New Plaza

GEZMAC

Can't anything be done about the amount of traffic using new plaza as a short cut from 2nd road to Soi Buakow? with the new condo or hotel being built and restricting parking its a nightmare walking to the bars. I was told it was a private area and every Christmas and new years eve they cordon it off so it must be possible to do something the rest of the year, probably not be too popular with the food vendors though.

Is new plaza the road that exits by the Thailand night market at the Central end?

If it is, I agree that the amount of traffic going through there is a drag. However, I don't know what can be done. TIT.

If I owned the area, I'd put really big traffic humps every 10 feet, so only drivers that really needed to go there would do so.

Yeah, the traffic can be a bummer, especially as New Plaza is one of the best places in central Patts for a relaxing drink.

Problem is,there's no other way to get thru to Bookow from that end of 2nd Road.

By 'relaxing' I presume you mean cheap :).

In answer to an earlier post, there are speed bumps already but beyond the bars complex going from second road.

There are a number of choices to get on Soi Buakhao but I guess the nearest to New Plaza (if on a bike) is through the Avenue car park.

How about providing another practical way for traffic to go to soi bukhao instead of calling for cordoning off the area?

Soi 7 is not an option, since that leads to pattaya klang.

The Avenue car park is really far away.

Edited by manarak

How about providing another practical way for traffic to go to soi bukhao instead of calling for cordoning off the area?

Soi 7 is not an option, since that leads to pattaya klang.

The Avenue car park is really far away.

I would make Soi Buakhao one way from Klang to Tai

(probably allow motorcy's to go against the traffic to the bike park on Tuesdays and Fridays - they would anyway ! Baht buses can drop off on Pattaya Tai).

Yeah, the traffic can be a bummer, especially as New Plaza is one of the best places in central Patts for a relaxing drink.

Problem is,there's no other way to get thru to Bookow from that end of 2nd Road.

No, I mean relaxing. The music is always at a good volume, in most of the bars you can choose yer own tunes there's very little hassle from hawkers or BGs, and most of the bar owners there come across as excellent hosts.

Also, for a base for a holiday in Patts, it's location is superb.

Nuff said!

Edited by Soi Sauce

No, I mean relaxing. The music is always at a good volume, in most of the bars you can choose yer own tunes there's very little hassle from hawkers or BGs, and most of the bar owners there come across as excellent hosts.

Nuff said!

It is a cheap beer location full of alkies and losers - best avoided.

Is new plaza the road that exits by the Thailand night market at the Central end?

If it is, I agree that the amount of traffic going through there is a drag. However, I don't know what can be done. TIT.

If I owned the area, I'd put really big traffic humps every 10 feet, so only drivers that really needed to go there would do so.

Sorry, meant the Made In Thailand market.

Sad to see the usual "I'm better than you" responses. Don't know why some people can't just not make nasty replies.

If they don't like Pattaya, should go away somewhere they like better.

In answer to an earlier post, there are speed bumps already but beyond the bars complex going from second road.

There are a number of choices to get on Soi Buakhao but I guess the nearest to New Plaza (if on a bike) is through the Avenue car park.

Obviously speed humps aren't big or frequent enough.

Obviously speed humps aren't big or frequent enough.

Difficult really - as a speed calming measure I am sure they work. If you want a 'barrier' then you will have to think in terms of the Berlin wall.

Nuff said!

I am neither of these and I enjoy spending an hour or so there-and I would never critisize anyone for what is a matter of personal opinion it only gives the impression of a poor education.

I am neither of these and I enjoy spending an hour or so there-and I would never critisize anyone for what is a matter of personal opinion it only gives the impression of a poor education.

In fairness, you don't need a degree to quickly realise that a large percentage of New Plaza drinkers are indeed alkies and losers.

That said, I entirely agree that is personal choice whether you imbibe there. I have also often enjoyed a few hours - I would not wishto get to the stage where I had my name on a particular chair.

In fairness, you don't need a degree to quickly realise that a large percentage of New Plaza drinkers are indeed alkies and losers.

That said, I entirely agree that is personal choice whether you imbibe there. I have also often enjoyed a few hours - I would not wishto get to the stage where I had my name on a particular chair.

You could say the same about any location/bar in patts-at 46 baht to the pound and spending 3 X 1 month/per year visiting I seek out the bars where I can get good value-I have my own little rat-run of cheap and cheerfull places to visit-not drinking to excess just chilling out and watching the world go by.If someone has a particular chair/place to sit thats fine-up to them-the same thing happens in my local working mens club back home-everybody to their own I say.I returned home one week ago-and in 5 weeks I will be on the big bird again-save me a seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Very funny post.

The whole of Pattaya is full of alkies and losers. I see little distinction between the various bar areas.

Edited by Tolley

Very funny post.

The whole of Pattaya is full of alkies and losers. I see little distinction between the various bar areas.

All a matter of price, the further down the loser scale you are the cheaper the bars you patronise! I can't even afford the New Plaza! :lol:

I started with nothing and lost it all. It's the Plaza for me, everytime.

BTW, isn't generally full of alkies and losers. That's why they are there coz they cannot get it at home or afford to live in a paradise. Snobbism in Patts slays me everytime. How the hell can anyone think they are superior to anyone when they live in a drug and vice soaked brothel.

Praise the losers to the heavens then as they keep the town going.

Nuff said!

I think same same...even for Central P'ya a quite low standard of customers. Many of them heavy alcoholics.

But anyway, used to have a cold one there from time to time when the traffic got too dense on 2nd and Soi BK.