my name .

Who are you?

He doesn't remember anyones name anymore Imagedude ;)

Anyway, back on Topic. was this a general invite to Xmas eve Dinner :whistling:

Whats the Dress Code ? . Formal or should I just come in my underpants like my Danish friend :D

Edited by jubby